Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
extra_enlish.lang help
Zaapeer Offline

Threads: 9
extra_enlish.lang help

I have been working on a custom story for a while now, and eberything has been going fine, and the .lang file has been working perfectly. Then one day all of a sudden it doesn't work anymore. The only thing that's working is the description, and I have no idea why...
Here's my extra_english.lang:

"<LANGUAGE>
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">You're Simon, a man living in England. The year is 1846.
A few weeks ago you met three women, wich all seemed very beautiful and charming. One of them though,
somehow seemed a little bit strange. As you found out later her name was Constantine.

Suddenly you wake up in an unknown place, and you can't remember a thing. Not how yougot there,
and nor what happened that night on the resturant with Caroline, the most beautiful of the three women.
</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_NoteFirst_Name">Dear Simon</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_NoteFirst_Text">My dear Simon, oh my dear Simon. My precious, my beautiful, my beloved Simon.
Tell me, where did I go so wrong? What could i possibly have done to trigger this deviation.
Oh dear Simon, haven't I shown patience? It's not fair how a good woman is condemned to a suffer much worse
than any torture in the world. I may not be as talented as Elizabet, or as beautiful as
Caroline, and I may not be able to offer you everything they can. But I have so much else to give,
so much else to give, so much that they would ever even be close to giving you. Are you really so blind
that you can't see through their diguises, see what they really are? Can't you taste the bitterness in those
rotten women? But now my dear, it is too late. I understand you don't want anything to do with me, so I shall
let you spend the rest of your days with your beloved neat women, and I shall also make sure they become as blind
as you have, and they shall never be able to taste your bitterness again. I loved you Simon, but it is too late now.
-Constantine</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_NeedleUnlock_1">A hollow needle used for pencils.</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_NeedleUnlock_1">Hollow Needle</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>"

Without the ""'s ofcourse Tongue

Please help, it's really annoying..
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2012, 07:22 PM by Zaapeer.)
01-21-2012, 07:03 PM
Find
trollox Offline

Threads: 16
RE: extra_enlish.lang help

I'm not at my computer right now but this is what i think is messing it up. Might be wrong i'm not a pro scripter but well try it :

<LANGUAGE>
<Entry Name="Description">You're Simon, a man living in England. The year is 1846.
A few weeks ago you met three women, wich all seemed very beautiful and charming. One of them though,
somehow seemed a little bit strange. As you found out later her name was Constantine.[br]Suddenly you wake up in an unknown place, and you can't remember a thing. Not how yougot there,
and nor what happened that night on the resturant with Caroline, the most beautiful of the three women.
</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<Entry Name="Note_NoteFirst_Text">My dear Simon, oh my dear Simon. My precious, my beautiful, my beloved Simon.
Tell me, where did I go so wrong? What could i possibly have done to trigger this deviation.
Oh dear Simon, haven't I shown patience? It's not fair how a good woman is condemned to a suffer much worse
than any torture in the world. I may not be as talented as Elizabet, or as beautiful as
Caroline, and I may not be able to offer you everything they can. But I have so much else to give,
so much else to give, so much that they would ever even be close to giving you. Are you really so blind
that you can't see through their diguises, see what they really are? Can't you taste the bitterness in those
rotten women? But now my dear, it is too late. I understand you don't want anything to do with me, so I shall
let you spend the rest of your days with your beloved neat women, and I shall also make sure they become as blind
as you have, and they shall never be able to taste your bitterness again. I loved you Simon, but it is too late now.
-Constantine</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>
01-21-2012, 09:19 PM
Find
Zaapeer Offline

Thanks, but it didn't work... Sad
01-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Find
trollox Offline

Threads: 16

Well i'm at my main computer now and i tried finding the problem and if this dosen't work i really don't know why it don't work because it should :

<LANGUAGE>
<Entry Name="Description">You're Simon, a man living in England. The year is 1846.A few weeks ago you met three women, wich all seemed very beautiful and charming. One of them though,somehow seemed a little bit strange. As you found out later her name was Constantine.Suddenly you wake up in an unknown place, and you can't remember a thing. Not how yougot there,and nor what happened that night on the resturant with Caroline, the most beautiful of the three women.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<Entry Name="Note_NoteFirst_Text">My dear Simon, oh my dear Simon. My precious, my beautiful, my beloved Simon.Tell me, where did I go so wrong? What could i possibly have done to trigger this deviation.Oh dear Simon, haven't I shown patience? It's not fair how a good woman is condemned to a suffer much worsethan any torture in the world. I may not be as talented as Elizabet, or as beautiful asCaroline, and I may not be able to offer you everything they can. But I have so much else to give,so much else to give, so much that they would ever even be close to giving you. Are you really so blindthat you can't see through their diguises, see what they really are? Can't you taste the bitterness in thoserotten women? But now my dear, it is too late. I understand you don't want anything to do with me, so I shalllet you spend the rest of your days with your beloved neat women, and I shall also make sure they become as blindas you have. I loved you Simon, but it is too late now.-Constantine</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>
01-21-2012, 10:49 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

sounds like something in the level editor. Did you change the names of the notes and items?
01-22-2012, 08:34 AM
Find
Zaapeer Offline

Okey so I checked the level editor, and the names were right, and i also tried your suggestion trollox, but none worked Sad thanks though..
Could there maybe be a problem that I have more than one custom stories, and every custom story has a .lang file named the same (extra_english.lang)?
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2012, 04:58 PM by Zaapeer.)
01-22-2012, 04:57 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

Maybe it's one of those rare cases where the dev environment is preventing things from showing up.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
01-22-2012, 07:27 PM
Website Find
ZyLogicX Offline

Threads: 24

Probably a .map_cache problem.... you should delete that in your custom stories' "Maps" folder

Beyond the Mountains of Madness [15%]
This forum is dying.
01-22-2012, 07:29 PM
Find
Zaapeer Offline

(01-22-2012, 07:29 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote: Probably a .map_cache problem.... you should delete that in your custom stories' "Maps" folder
I can't find any.map_chache in my "Maps" folder... :/
01-27-2012, 08:37 PM
Find