Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work in progress Ghost Hunt 19
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
Ghost Hunt 19

Ghost Hunt 19

Introduction

StartDeepVoice();

It has been around for centuries, isolated from civilization. Deep into the darkness of the unknown lies a soul ravaged by hunger. Rare is the knowledge of its existence, though many taken alive. Will you be its next victim?

James Nilson is a man who is fascinated with the paranormal--perhaps a bit too much. Searching the globe for ghastly ghouls, it has been one disappointment after another. 18 destinations, 18 boring nights--not one proving worthy. He was beginning to lose faith until he received a mysterious letter in the mail. There was something about this letter that renewed his hope in the paranormal.

At first James was on his own in his ghost hunt. Over the years he came across those seeking the same kind of things he did and formed a small crew. Having grown tired of one disappointment after another, James had them investigate a location a day before to see if it was worth his time, and so was the case with this one. Next day there was no sign of his crew; all forms of contact lost. What has happened to them?

Join James in his investigation as he unveils the mystery of the disappearance of his crew. Watch as he learns things about himself he could never believe to be true. This is an experience you wouldn't want to miss--or would you?

ExitWithEvilLaughter();

Extra Details

This story will be a (fully isolated) full conversion. The story structure is linear but mostly player-directed, meaning the events happening in each playthrough may not be in the same order as the last. This will be the first story of mine that will be horror based. Its main goal is to not only cause multiple changes of underwear, but also cause fear-quitting that lasts for days. >Smile I have plenty of scare tactics for this story, none of them intended to be cheap scares (though expect a few jump scares).

Unless i experience some performance issues, this story will consist of only one map. If any keys are to be picked up, they will only take up one inventory slot (key image will change to reflect the amount of keys picked up). Also, you would not have to enter the inventory to open a locked door.

Theme Song

Development Screenshots

.jpg   Amnesia 2012-01-18 21-26-26-59.jpg (Size: 81.65 KB / Downloads: 290)
.jpg   mansion_blender.jpg (Size: 91.09 KB / Downloads: 312)

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2012, 10:02 PM by Your Computer.)
01-30-2012, 02:47 AM
Website Find
Kurton Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Ghost Hunt 19

Cool building layout, looking forward to some fresh environments :)

01-30-2012, 02:54 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

AH FINALLY. Something which interests me & might be fun to play. Best of luck to you!

Will it be something released relatively soon?

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2012, 05:20 PM by Acies.)
01-30-2012, 05:19 PM
Find
Unearthlybrutal Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 12

I can't think any other word than wow!
I wish the best luck to youSmile

When Life No Longer Exists
Full-conversion mod
01-30-2012, 07:31 PM
Website Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

(01-30-2012, 05:19 PM)Acies Wrote: Will it be something released relatively soon?

No, story and events are too complicated. Most of the story will be based around the mansion model that you see in the development screenshots. I also need to learn how to animate in Maya for one specific jump scare.

01-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Website Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

This sounds awesome!!!

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
01-30-2012, 07:58 PM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44

Voice actors needed?

Voice actor

Painful shadows

01-30-2012, 08:13 PM
Website Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

(01-30-2012, 08:13 PM)kartanonperuna Wrote: Voice actors needed?

Probably; i'm still deciding whether or not the crew members should have a presence greater than story notes.

01-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Website Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

Sweeeeeeeet. Very Ghost Hunters-esque. If you don't know what that is, it's a cheesy and totally fake show that runs on a Sci-fi television station (not surprisingly, the station is called Syfy).

I think you should try your very hardest to make the one-map-only idea work.That idea was attractive to me too because not only was the player much more vulnerable than a map with level doors, but you had a lot of opportunity to really take control of the ambience in ways that would only would be effective in a map without any level doors. In classic maps, creaks and moans and other spooky sounds are usually there to set the mood. But in a contained map, they're a warning sign.

Worst case scenario is that you have to split it up by floors. But still give it your best shot, because that would be groundbreaking.

EDIT: By the way.....no front door on the house model? O_O ...or is it hidden?

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2012, 11:55 PM by palistov.)
01-30-2012, 11:53 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Your Computer making a campaign!? =D I'm excited! Don't cancel this! It looks awesome!

It's so nice to see Moderators making some stuff!
01-31-2012, 01:06 AM
Find