Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP PLEASE: Rendering Software Incompatible?
LucasI3434 Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago HELP PLEASE: Rendering Software Incompatible?

After searching through my computer, I discovered that my Graphics Renderer and Graphics card were both Intel, however they were not Intel HD which is needed to run Amnesia.

After searching through Intel's download site, I found only two compatible matches for my operating system (Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit). They are the same software, but the only difference is that one is a .exe file, and the other is a .zip file.

I tried downloading the .zip file (as per the Have Disk method), but when I began installation, an error message appeared telling me that my laptop did not meet the system requirements for the software. I then tried the .exe file, and the same message appeared.

I was wondering if there was any other Intel HD graphics software anywhere else that is compatible with an Intel Pentium Dual-Core 2.30GHz 2.30GHz processor. I just find it odd that my computer meets all of the requirements for Amnesia itself, but not for the Graphics renderer.

Assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'd just hate it if it's completely impossible for me to play this awesome game on my current laptop...
01-24-2012, 03:18 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: HELP PLEASE: Rendering Software Incompatible?

What graphics chip do you have? Please post the hpl.log file from My Documents/Amnesia/Main so we can see.
01-24-2012, 08:37 AM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

You can post your hpl.log but if it is noy Intel HD, it won't work...
01-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Find
LucasI3434 Offline

Threads: 2

Not sure if my hpl.log would be useful here or not. It's only has about 5 lines of text. This may be due to the fact that I've been having problems with my serial key as well, so the game has never been launched. I transferred the game from a different laptop via flash drive, but when I enter the serial key to activate the game, it's never accepted and deemed "invalid".

Problems problems everywhere...

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 182 bytes / Downloads: 86)
01-25-2012, 02:14 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

install the game correctly on the new laptop and try again...
01-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Find