Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Help Is there a way to make the player spawn with a lantern in their inventory?
A Tricky Carnie Offline

Threads: 15
Question  Is there a way to make the player spawn with a lantern in their inventory?

I'm making the second chapter of my custom story, and since in continues from where the first one left off, I want the player to spawn in the first map with a lantern, and keep it throughout the CS. Is this possible?

Also what is the script command to make the player start out with half their oil instead of it being full?

thanks in advance Big Grin .

01-09-2012, 12:52 AM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48
RE: Is there a way to make the player spawn with a lantern in their inventory?

GiveItem(string& asName, string& asType, string& asSubTypeName, string& asImageName, float afAmount);

Adds an item to the inventory of the player. Note that the item does not have to exist as entity in the world to be able to do this.

asName - internal name
asType - item to give
asSubTypeName - item name for .lang file
asImageName - For exemple: void GiveItem(string& asName, string& asType, “chemical_container_full”, “chemical_container_full.tga” , float afAmount); The image is from \ graphics\Item\chemical_container_full.tga : is the image which will appear in Inventory - img155.imageshack.us/img155/6871/20806785.jpg

Taken from http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn..._functions

Sorry I can't help you any more, don't have amnesia with me to test : P

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2012, 01:03 AM by flamez3.)
01-09-2012, 01:02 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

^^^
That's for spawning with the lantern.

SetPlayerLampOil(50);

sets the lamp oil to 50%
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2012, 01:48 AM by Statyk.)
01-09-2012, 01:47 AM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

Threads: 21

(01-09-2012, 01:02 AM)flamez3 Wrote: GiveItem(string& asName, string& asType, string& asSubTypeName, string& asImageName, float afAmount);

Adds an item to the inventory of the player. Note that the item does not have to exist as entity in the world to be able to do this.

asName - internal name
asType - item to give
asImageName - For exemple: void GiveItem(string& asName, string& asType, “chemical_container_full”, “chemical_container_full.tga” , float afAmount); The image is from \ graphics\Item\chemical_container_full.tga : is the image which will appear in Inventory - img155.imageshack.us/img155/6871/20806785.jpg

No, don't use that.

Use void GiveItemFromFile(string& asName, string& asFileName);

GiveItemFromFile("lantern", "lantern.ent");

[Image: 16455.png]
01-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(01-09-2012, 05:47 PM)MulleDK19 Wrote:
(01-09-2012, 01:02 AM)flamez3 Wrote: GiveItem(string& asName, string& asType, string& asSubTypeName, string& asImageName, float afAmount);

asName - internal name
asType - item to give

No, don't use that.

Use void GiveItemFromFile(string& asName, string& asFileName);

GiveItemFromFile("lantern", "lantern.ent");

They both work the same, but putting it the way flamez3 did it is more precise and adjustable.

01-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Find