Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 4.07 Average
My Love -- v. 1.1 Custom Story
Dan479 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: My Love -- v. 1.1 Custom Story

Fantastic job. Marvelous. Loved it, and I hope to see more works like this in the future.

Though I want to point out a bug I found
Spoiler below!
In the part where after you've kissed Mary, and you talk to your father, I found that the wall in the far end of his study is possible to jump through. Which could certainly fuck some things up. Luckily I was able to jump off the map and die so I could proceed
02-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 26

I watched cry's video and wow I must say the story was amazing Big Grin Good job!

02-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

Damn, I loved this story very much. I am this kind of person who especially love love stories... I must say it was amazingly done with all engine and it also gave few ideas into my own Custom Story Smile.

Good job! Since I am so huge Story-based creations fan, its 10 out of 10 from me Smile!

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
02-07-2012, 11:34 PM
Find
Fomzo Offline

Threads: 13

WHAT. THE. HELL.
I've never thought I would come across an Amnesia CS without horror elements but with touching and sad story instead.
THIS IS BEAUTIFUL. GREAT WORK GUYS.

PS. Actually I LOVED the map design. It beats even the story Tongue
02-08-2012, 12:36 AM
Find
LHudson Offline

Threads: 9

Let me get the praise out of the way before addressing some concerns I have. It is incredibly well written even if it has a little mixture between Corpse Bride and The Notebook. The sequencing is planned out well thought, the level design and scripting work really well. And despite all of the possible nasty things I may/may not say it is possibly one of the best custom stories I have ever tried out, going so far as to even call it the third member of my superstar tag team (Dark Room and Through The Portal). Right, now that is out of the way, lets talk about the concerns.

Actually, on second thought, I will only raise one. I don't think a story like this is suitable for an interactive medium, but rather as a short live action/dark 3D film.

My once cent Smile

LHudson

[Image: sigpic401029_1.gif]
02-08-2012, 07:57 AM
Find
graykin Offline

Threads: 12

(02-08-2012, 07:57 AM)LHudson Wrote: Let me get the praise out of the way before addressing some concerns I have. It is incredibly well written even if it has a little mixture between Corpse Bride and The Notebook. The sequencing is planned out well thought, the level design and scripting work really well. And despite all of the possible nasty things I may/may not say it is possibly one of the best custom stories I have ever tried out, going so far as to even call it the third member of my superstar tag team (Dark Room and Through The Portal). Right, now that is out of the way, lets talk about the concerns.

Actually, on second thought, I will only raise one. I don't think a story like this is suitable for an interactive medium, but rather as a short live action/dark 3D film.

My once cent Smile

LHudson
I have never seen The Notebook and I'm not a fan of Tim Burton, so any resemblance to those two movies is purely coincidental!

Though, to be serious, "nasty" criticism is legitimate criticism, so long as it's fair, so anything else you want to say about My Love's flaws would be welcome with open ears. Even the nasty stuff.

02-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Find
Rielle v2.0 Offline

I loved it! This was a very well done custom story.
I have never been so immersed in any Amnesia story like this. Not to be cheesy but it actually really felt like I had set myself as the main charater in real life. I felt the story real deep, hahaha!
What I also loved about it is that Cry(ChaoticMonki), my favorite commentator was the voice actor of the main character.

You should make more of these because it's not often that editors make custom stories that don't focus on the scares and horrors.

Great job Smile

02-26-2012, 09:05 PM
Find
GatsuRed Offline

Hello to everyone ^^ I downloaded your custom story but... when I select it, just when the map is loading, the game close and a little screen says: FATAL ERROR: Could not load script file "custom_stories/blablabla.../mylove1.hps

Later it says: main (65,23):ERR: Expected expression value
main (232,23): ERR: Expected expression value

Someone can help me please? Thanks! ^^
02-27-2012, 02:36 AM
Find
graykin Offline

Threads: 12

(02-27-2012, 02:36 AM)GatsuRed Wrote: Hello to everyone ^^ I downloaded your custom story but... when I select it, just when the map is loading, the game close and a little screen says: FATAL ERROR: Could not load script file "custom_stories/blablabla.../mylove1.hps

Later it says: main (65,23):ERR: Expected expression value
main (232,23): ERR: Expected expression value

Someone can help me please? Thanks! ^^
I believe you need the free "Justine" expansion for Amnesia.

You can grab it here: http://support.frictionalgames.com/entry/98/

If you already have Justine, or if the update doesn't work, let me know.

02-27-2012, 04:32 AM
Find
GatsuRed Offline

Thanks, it works perfectly now ^^ amazing story by the way (L)
02-27-2012, 12:13 PM
Find