Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My current Amnesia Story project... The Dark Realm: Entering the Nightmare
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
My current Amnesia Story project... The Dark Realm: Entering the Nightmare

I've been busy, both in life and testing what monster(s) ideas/story concept is doable or not... and what would be a great story as my first story (First impressions are important).

My "Amnesia: The Mine" is currently on hold for the time being. The ideas I have are not quite attainable at the moment. The Penumbra Grey Rock Worm, for example, hasn't been successfully put into Amnesia. I and others have tried, and the best one out their is in the White Night mod... though how it is designed is not quite like how it behaves in Penumbra. Another concept was a new monster... a modification ( in looks) of two separate monsters (I'm not that good in 3d modeling/ editing). This was my first story idea, granted a little big for a newbie like me Rolleyes . I believe one day I will make a mine story with the Rock Worms was one of the big scares. I personally think I can make it scarier in the right Amnesia setting than what Penumbra had. So 'Amnesia: The Mine" will be created one day, the story will be completely different from this (http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-11733.html). So until I or someone can have a working Rock Worm monster, a mine in the Amnesia world won't be in the foreseeable future.

That aside, I focused on what is doable and what would be a great story. Thanks to tips and ideas from JetlinerX, I have a great story idea that I hope you all will love.

I, will reading tips from JetlinerX, got inspiration from another game based on the Lovecraft world. I won't say which game it was, but will give this clue: it was a first person shooter game back in 1996 I think. The levels in my story (in shape) will resemble some of their levels but not exactly (texturing will be as Amnesia's. Some will be used in place of the inspired game levels, others will be re-imagined). Besides Amnesia monsters, any Penumbra monster I use I will give full credit to the user(s) that converted it to Amnesia.

Without further adieu, here is my Amnesia title plus beginning game info (Note: this is only chapter 1, I have a few other chapters planned after it):

The Dark Realm: Entering the Nightmare
You are a researcher named Robert and you are working in your laboratory one night studying a very strange find from an archaeological site. It looked like a broken piece of gem, but it is artificial in design with strange runes on it. The artifact was found in a dead city, which looked to be of a race not previously known and now extinct. Besides the strange 'gem' piece, a pedestal and parchment was found along side it in a secret and sealed chamber. It's only because this underground building was partially unstable over the centuries did it erode and reveal the secret room. The discovery was kept secret until you can fully understand and explain what you have found.

According to the pictures on the first few pages of it, the 'gem' would be placed on the pedestal while its top was lit with fire and lightning struck the 'gem to create a portal or gateway. The rest of the parchment has worn away from time, and the writing is still a mystery to you. You took measures to try to perform what the pictures show, the possibility of a gateway to somewhere was too much to pass up. It worked, however two problems unexpectedly came before you. If it would open a portal, you expected it to be barely open as you only have a partial 'gem', but instead it was formed a complete portal yet extremely violent! The second was it sucking you, and the one 'gem' piece, through it.

You landed on solid ground, but where that was you did not know. All you did know was that, unless you can find a way to repeat the process, you were trapped in this new realm. Then, quite suddenly, a female voice spoke into your mind saying, "Hello stranger, it's been a long time since a human has come into my realm."

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2012, 01:59 AM by The Rock Worm.)
01-19-2012, 01:58 AM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49
RE: My current Amnesia Story project... The Dark Realm: Entering the Nightmare

*clap* Smile

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

01-20-2012, 06:39 AM
Website Find
The Rock Worm Offline