Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.lang file help? (SOLVED)
TheDanny942 Offline

Threads: 7
.lang file help? (SOLVED)

In my map, I had a key working, but then I tried to add a note, and now, nothing works, the key is blank, and so is the note. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks so much.
<LANGUAGE>
<RESOURCES>
</RESOURCES>
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">Who are you? Where are you?</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
<Entry Name="ItemName_BasementDoorKey">Key to Basement</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_BasementDoorKey">Basement Door Key</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_Explaining_Name">You must have questions...</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Explaining_Text">Welcome, you must not remember much, but don't be afraid.[br]I am not the one who may hurt you.[br]You are here for a reason.[br]There is something in this house I cannot explain.[br]Go to the basement. I will leave more letters for you.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2012, 03:15 AM by TheDanny942.)
01-25-2012, 01:10 AM
Find
Tripication Offline

Threads: 19
RE: .lang file help?

ok, ive just taken your .lang, and made a test map and put the items in there with the exact names and it worked perfectly. everything was there.

If you have just discovered debug mode and are loading a map directly from startup(skipping choosing a profile and map) Then that will not show the extra_english.lang

But its most likely going to be a spelling error in your mapping. Make sure you dont call the key and note BasementDoorKey and Explaining, Make sure they are the CUSTOM SUB ITEM TYPE NAME(For the key) and for the note, make sure you put Explaining in the NOTE TEXT area under the entity section.

[Image: speedart__2___yoshimitsu_by_kamofudge-d4yo6kk.png]
01-25-2012, 02:43 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

I can't find any errors... Have you tried refreshing the Amnesia game? You may just need the resources refreshed.
01-25-2012, 02:47 AM
Find
TheDanny942 Offline

(01-25-2012, 02:43 AM)Tripication Wrote: ok, ive just taken your .lang, and made a test map and put the items in there with the exact names and it worked perfectly. everything was there.

If you have just discovered debug mode and are loading a map directly from startup(skipping choosing a profile and map) Then that will not show the extra_english.lang

But its most likely going to be a spelling error in your mapping. Make sure you dont call the key and note BasementDoorKey and Explaining, Make sure they are the CUSTOM SUB ITEM TYPE NAME(For the key) and for the note, make sure you put Explaining in the NOTE TEXT area under the entity section.
I've double checked, still nothing. No name or anything. And are you saying I should not load a map from startup, just use the regular thing?

01-25-2012, 03:03 AM
Find
Tripication Offline

(01-25-2012, 03:03 AM)TheDanny942 Wrote:
(01-25-2012, 02:43 AM)Tripication Wrote: ok, ive just taken your .lang, and made a test map and put the items in there with the exact names and it worked perfectly. everything was there.

I've double checked, still nothing. No name or anything. And are you saying I should not load a map from startup, just use the regular thing?
Yes, if you have your game set to load the map as soon as it enters the game, then it will not show anything in the .lang, i had this problem once too, so i set my game to skip all menus apart from the last one. and whenever i wanted to go half way through a custom story, i would load the map through the debug menu when i was in the custom story.
But loading the map directly without going by the main menu will not show the .lang

01-25-2012, 03:07 AM
Find
TheDanny942 Offline

(01-25-2012, 03:07 AM)Tripication Wrote:

Yes, if you have your game set to load the map as soon as it enters the game, then it will not show anything in the .lang, i had this problem once too, so i set my game to skip all menus apart from the last one. and whenever i wanted to go half way through a custom story, i would load the map through the debug menu when i was in the custom story.
But loading the map directly without going by the main menu will not show the .lang
Thank you very much, this has solved my problem. You are like, amazing man, and I very much appreciate your activeness on this forum. Big Grin

01-25-2012, 03:14 AM
Find
Tripication Offline

(01-25-2012, 03:14 AM)TheDanny942 Wrote:
(01-25-2012, 03:07 AM)Tripication Wrote:

Thank you very much, this has solved my problem. You are like, amazing man, and I very much appreciate your activeness on this forum. Big Grin
No dramas mate. Helps having your email linked to your phone to play a sounds, then subscribing. Big Grin
Good luck with the rest

01-25-2012, 03:16 AM
Find