Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obvious problems with patch
Blueshadows18007 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Obvious problems with patch

Now I know that this problem as probably been answered before, but I don't have the time or patents to find someone else with a siduation identical to mine.
Alright, I bought a physical Amnesia CD. I finished the game and found out about Justine. So I've been looking at the patch avaliable here because it says it comes with Justine. When I downloaded the patch, I pressed the icon that came up on my desktop and it installed something else (which confused me). From there I had no idea of what to do. So I looked here http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-8929.html and found I was supposed to merge the files? I did that and relaunched the game, but nothing changed. So now I'm here asking what I should do and how do I know when it's worked?
So to sum up:
I have a physical CD copy of Amnesia. Want to play Justine. What do I do? How will I know when I've done it?
I also was told about the super_secret.rar file. I found it, but when I tried to open it, it didn't know what to open it with. How do I open it? I know about the passwords and those things, but a thing poped up asking what to open it with. Do I open it with internet or word or what?
01-05-2012, 05:12 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Obvious problems with patch

You said that you played Justine and found out about her. So that means that the v1.2 update installed correctly. To check that manually attach me here the file HPL.log found under Documents\Amnesia\Main folder.

All .rar files can be opened with WinRar
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2012, 08:58 AM by plutomaniac.)
01-05-2012, 08:57 AM
Find
Blueshadows18007 Offline

Threads: 1

No no no. I ment that I finished Amnesia: The Dark Decent THEN found out about Justine. I still haven't played Justine.
01-06-2012, 12:19 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

The update can be found here: http://support.frictionalgames.com/entry/98/
01-06-2012, 12:23 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Go to valusoft.com and check their support section for the update for the CD release of Amnesia.
01-06-2012, 11:01 AM
Website Find