Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RemoveItem on Custom Items?
Thiefnuker Offline

Threads: 7
RemoveItem on Custom Items?

Hello Folks,

We are developing a CS atm (what else?) and added a custom item: Coins
We just took the laundanum.ent, copied it, renamed it and changed the icon and SubItemName.
In a script we had the command "GiveItemFromFile("Coin" "Coin.ent");" and it worked perfectly. It added the wanted Item to the inventory.
BUT:
We can NOT remove the item anymore. (We tried "RemoveItem("Coin");")
If this line is triggered, nothing happens (No script errors).
We also tried writing it with a GiveItem command. But instead of adding a Coin that has the SubType "Health", it adds a Coin that has the SubType "Puzzle" so its not stackable :/

How can we remove those "Health" Coins? Isn't there a possibility without creating a TC?
Ty for any help!
Greetz,
Thiefnuker
Measuring
Devin
01-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Find
RedMser Offline

Threads: 12
RE: RemoveItem on Custom Items?

(01-10-2012, 07:02 PM)Thiefnuker Wrote: Hello Folks,

We are developing a CS atm (what else?) and added a custom item: Coins
We just took the laundanum.ent, copied it, renamed it and changed the icon and SubItemName.
In a script we had the command "GiveItemFromFile("Coin" "Coin.ent");" and it worked perfectly. It added the wanted Item to the inventory.
BUT:
We can NOT remove the item anymore. (We tried "RemoveItem("Coin");")
If this line is triggered, nothing happens (No script errors).
We also tried writing it with a GiveItem command. But instead of adding a Coin that has the SubType "Health", it adds a Coin that has the SubType "Puzzle" so its not stackable :/

How can we remove those "Health" Coins? Isn't there a possibility without creating a TC?
Ty for any help!
Greetz,
Thiefnuker
Measuring
Devin
I tried myself, and I don't know... For me it doesn't work either. I think you can't remove stackable items. Did you try using the type "Puzzle" and then remove it. Also a problem could be not even running that script, so try adding a debug message and see if it gets displayed.
03-31-2012, 01:30 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: RemoveItem on Custom Items?

This is a pretty old topic: the answer is stackable items can't be removed.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2012, 01:37 PM by Your Computer.)
03-31-2012, 01:36 PM
Website Find