Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.17 Average
Oblivion: Drops Of Wine
zeexto Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Oblivion: Drops Of Wine

Looking forward for the playthrough Smile
sorry for the delay I am extremely busy these days...
(03-16-2012, 05:55 AM)iCame4TheGame Wrote: Wow.. Just wow. Awesome job. I'm doing a let's play (I guess you could call it that) of it right now.. I'm not sure how close I am to the end, but basically I played for 37 minutes and had to quit because I was too scared, lol. I am a major wuss Tongue It's just the whole atmosphere of the place is totally freaky.. at least to me. I'm just anticipating something scary to happen around every corner and I can't handle it. Because nothing really scary does happen.. And I keep waiting and waiting. I got to the part where it's like "That wasn't so bad, was it?" and I was like.. "Okay I'm done. I'm not taking one more step, just because it said that." I'll finish it another day when my testicles grow back..

[Image: 18548.png]

03-17-2012, 03:27 PM
Website Find
Zenix Offline

Threads: 0

Can't wait to try this one out =D

0___o Youtube Channel Where did my pants go...
03-29-2012, 06:25 PM
Find
Kitsuna020 Offline

Lets start with the Pros.

Heart Pros Heart
-Good maps

-Fast running was really cool

-Jump scares put in the right places

-Interesting story line, loved how you have like 6 lives lol.
-So many Laudanums, Sanity Potions, and Oil potions, I had fun collecting them.

Sad Cons Angry
-Lantern took a few tries to get, and many people had trouble finding it.

-The key in the severed monster in the room full of blood and skulls never really opened anything as far as I know.

-When I opened the door (the one the mattress was blocking) the door got stuck like...inside the mattress and I spent 5 minutes getting it out. In the end I had to use the barrel to push it away.

-If you run in the underground tunnel you either get stuck in the floor and have to spend 2 minutes trying to get out (or restart), or you fall through the floor and to your death.

-If you run to fast when following the liquid trail in Chapter 2, you can phase through the steel/walls and/or get stuck in them, that happened to me like 3 times.

-Those 2 long platforms you have to run really quickly and jump to get to them, well, I fell off like 500 times. I think you need to place them a bit closer, yes?

Overall Rating: 7/10
I give it a 7 out of 10 because there were many frustrating glitches and I got mad and almost quit.

Edit: Okay, I'm done playing this for one day, it's really pissing me off. I can't get past that first jump = n =
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2012, 08:15 PM by Kitsuna020.)
04-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Find
blakeman909 Offline

Threads: 7

THIS WHOLE POST IS A SPOILER DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT TO SOLVE YOURSELF

First pick up the 3 notes all of them are very close to the start area. Go up to the locked door directed in front of where you start. Look up you'll see a
lantern on top of a light source above the door. Turn around and go straight. You'll go into a room after crossing a bridge surrounded by water. Loot the room. Now go back to the locked door and move the carpet right in front of it TADA!!!. Now go to your left and take a right. DONT LISTEN TO THE VOICES THERE IS NO WHEELCHAIR THE AUTHOR IS SCREWING WITH YA :3. Open the door to the right of the door with the brick wall blocking it. Once in the room search for a piano. Open the one thingy (Huh) and there is a key. Don't be lazy you can find the door it goes to yourself. Note it is downstairs. Go into that room. Find the desk and open up the big drawer. Take out the books and painting in it. YOU FOUND A LEVER! Now drag it down not up. The bookcase next to you shall now move! Go into the room with skulls and blood on the floor. Open up that one torture thing with the face on top. Remove the torso of the dead monster. KEY BABE! Go back to the room outside that you had to cross the bridge to get to. Use the key to open the door. Move the rocks. Get the key and go to the place that it says. (Upstairs and to the right.) Open that door. Alright you cheater thats all the hints for you! I don't want to give out everything! Enjoy the amazing custom story he made. I must give him props for the awesome music and puzzles. This quite possibly is the best custom story i've played. Have fun! Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2012, 09:51 PM by blakeman909.)
12-30-2012, 09:47 PM
Website Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

Ok. I'll do it quick.

I like the idea with Timetravelling and a future you.

Things you need to improve:
You need to practice much more on mapping.
You have a lot of places where you can see through the walls, misplaced walls and just walls that look weird.
I wasn't able to finish the map since i got stuck. I found, that i had to find a "prison-door", but i couldn't find it. Instead i went to the place with the bed that blocks the door. The wall that is broken in that room is walkthrough-able! I could literally walk behind the walls, which was a little weird.
Some rooms and corridors weren't decorated at all... It takes time, but YES it works!

Things i like:
I like that you say that there will be much key-to-door, because there was, and that made me a little less disappointed Wink

So:

-Learn a little bit more mapping.
-Work even more on your story ideas.
-Improve your scripting too.

I know you got the story rated 9, but you still have a lot to improve! It's fine what you made... but keep learning. You're not done.

Trying is the first step to success.
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2012, 11:28 PM by FlawlessHappiness.)
12-31-2012, 11:27 PM
Find
343 Offline

I loved the story in this CS. I mean, really did it.

Alert about spoilers

Some things you might improve to make ur custom story better:

-Decorate the corridors and some of the rooms. It feels so empty with just 1-2 doors.
-It was a little bit meh, with all the keys, sanity potion, laudanum, oil.
-It was too much oil in the beginning before you got to the room with full of keys etc. Before I got to the room I had 4(!) oil and 3(!!) with oil. Should be more greedy with the oil to make the atmosphere scarier, but I get it you didn't want to make this custom story scary.
- Some glitches that made me confused.

Things I liked with your story

-Your story-writing. A good story makes a player want to continue the custom story.
-That you had to look around carefully to progress and to get the lantern. Took a while to understand the note where it was hided Tongue
-Great mapping, but you can still improve it.

I give it 7/10
01-03-2013, 01:18 AM
Find
zeexto Offline

Threads: 3

I know some of you might've moved on, but I have to reply to everyone.

@Kitsuna020
Thank you, and yes I had to provide a lot of collectible stuff to make the mod rewarding for the exploration effort.
The lantern was tricky, But you should consider yourself lucky for finding it, some never even found it.
The key in the “blood room” opens the prison which is outside the mansion… I’m guessing you skipped it by force opening the door to the right... right?!
The mattress was a bit glitchy but it was a very good puzzle to abandon.
Wasn't there a monster in the “underground tunnel” ?
Yep I saw that on youtube someone got through the steel/walls… but this means you waited around instead of running as soon as entering the room, so the timer ended before you leave the maze and initiated speedy mode.
Did you know that the jumps was much harder but at the last moment I decided to make all of it closer to each other, just before uploading :D
I’m sorry for the delay, and thank you very much for playing :)

@blakeman909
Nice guide… Glad you liked it, and thanks for playing :D

@BeeKayK
Thanks, but you missed the prison which is outside the mansion, and that means you entered the room with the “mattress room” from the wrong way.
I’m glad you liked it but I’m not sure if I’m going to finish it.
But thanks for your advices anyway, and thanks for playing :)

@343
Thanks a lot, and I think that you as well didn't use the prison key, this is the reason of getting a lot of bad reviews, but it’s kind of my fault… I should've just locked the mattress room.
And thanks for playing :)

It has been over a year… and It was so much fun… creating this map exactly the way I like, watching my friends reactions, uploading and getting reviews, and discussing about the mod.

Everyone at Frictional Games Forums was so nice and helpful.
And the best part is that I almost kept my record of 9.1 rating at moddb until two people gave me two “similar” reviews of a 2/10 at the same day and then another person gave me a 1/10 rating.
“improve your mapping” was the review for a 1 year old mod. I was furious.

Also some people complained about the mod being buggy, but the reason is forcing the door to the right open, I don’t know how some people can do it… it was impossible on my pc!

Opening this door makes you skip 2 or 3 puzzles (including prison and storage rooms) and the wall looks weird from the inside, because you weren’t supposed to look at it from behind.

Anyway, at the beginning of making this mod I didn’t know anything about scripting everything was new to me. But I liked the freedom of making whatever I want and when I saw something interesting is starting to take shape I decided to share it.

But I didn’t just wrap everything up… I started to make a story and then started to adjust it according to the map editors limits, and started making the notes (and to write one of the notes I had to read a couple of articles about time travel) and then started making the chasing part which was a nightmare! (to make one of the jumps I used Pythagoras law) and if you make a perfect run all the jumps will be synchronized with the music. And then the holiday was over and I was back to study plus work (occasionally).

And one day I said to myself I could split the story into four pieces and then I can upload the part I completed, instead of keeping everything on-hold.

And that was the birth of my first and last mod ever made by me.
And after that I kept polishing the second part until it was ready for application, but whenever I think about the time and effort that lead to creating the first part… I just lose the mood for it.

And now it feels impossible to make…
But since the start I knew it was going to be one story, it’s just a shame that I didn’t even complete it.

So, that was just a story that I felt like I need to tell. I was planning on posting it in the 1st of February, but I was so busy.

Thanks for everyone who played this mod. And forgive me for not completing it, but who knows… maybe I will someday.

[Image: 18548.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2013, 07:06 PM by zeexto.)
03-08-2013, 07:04 PM
Website Find
ExpectedIdentifier Offline

Threads: 10

Guna give this a go now, I will give it a short review upon completion Big Grin
03-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Find
ThoseRandomGuyz Offline

Threads: 2

I played it. I have to say, it was a lot of fun! Even though I was stuck in the room with the broken ladder for the longest time before I found out what to do. And let me just say this...

Spoiler below!
The sped up running was one of the most fun and best things ever!

Overall, 8/10. Well done, sir, well done!Big Grin

I will review all of your custom stories (when I find time!)!
03-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Find
ExpectedIdentifier Offline

Threads: 10

Played up to the "storage" area where you go down the ladder and got bored. (sorry Tongue)

Criticism:
-You NEED a box light. Most of the time I spent waiting for the darkness light to start so I could see where I was going. Dark is scary, too dark is annoying.
-Many areas missing static objects, for example the outside stairs, you could see up straight through the part at the top of the staircase.
-Nothing to stop players falling off the map in various places - I fell off the map around 3 times at the beginning when I was looking for the key (wasn't expecting it to be under the rug). All edges of the map you can fall off, as well as at the edges of the water. (Also there was no way to get out of the water if you fell into it).
-You need to make it so that there is no collision on the grass outside.
-Collecting keys to open doors so that you can pick up another key to open another door is boring.
-Needs background music/particle effects
-Many of the corridors feel "empty".

However some of the rooms had alot of stuff in them, which makes them feel more "real" and gives better immersion, so that's good, do more of that Big Grin

Sorry this sounds so negative, but constructive criticism is what willl make you better at this Smile
03-10-2013, 12:04 AM
Find