1. I'm not sure what to say about the story.. Most of it is kind of.. teared apart. It doesn't feel like one entire storyline, except for the 'Johannes is sick' part of it. You find the murderer quite early in the game, and after that the plot kind of felt weakened to me. I know it's your first CS, so I'll just say, try and work on making a really solid story. I dig way more into a CS when there's a good story behind it and I actually get more scared in such state than without a story. When there's a good story you have the feeling that you 'need' to progress, even though you're too scared to do it
2. The Shop was something I REALLY enjoyed. I'm surprised you didn't more times for it, since I ran out of oil quite soon in the maze, already. I had more than 300 Coins left at the end of the game, and I never got any more chances to spend it except for the first two times. This made me kind of sad.
Advice: Try making it more of a big deal, add the store even more, so people will try harder to gather Coins. I personally loved the idea.
3. The monsters. Shit, sometimes I almost pissed my pants, but that's because I'm afraid of Brutes ^^ You guys literally spammed monsters.. I think you could've made it even scarier by leaving a few out. I was constantly on my guard in this Custom Story because I expected a monster at every corner/door, which is regularly the case.
Advice: Try and use the environment to your advantage, sometimes it's scarier to make people THINK there's a possibility of a monster coming, than actually having one at almost every pick up.
4. The mapping. I can't say this is badly done. I've played a couple of CS's to know what bad mapping looks like, and this certainly doesn't feel like it. I didn't glitch out of the map at any point. I was surprised to see people actually use the ceiling as progress, so that's a plus for me. The maze took me a lot of time to get through, though. Maybe I just failed at realizing how to get through it, but if it's not me, I would say, make it a bit easier ^^ There is one point I have to criticize on, there's so many doors you never use at the Castle Hub, why not leave them out? I literally tried my keys on every door I could find.
Advice: Keep up the good work. The outside part was very well done, and almost all rooms felt like they were thought on atleast a dozen times. I have trouble critiqueing anything about the mapping.
5. The items. Yeah, I'm just going to say it. The yellow Rod is a pain in the ass. It's WAY to hard to spot
I would've never looked there, but okay, that's what guidelines are for. I'm not sure a lot of people are willing to check the internet on how to progress, so that might cut them off. Watch out with too difficult hiding spots for items. You guys also basically didn't add any items in the game, except for the Coins to buy items with (Except for 2 Tinderboxes, might be more, but that's all I found). This caused me to run out of Oil, since I bought Laudanum. That might be my fault, so I don't think that should be changed.
Advice: People might quit the CS once they have been looking for a Yellow Rod for 40 minutes (
) Be careful with this.
I think that's all. I loved the Agrippa hanging over me in the bed, freaked me out. I had a lot of trouble with the first door that has to be opened via rotating, since the monsters kept spawning before I had a chance to get the door open enough to pass through. It kind of bugged, since a Suitor had broken the door, allowing me to pass through without pulling the lever. I died at almost every monster, but I might just suck