Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What is the padlock used for?
Ran Offline

Threads: 1
What is the padlock used for?

Early in the game, you find a padlock. But where do you use it? I've completed the game now, with my padlock still in my inventory... I don't remember that i ever used it.

Hm, maybe you can trap dogs in the steam chambers? That would actually be cool, since you wouldn't have to kill them.
08-13-2007, 10:43 PM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30
RE: What is the padlock used for?

you can trap them in the steam chambers, but you don't need no padlock. If you really want to know how to get them in the steam chambers -

Spoiler below!
Lure them in with beef jerky. Once they get inside and start eating it, close the door and start steaming them. I'd go with closing the door, even though it seems like they can't get out, being steamed so often that they can't move well. but one time, I came across a dog who did manage to leave the steam chamber.
08-14-2007, 12:01 AM
Find
Ran Offline

Threads: 1

Uhm, i know, but you don't trap them... You kill them. ^^
By the way, two times when i tried to steam a dog the dog ran out.

I find it weird why there's a lockpad if you're not supposed to use it. It's not even mentioned in the gamefaqs faq i read (after completing the game).
08-14-2007, 01:27 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

How was I suppose to know that you know you can kill them in the steam chambers? You said nothing about it, just about trapping it.
Um, I know they can leave, so close the door maybe?
sorry, but I thought I'd get you on that one Smile
08-14-2007, 02:09 AM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

At first I thought you could re-lock the starting locker, or use it in some door in the game (I havn't tried that, but since noone else sais anything I'm guessing it's the impossible).
I think it will be used for something in Episode 2 or 3. The last big monster boss approaches, one hit and you're dead and you can't find any way to kill it. The only thing in your inventory is the lockpad (The only thing the cyber-weapon-stripper-from-half-life didn't take from you). You throw it at the monster, it erupts in flames, the ground trembles and opens up and the monster falls down to its infernal death.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
08-15-2007, 07:47 PM
Find
Shift Offline

Threads: 0

Hmm... I noticed this too and I quite agree with Kedjane: It must be for the later episodes. The only other explination is that its some sick joke to get us obsessed with guessing what its for...

An intresting (off-topic) point though, is that at one point in the game, when I put the dog in the cage, closed the door and turned on the steam the dog was still able to tackle the door down and attack me. Strange. Any one else experience this?
08-16-2007, 05:46 PM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

99% of the time, the dog never had the chance to escape, except once. I had the door closed most of the time, and open maybe a few, and it got out once with the door open at all times. didn't attack, just wandered back to his post.
08-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Find
Shift Offline

Threads: 0

the dog didn't escape as in slip out of the door, but actually broke the door down, making the steam cage unusable and the dog very angry. I was playing on hard so that may have affected it.
08-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

The very first dog: I hear it coming, block the door. The dog does the Godzilla-Mothra-dog-trick and breaks the door in peices. The dogs in this game are literally NUTS Big Grin

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
08-17-2007, 11:29 PM
Find
jo291 Offline

Threads: 43

Ran Wrote:Early in the game, you find a padlock. But where do you use it? I've completed the game now, with my padlock still in my inventory... I don't remember that i ever used it.

Hm, maybe you can trap dogs in the steam chambers? That would actually be cool, since you wouldn't have to kill them.
the lock will probebly be used for episode2 or episode3.
09-03-2007, 11:55 PM
Find