Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Should "Amnesia: The Dark Descent" be made into a movie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, let's make it into a movie!
35.29%
6 35.29%
Nope. It's fine as a game only.
64.71%
11 64.71%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Amnesia Movie Question
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Amnesia Movie Question

I'd LOVE to make an amnesia short film, I think that would work. It's just a feature length film wouldn't work. Although I don't really have the sets or actors to pull it off. Not really any castle up in Washington Tongue I hope some day I get/someone else gets the chance to make one (I want to be a movie writer and director when I grow up)

Posting Freak
01-06-2012, 07:26 AM
Website Find
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83

(01-06-2012, 07:26 AM)kman Wrote: I'd LOVE to make an amnesia short film, I think that would work. It's just a feature length film wouldn't work. Although I don't really have the sets or actors to pull it off. Not really any castle up in Washington Tongue I hope some day I get/someone else gets the chance to make one (I want to be a movie writer and director when I grow up)
Even a short film would be neat to see. I hope you make a great movie writer and director Smile
01-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Find
J.R.S.S. Offline

Threads: 5

Kman, if you wish we could possibly write a short based off Amnesia and/or "The Outside". Would be good to start you off in the film direction (always starts with writing a short). Just send me a pm if you're interested.

Ocean is more ancient than the mountains, and freighted with the memories and the dreams of Time.
H.P. Lovecraft
"The White Ship"
01-07-2012, 02:35 AM
Website Find
BlueFury Offline

Threads: 30

I'm usually bored and found a lantern prop in gmod, i might make a video, don't expect much though.

Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will break our hearts. – Robert Fulghum
01-07-2012, 02:38 AM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(01-07-2012, 02:38 AM)BlueFury Wrote: I'm usually bored and found a lantern prop in gmod, i might make a video, don't expect much though.
That would still be a neat video to see. I don't even have an Amnesia style lantern, prop or otherwise.
01-07-2012, 03:36 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(01-07-2012, 02:35 AM)J.R.S.Storch Wrote: Kman, if you wish we could possibly write a short based off Amnesia and/or "The Outside". Would be good to start you off in the film direction (always starts with writing a short). Just send me a pm if you're interested.
Nah it's fine, I've got my hands full with my custom story and school, also I don't think I wouldn't do justice to the script (since I'm sure it would be VERY good considering that you work at a professional movie studio). It's really nice of you to offer though!

Posting Freak
01-07-2012, 03:55 AM
Website Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

I know people are saying that Amnesia's too long, but consider this.

Make it in parts.

See what I did thar?

In all seriousness, I wouldn't watch the movie. I'm not saying I don't want it, but movies that are scary just knock the piss out of me. If it was an animated movie, maybe. I would give it thought, but not if it's a mix of Real life and then having really good animated monsters. -shudderz-

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
01-07-2012, 04:12 AM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(01-07-2012, 04:12 AM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: I know people are saying that Amnesia's too long, but consider this.

Make it in parts.

See what I did thar?

In all seriousness, I wouldn't watch the movie. I'm not saying I don't want it, but movies that are scary just knock the piss out of me. If it was an animated movie, maybe. I would give it thought, but not if it's a mix of Real life and then having really good animated monsters. -shudderz-
I can see Amnesia as a movie being split up into two parts if the story is too long for the movie makers. Good idea.

01-07-2012, 04:39 AM
Find