Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Which monster do you think is the most dangerous and scariest in the Frictional Games universe?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Grey Rock Worms from Penumbra
8.28%
13 8.28%
The Infected from Penumbra
17.83%
28 17.83%
The Dogs from Penumbra
7.01%
11 7.01%
The spiders from Penumbra
1.91%
3 1.91%
The Brutes from Amneisa
35.03%
55 35.03%
The Grunts from Amnesia
13.38%
21 13.38%
The Water Horror from Amnesia
16.56%
26 16.56%
Total 157 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia?
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19
RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia?

The Rock Worm is the Nr 1 for me. But it is difficult to actually rate which monster is scarier, because often it has to do with environmental factors...
04-08-2012, 10:57 PM
Find
Gharren Offline

Threads: 1
RE: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia?

I don't understand what everyone finds so scary about the water horror.
For me, it's definitely the infected from Penumbra. They're creepy as fuck.

Greetings,
Gharren

I'm a werewolf. Meow.
-----------
The Beauty of Nature.
-----------
04-09-2012, 03:13 AM
Website Find
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83

(04-08-2012, 10:57 PM)spukrian Wrote: The Rock Worm is the Nr 1 for me. But it is difficult to actually rate which monster is scarier, because often it has to do with environmental factors...
I agree it can be difficult to rate who's scarier. Frictional Games does a great job at making scary games with an interesting story. When I first encountered the Gray Rock Worm I knew I wouldn't want to meet a wild one, but would be cool if they really did live deep underground.

04-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Find
asghdrew Offline

Threads: 10

Infected
Because I dont like a thing chasing me with a bloody penis...
It makes me parranoid and run for my life :/
Second would be the Hunter !
Although it was cut out from the games it would be a great scare for crawling through the went's and jumping in your face Big Grin

lol noobs
04-10-2012, 10:55 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(04-10-2012, 10:55 PM)BlingBoyOto Wrote: Infected
Because I dont like a thing chasing me with a bloody penis...
It makes me parranoid and run for my life :/
Second would be the Hunter !
Although it was cut out from the games it would be a great scare for crawling through the went's and jumping in your face Big Grin
The Infected actually chase you with a bloody intestine, a cut on its body above this is visible(for one thing).
I too got nervous when I first met one in the demo! Their face is nice and scary, and they are smarter than the Amnesia Brutes and Grunts (I shudder to think what would happen if the Infected helped the Brutes and Grunts)

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2012, 12:27 AM by The Rock Worm.)
04-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Find
Zannibal Offline

Threads: 2

Spiders. I have arachophobia and I can't get to Section C. I try to tell myself it's just a fucking game but as soon as a giant spider jumps to my screen I can't help but pause the game and cover my face with my hands Big Grin (not facepalm..) I guess I'll have to get a savegame so I can get to Section C.

Other than that.. well, I've spoiled these games pretty well (won't do the same mistake with Machine...) so I'm not really that afraid of anything. But maybe it's brute. You don't really want to get in touch with that one.
04-12-2012, 11:34 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(04-12-2012, 11:34 PM)Zannibal Wrote: Spiders. I have arachophobia and I can't get to Section C. I try to tell myself it's just a fucking game but as soon as a giant spider jumps to my screen I can't help but pause the game and cover my face with my hands Big Grin (not facepalm..) I guess I'll have to get a savegame so I can get to Section C.

Other than that.. well, I've spoiled these games pretty well (won't do the same mistake with Machine...) so I'm not really that afraid of anything. But maybe it's brute. You don't really want to get in touch with that one.
I sure do not want to get hit by that Brute ( who is faster than he looks), but would make an interesting chef (with that blade) or a signer (with that voice).

Sorry to hear that you have arachnophobia, I hope you can one day overcome it. Light/fire seems to drive these giants one (which are really annoying), but I just run like crazy (with the flashlight on of course) until I can get to a spider-free area!

Here's a funny thought, have a special Amnesia level where the Brute hunts those spiders instead of us Big Grin

04-13-2012, 12:19 AM
Find
spukrian Offline

I believe that the thingie the Infected have is actually an umbilical cord... Sad

Quote:When I first encountered the Gray Rock Worm I knew I wouldn't want to meet a wild one, but would be cool if they really did live deep underground.
There are lots of scary worms in the world, thankfully none of them are as large as in Penumbra! Big Grin Check out the Bobbit Worm.

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2012, 01:11 AM by spukrian.)
04-14-2012, 12:54 AM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(04-14-2012, 12:54 AM)spukrian Wrote: I believe that the thingie the Infected have is actually an umbilical cord... Sad

Quote:When I first encountered the Gray Rock Worm I knew I wouldn't want to meet a wild one, but would be cool if they really did live deep underground.
There are lots of scary worms in the world, thankfully none of them are as large as in Penumbra! Big Grin Check out the Bobbit Worm.
I've heard about the Bobbit Worm, he's the first predatory worm I heard about. Here's a video of it and a small fish (video not mine, found on Youtube) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkUSx6aQGXU ...and below is a video of a land-based predatory worm (a Leech actually, but instead of sucking blood like its relatives, it hunts other worms and bugs! This video is also not mine but found on Youtube)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpv9P1KOVMQ

04-22-2012, 05:27 PM
Find
spukrian Offline

Hey, awesome videos, thanks! There are a lot of creepy crawlies out there, too bad there aren't any where I live (maybe I should be happy about that, hehe).
04-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Find