Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Model Editor Help Ragdolls & Joints Help
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
Ragdolls & Joints Help

Having trouble trying to figure out how to do rag doll effects / swinging lanterns. Does some of that have to be done in Blender first then imported into the Model Editor? Been looking at a couple of tutorials... specifically this one http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tut...tutorial_2 but I'm just getting confused...

So I went looking at Vanilla models, and I see the Joints, but I don't understand how to make the bone structure in the Model Editor. Like the worn Hay Mattress and Grunt's disembodied parts.

So I tried going to something simpler like a hanging lantern, but I'm stuck at the part to how do you get multiple models in the editor? I can grab like 4 different parts off the Entities > Lamp > Hanging_Lantern > Hanging_Lantern_Ceiling.ent
So I'm assuming they somehow imported 4 seperate bodies and just fit them together?
01-18-2012, 05:06 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Ragdolls & Joints Help

One way of doing it is to make a model made up of several meshes. Then when imported, you make a body for each mesh and make a chain of parent-child relationships with joints to the bodies. I haven't examined the grunt ragdoll, but i'm assuming that was done by parenting joints to bones.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
01-18-2012, 03:12 PM
Website Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

(01-18-2012, 03:12 PM)Your Computer Wrote: One way of doing it is to make a model made up of several meshes. Then when imported, you make a body for each mesh and make a chain of parent-child relationships with joints to the bodies. I haven't examined the grunt ragdoll, but i'm assuming that was done by parenting joints to bones.
Well how do you get multiple meshes in the Model Editor? It wipes out the previous one every time I do the "import" option.

01-18-2012, 03:28 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(01-18-2012, 03:28 PM)Rapture Wrote: Well how do you get multiple meshes in the Model Editor? It wipes out the previous one every time I do the "import" option.

By "model" in the first sentence of my previous post, i intended that to mean a group of meshes created in a 3D modeling program, like Blender, Maya, etc.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2012, 03:46 PM by Your Computer.)
01-18-2012, 03:45 PM
Website Find