Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Amnesia going haywire although passed system specs
TaintedTobi Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago Amnesia going haywire although passed system specs

Ok so iv been snooping around these forums only to find similar, but not exact problems as mine. I am trying to run the Amnesia demo to test it before i buy it and at first it would give me a renderer #0 error message so i downloaded some driver updater freeware (I dont think its reliable) and updated my drivers for my graphics card. After that when i go into the character selection screen my program runs extremely low and the music is all crackly and distorted even on the lowest settings. I went to can you run it and my PC exceeds expectations and says it should be able to run on full quality, but idk. Mabye if someone can refer me to some drivers or something, anyways here are some specs

Windows 7 Ultimate 34-bit
HP Pavillion a6414f
AMD Anthlon 64x3 Dual Core Prossecor
NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nForce 430

Any help would be apreciated thanks
01-05-2012, 04:58 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Amnesia going haywire although passed system specs

You can update your graphics card from nvidia.com but you will not be able to play the game correctly since this is the bare minimum graphics card that can support the game. If it is a desktop, you can get a new graphics card. Even the cheapest can run Amnesia normally.
01-05-2012, 09:00 AM
Find
TaintedTobi Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Amnesia going haywire although passed system specs

Alright cool i appreciate the help, i might as well just swap graphics cards with my laptop, anyways thanks for the help
01-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Find