Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.82 Average
Work in progress [REL] The Attic: Chapter 3 - RELEASED
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: The Attic: Chapter 3

(04-02-2012, 05:09 AM)JetlinerX Wrote: No, we lash out at people like you who are disrespectful in their criticism, saying:
(04-01-2012, 03:11 PM)Statyk Wrote: I don't understand the hype it gets
You dont see me disrespecting your story, dont disrespect ours. You obviously know what goes into a good story, so bashing it, deserves the reaction we supply. If you need some examples of us taking feedback, I can provide a whole forum page of them, you are obviously looking in the wrong areas, and reading the wrong comments, which you are no better than, when saying you dont know why our story gets the hype is does. You, in the past, have attacked me, saying the same things as you are now. So I will just ask you now, stay away from our story.

Dont like it? Pay no attention to it.

UPDATE:

NO MATTER WHAT, PLAYERS WILL NEED THE JUSTINE EXPANSION FOR THIS STORY, NO EXCEPTIONS!
And right here proves my point and only at the fact that I was NOT being negative towards you and you lash at me, do I sit here shaking my head. I tried to help, I was positive and honest, and you throw arrogance back at me instead of reading my comment like I had said. You basically just showed me exactly what I was asking you NOT to do. This is my last post, I'm not getting into another meaningless argument with the cocky people I find on this forum.

Please take criticism or nothing will change.
04-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49

(04-02-2012, 08:06 PM)Statyk Wrote: And right here proves my point and only at the fact that I was NOT being negative towards you and you lash at me, do I sit here shaking my head. I tried to help, I was positive and honest, and you throw arrogance back at me instead of reading my comment like I had said. You basically just showed me exactly what I was asking you NOT to do. This is my last post, I'm not getting into another meaningless argument with the cocky people I find on this forum.

Please take criticism or nothing will change.
No, I am defending myself now, because you have done this crap to me from the time Chapter 1 came out, and I am sick of you being a dick to me all the time!

You went out of your way in someone else's Livestream to criticize, mock, and ridicule our whole story. I am fine when people offer criticism, but not when they invade other people's livestreams to attack the creators the whole time.

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

04-02-2012, 09:41 PM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

I can honestly say I do not remember ever doing that. If I did, I apologize. Are you 100% sure it was me or have proof of these accusations? I do not do that nonsense... Especially for this story (WHICH I have stated HERE:
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...#pid127873

"I myself, like playing this, sure...")

I do not even do that to campaigns of extremely poor quality. As well, I try my best not to be a dick, which is the reason I am behaving in this manner. At no point have I come to you negatively so I'd appreciate the same. I hope you can learn this was NEVER an attack against you, I never thought an argument would come out of this, so now I aim to end it by coming to an agreement and be the mediator as well as the solution. If you continue to draw this out, so be it. I will leave this thread and anything else you post, alone. Having spent this much effort already means a LITTLE something.

04-02-2012, 11:01 PM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

Due to the fact that it was over the internet, there is no way I am 100% sure it was you. However, myself, and the co-developer of this story were in the same livestream, when someone with the username "Statyk" joined. If this was you, or not, I can never be 100% sure. However, I would assume you would use the same display name, as you yourself do livestreams. HOWEVER, if this was NOT you, than I do sincerely apologize, I have always always had bad blood about that event, and if finding out it was truly not you, than I am sorry, honestly.

In any case, we really have tried to take criticisms. Sometimes we defend ourselves because a bug report may be a simple player mistake, or possibly something that is wrong with their actual game. When we do hear of a bug that we missed, we really have apologized, and patched it within the first few days. If it feels like we are defending ourselves too much, we are sorry. However, please keep in mind (everyone) that Chapter 3 is only our third attempt at a custom story... EVER, so we do get a little defensive, we are still quite new to this stuff.

In any case, I sincerely apologize to all who have felt we are being rude about your reports, or defensive. Its not our intention, and we are willing to offer personal apologies if you feel you need one.

As for Statyk, I would consider myself at fault for this debate, and hope it is able to be put past this conversation. I am sorry if there is a case of mistaken identity for the things said in the past, and I am sorry that I let it sit with me for so long. Thank you for your advice about taking players word, and I will work on it. I am sorry again.

~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

04-02-2012, 11:19 PM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

(04-02-2012, 11:19 PM)JetlinerX Wrote: Due to the fact that it was over the internet, there is no way I am 100% sure it was you. However, myself, and the co-developer of this story were in the same livestream, when someone with the username "Statyk" joined. If this was you, or not, I can never be 100% sure. However, I would assume you would use the same display name, as you yourself do livestreams. HOWEVER, if this was NOT you, than I do sincerely apologize, I have always always had bad blood about that event, and if finding out it was truly not you, than I am sorry, honestly.

In any case, we really have tried to take criticisms. Sometimes we defend ourselves because a bug report may be a simple player mistake, or possibly something that is wrong with their actual game. When we do hear of a bug that we missed, we really have apologized, and patched it within the first few days. If it feels like we are defending ourselves too much, we are sorry. However, please keep in mind (everyone) that Chapter 3 is only our third attempt at a custom story... EVER, so we do get a little defensive, we are still quite new to this stuff.

In any case, I sincerely apologize to all who have felt we are being rude about your reports, or defensive. Its not our intention, and we are willing to offer personal apologies if you feel you need one.

As for Statyk, I would consider myself at fault for this debate, and hope it is able to be put past this conversation. I am sorry if there is a case of mistaken identity for the things said in the past, and I am sorry that I let it sit with me for so long. Thank you for your advice about taking players word, and I will work on it. I am sorry again.
I appreciate the time taken to do this. I never meant to get anyone heated or offend. And I still can not recall saying those things in a livestream, even if it was me. And I apologize for that and thank you for reaching an agreement.

I have taken off the rep I had given you.

[Image: 1312598096983.png]
04-02-2012, 11:24 PM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

(04-02-2012, 11:24 PM)Statyk Wrote: I have taken off the rep I had given you.

Ditto, thank you for being a mature, and respectful human being. Smile

~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

04-02-2012, 11:28 PM
Website Find
JetlinerX Offline

UPDATE:
Teaser Trailer One:

Enjoy!

~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2012, 01:36 PM by JetlinerX.)
04-03-2012, 01:36 PM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: The Attic: Chapter 3 [TEASER ADDED]

That forest map actually looks really nice from what I see Smile

Posting Freak
04-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Website Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44

Atmosphere seems good.But seriously that scream that the man does at 0:44 makes me always laugh.Sounds like someones shoving a shovel up his ass or something.

Voice actor

Painful shadows

04-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Website Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Looks plenty alright! One complaint though, there doesn't seem to be enough ''attic''!
04-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Find