Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black screen issue, game loads fine but no graphics
jovianeye Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Black screen issue, game loads fine but no graphics

Hello, I have been having a similar black screen issue with my Amnesia game as well. I start the game, use the launcher, see the main game menu, hit Continue, and the game loads. However, when I would expect to see some graphics for the environment, there is only a black screen. The hints and chapter titles appear, and when I hit F I hear the lantern sound, but the screen remains black. I have looked at several of the troubleshooting threads to no avail.

I am running a Lenovo W520 laptop with the i7-2720QM, 4GB of RAM, 64-bit Windows 7 Pro.
I also have the NVIDIA Optimus setup (dual graphics cards) with Intel HD 3000 graphics and the NVIDIA Quadro 1000m.

Within the past week I updated the driver for the NVIDIA card, but I had not tried playing Amnesia for a while before doing so. I have run the game a few months ago with plenty of success.

Thanks for your help!

hpl.log is attached.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 6.47 KB / Downloads: 131)
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2012, 10:47 PM by jovianeye.)
01-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Black screen issue, game loads fine but no graphics

add Amnesia to the Nvidia Control Panel and select the Nvidia card to run the game. Otherwise, update your Intel HD one.
01-13-2012, 12:29 AM
Find
jovianeye Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Black screen issue, game loads fine but no graphics

(01-13-2012, 12:29 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: add Amnesia to the Nvidia Control Panel and select the Nvidia card to run the game. Otherwise, update your Intel HD one.
Even when I do this, the game launcher only detects Intel HD Graphics 3000 and the error persists. I am running the latest version of the Intel and NVIDIA drivers from my computer manufacturer.
01-19-2012, 08:49 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

If you have the latest Intel HD drivers you should be able to run the game even with Intel HD. Can you right click the launcher and launch it using the Nvidia card? I have optimus too and there is a right click option for that.
01-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Find
jovianeye Offline

I have tried running with the integrated graphics and with the Nvidia graphics, but neither has worked. The introductory sequence "I am Daniel" etc. text plays, the sound plays, but no video appears. Finally there is a white dot fading in and out.

I tried reinstalling the Optimus drivers as well as the Nvidia Quadro drivers, but still the issue persists.

01-19-2012, 10:45 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...l#pid89162
01-19-2012, 10:58 PM
Find
jovianeye Offline

Ah, that fixes things. Thanks, I skipped this step because I figured it only applied to those with AMD graphics but it worked just fine for me as well!
01-20-2012, 01:54 AM
Find