Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

How did you guys find out about Amnesia and/or Penumbra ?
she Offline

Threads: 0
RE: How did you guys find out about Amnesia and/or Penumbra ?

When Amnesia came out, I had an ex who told me about it and said that I'd never be brave enough to play it. I knew they were probably right, but when the game came out for free through OnLive sometime later, I decided to give it a try. Turned out to be a pretty good decision, seeing as I loved it so much I bought it the day after.

[Image: f59ljn.gif]
01-18-2012, 10:43 AM
Website Find
Joseph Curwen Offline

Threads: 8

Few years ago I started programming c and wanted to make a game. So I researched on libraries to use, found 'Allegro' and a small game that used it. The game was 'Fiend' by FG member Thomas Grip. Since then I follow the forums and the games now and then. That game also introduced me to Lovecraft's short stories, btw.
01-18-2012, 08:49 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

(01-15-2012, 02:02 AM)kman Wrote: If they're into games like CoD, don't bother. I know someone like that, and trust me, people like that won't enjoy amnesia. If a game requires even an OUNCE of thinking, it's automatically "gay" and no matter how hard you try to convince them otherwise if they can't run around blasting russian's heads off with a shotgun they won't like it.
The only time I call a game gay is when it has many bugs, glitches, etc.

I mean, Frictional may have some glitches and bugs, but;

Activision = Multi-Billion dollar company
Frictional Games = Small company that runs on a tight budget.

See the difference?

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
01-18-2012, 11:09 PM
Find
BlueFury Offline

Threads: 30

Gay shouldn't be a way of describing a game anyway. Call it bad or thrash, gay has nothing to do with games at all.

Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will break our hearts. – Robert Fulghum
01-19-2012, 02:01 AM
Find
xdeath Offline

Threads: 2

I can't remember exactly.
Scenario 1

I got Dead Space, got sick of the repetitive monster spawns, and started to look into alternative Horror games.
Read about across Silent Hill series. Watched Zero Punctuations review.
OR
Scenario 2
I played Call of Cthullu and sorta fell in love with that style of horror, and I started to look for movies and games with similar themes.
I'm thinking it was a mixture of both these scenarios
02-12-2012, 03:38 AM
Find