Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Will the Mobile Intel 4 Drivers ever get fixed?
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35
Will the Mobile Intel 4 Drivers ever get fixed?

I know that the current Mobile Intel 4 graphic drivers have OpenGL 2.1 (or whatever Amnesia requires), but according to many people that are probably 100% right, the drivers on Windows are corrupted and won't work.

Will Intel ever get around to fixing these drivers?

(I debated on posing this in General Discussion and Technical Support because it may be a problem for some people, but not for me as I have 2 PC's, and I was just wondering if I would ever be able to run this game on the 2nd PC).

Please move this thread if necessary.

If the drivers have already been fixed and I'm just very unaware of it, I apologize.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2012, 02:46 AM by RawkBandMan.)
01-12-2012, 02:44 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Will the Mobile Intel 4 Drivers ever get fixed?

The drivers aren't corrupt (corrupted drivers would have trouble running any game). According to this page, they only support OpenGL 2.0, not 2.1. Then there's this page that claims some support of OpenGL 2.1. If they haven't released full support for OpenGL 2.1 by now, then they may never.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
01-12-2012, 03:59 AM
Website Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

(01-12-2012, 03:59 AM)Your Computer Wrote: The drivers aren't corrupt (corrupted drivers would have trouble running any game). According to this page, they only support OpenGL 2.0, not 2.1. Then there's this page that claims some support of OpenGL 2.1. If they haven't released full support for OpenGL 2.1 by now, then they may never.
I saw a post from pluto saying that if it says Mobile Intel 4, the game won't work because the latest drivers, apparently supporting OpenGL 2.1, are corrupt... (I believe only the OpenGL 2.1 part of the drivers are corrupt... I'm honestly not sure.

Quote:If it says Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family or Intel® G41 Express Chipset or Intel® G45/G43 Express Chipset then due to bad Intel drivers your card does not support the game at the moment.

Apparently due to bad (I incidentally said corrupt :p) Windows drivers the game doesn't work, but I think I read that it works on Linux...

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
01-13-2012, 12:11 AM
Find
BlueFury Offline

Threads: 30

Yes, it does work on Linux. With horrible FPS, graphics etc. Installing Linux for amnesia is going a little bit too far, unless you have it already. There's a video of it on YouTube too, PM'd him, its only available in a small screen. Amnesia isn't scary without fullscreen.

Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will break our hearts. – Robert Fulghum
01-13-2012, 12:55 AM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

(01-13-2012, 12:55 AM)BlueFury Wrote: Yes, it does work on Linux. With horrible FPS, graphics etc. Installing Linux for amnesia is going a little bit too far, unless you have it already. There's a video of it on YouTube too, PM'd him, its only available in a small screen. Amnesia isn't scary without fullscreen.
With Horrible FPS, Graphics etc....

Well, the graphics could never get any worse than the are on my current PC -.-

01-14-2012, 12:26 AM
Find