Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The mind of Mattias
Mattias Offline

Threads: 2
The mind of Mattias

[Image: amnesia03.png]

This is my first map. The idea behind the map was, add objects and events that I had in mind at that time. I added alot of random stuff so it's not story orientated.

Pictures:
Spoiler below!

[Image: amnesia01.png]

[Image: amnesia02.png]

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8o45k6iia0xezo4

NOTE: There's 1 secret room in Part1. There will be a message popping up when you entered the "secret" room.
Oh and one part was made for PewDiePie Wink enjoy

please post feedback, I want both positive and negative ones to make "The mind of Mattias part2" great.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2012, 08:01 PM by Mattias.)
02-05-2012, 07:30 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
RE: The mind of Mattias

Hmm.. I give it a try Smile

EDIT: Okay I finished it it was short but pretty nice.

My final thoughts:

Spoiler below!
First map was really great suprise for the beginning. Made me jump twice. Smile

Second map: Nice mapping and great sounds.

Third map: Here I was little confused which way was right to live? I chosed third one and I dropped through the darkness.

Final map: I don't like that maze really confusing, but scary voices was improving to move on, then final room this was pretty good idea to use scripts and items to make only rusty key to "get that hatch opened" Smile

Overall: I enjoyed it and hope to see more great scares in part 2 Smile

“Life is a game, play it”
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2012, 08:01 PM by HumiliatioN.)
02-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Find
toniezz Offline

Threads: 3

going to try it now .

EDIT: nice and short map , enjoyed it. i hope u'll do sequel ^.^
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2012, 09:44 PM by toniezz.)
02-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Find
devin413 Offline

Threads: 7

rly rly scary bro ^^

My Sanity = ...

Boris Game Studios: Devin413 Moddels Maps Scripts.
Tenebris Lake
Killings In Altstadt

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2012, 09:45 PM by devin413.)
02-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

(02-05-2012, 07:30 PM)Mattias Wrote: please post feedback, I want both positive and negative ones to make "The mind of Mattias part2" great.
Ohoho...Challenge Accepted.

Jokes, of course. I'm not going into this thinking it's terrible to start off with. As per my usual playing routine, I'll play this and note my thoughts as I go along.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler below!

- No map_cache files. We're off to a good start!
- Title is incredibly imaginative. Wink
- PlayerStartArea was too high, and I was dropped into the map. Should scale/move it down.
- No introductory sequence. Not needed, but usually nice.
- At this point I don't have a lantern. It would be nice to see things. Include a low-light boxlight so it's still possible to see without the lantern.
- With Castlebase (Cellarbase ESPECIALLLY) you'll want to put welders between your wall segments as they have a visible seam. Take a look and you'll see what I mean.
- Hmph. Fuck you too, closet. I don't need your keys anyways.
- Unfortunately, your jump scares have eliminated atmosphere for me, so the moan after going to the door didn't have any effect. The goal is to build suspense.
- Why hello, Brute. You caused me to lean back in my chair.
- Well I just got the crap kicked out of me. Here's a tip, don't make the monsters spawn in front of the player. Make it seem as though they came from somewhere. Same as if they leave. If they go into a room, I expect them to have left it if they're not there anymore. Things don't just disappear in real life.
- "That dream fealt so real." I imagine you meant "felt"
- A boxlight! Hurrah! And you even made the stool holding the candle static too!
- Some texture clipping by your closet there. Try to remove all clipping. It ruins immersiveness. If you need something to be somewhere, change it's coordinates by 0.001.
- As the sources of light are still limited to the torches, you may want to change the boxlight or remove sanity drain. Player sanity drops when the light source is 0.15 or below.
- Heh. The blood makes a #1.
- There be mischievous little elves in my house!
- Some of your pointlights bleed through your walls. This is undesirable.
- Chest with light. Jumpscare detected.
- Or not.
- Ooh, a key.
- Oh..You didn't name it. Name keys in the future. Makes it far less sloppy-looking.
- Stairwelders need to be used at the bottom of the Mansionbase stairs at all times, unless the rails go into a wall.
- Through the Leveldoor!
- Dropped again. Move position down.
- This room is eerie. No idea why it's in my house.
- Oh. Pewdie stuff. I have little more to say on the matter.
- Falling through the hole now.
- Ah, fuck. Mazes.
- A boxlight would be handy. Still no lantern.
- Generic Jumpscare.
- Generic Armorscare. Which I was forced to look at. If you want the player to notice something, do it subtly.
- Had to cheat to find your bonesaw. And to put the water on the desk. I saw no reason not to just splash the water on the hammer.
- Oh, so NOW I can use the water on the hammer. Wonder what made the difference.
- Had to look at your script to figure out what I was actually supposed to do. There was no indication at all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can't say I was overly impressed with this. Though I wasn't utterly repulsed by it.

02-06-2012, 03:38 AM
Find
Mattias Offline

(02-06-2012, 03:38 AM)Obliviator27 Wrote:
(02-05-2012, 07:30 PM)Mattias Wrote: please post feedback, I want both positive and negative ones to make "The mind of Mattias part2" great.
Ohoho...Challenge Accepted.

Jokes, of course. I'm not going into this thinking it's terrible to start off with. As per my usual playing routine, I'll play this and note my thoughts as I go along.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler below!

- No map_cache files. We're off to a good start!
- Title is incredibly imaginative. Wink
- PlayerStartArea was too high, and I was dropped into the map. Should scale/move it down.
- No introductory sequence. Not needed, but usually nice.
- At this point I don't have a lantern. It would be nice to see things. Include a low-light boxlight so it's still possible to see without the lantern.
- With Castlebase (Cellarbase ESPECIALLLY) you'll want to put welders between your wall segments as they have a visible seam. Take a look and you'll see what I mean.
- Hmph. Fuck you too, closet. I don't need your keys anyways.
- Unfortunately, your jump scares have eliminated atmosphere for me, so the moan after going to the door didn't have any effect. The goal is to build suspense.
- Why hello, Brute. You caused me to lean back in my chair.
- Well I just got the crap kicked out of me. Here's a tip, don't make the monsters spawn in front of the player. Make it seem as though they came from somewhere. Same as if they leave. If they go into a room, I expect them to have left it if they're not there anymore. Things don't just disappear in real life.
- "That dream fealt so real." I imagine you meant "felt"
- A boxlight! Hurrah! And you even made the stool holding the candle static too!
- Some texture clipping by your closet there. Try to remove all clipping. It ruins immersiveness. If you need something to be somewhere, change it's coordinates by 0.001.
- As the sources of light are still limited to the torches, you may want to change the boxlight or remove sanity drain. Player sanity drops when the light source is 0.15 or below.
- Heh. The blood makes a #1.
- There be mischievous little elves in my house!
- Some of your pointlights bleed through your walls. This is undesirable.
- Chest with light. Jumpscare detected.
- Or not.
- Ooh, a key.
- Oh..You didn't name it. Name keys in the future. Makes it far less sloppy-looking.
- Stairwelders need to be used at the bottom of the Mansionbase stairs at all times, unless the rails go into a wall.
- Through the Leveldoor!
- Dropped again. Move position down.
- This room is eerie. No idea why it's in my house.
- Oh. Pewdie stuff. I have little more to say on the matter.
- Falling through the hole now.
- Ah, fuck. Mazes.
- A boxlight would be handy. Still no lantern.
- Generic Jumpscare.
- Generic Armorscare. Which I was forced to look at. If you want the player to notice something, do it subtly.
- Had to cheat to find your bonesaw. And to put the water on the desk. I saw no reason not to just splash the water on the hammer.
- Oh, so NOW I can use the water on the hammer. Wonder what made the difference.
- Had to look at your script to figure out what I was actually supposed to do. There was no indication at all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can't say I was overly impressed with this. Though I wasn't utterly repulsed by it.

Holy shit, that was some feedback, thanks alot Smile
And thanks to the others who posted feedback aswell.

02-06-2012, 09:28 AM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

really nice one map! Exclamation

BUG - when i leave first location and trying to return back via metal door - game crashes to desktop.
Spoiler below!

- the lamp is not so easy to see
- brake brain puzzle with head+water+hammer
- excellent scary with monster from penumbra

02-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Find
ThePatoAS Offline

Threads: 1

I Tested your story:Spoilers
Spoiler below!
Bug1:You CAN take the keys... but this is the first post that i put in the forums so... i don't know how to put screenshots :/ if somebody could say me how i will put the screenshot here but i can explain how to i did it:take some drawers and throw them to the closet after trhow some boxes and now just advance to the closet and the closet will not close and you can take the keys so i continued avancing and OMFG! that monster really scared me...Good job Smile

ok so the penumbra guys killed me and appearedvin another area that looks like a normal house
some voices actings that i dind't understand Sad so i found a door and i advanced to the next area:
Next area a lot of doors! i read a note: Stephano!Piggeh!and Mr Chair (pewdiepie reference) so i choosed stephano and you put the notes wrong i arrived and get piggeh he's pump i had curiosity so i searched in the other doors Big Grin i go to Piggeh room and i founded Mr.Chair Chairmode activated *pup*
so Mr.Chair room was Stephano room ok next area
Yay! Lantern **** i hate mazes! so a girly scream a guy a wolf i arrived to a door i opened the door and i just shited my pants after and nice idea dude Wink i tried to use the water in the hammer but i dind't worked D:! so i founded a bone saw really hard to found i cutted the guy head i tried the head and the water but i didn't work D:! and i got your Secret room 1 Waiting for Part 2

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2012, 03:00 PM by ThePatoAS.)
02-06-2012, 10:44 PM
Find
PewDiePie Offline

Threads: 1

(02-06-2012, 10:44 PM)ThePatoAS Wrote: I Tested your story:
Bug1:You CAN take the keys... but this is the first post that i put in the forums so... i don't know how to put screenshots :/ if somebody could say me how i will put the screenshot here but i can explain how to i did it:take some drawers and throw them to the closet after trhow some boxes and now just advance to the closet and the closet will not close and you can take the keys so i continued avancing and OMFG! that monster really scared me...Good job Smile

ok so the penumbra guys killed me and appearedvin another area that looks like a normal house
some voices actings that i dind't understand Sad so i found a door and i advanced to the next area:
Next area a lot of doors! i read a note: Stephano!Piggeh!and Mr Chair (pewdiepie reference) so i choosed stephano and you put the notes wrong i arrived and get piggeh he's pump i had curiosity so i searched in the other doors Big Grin i go to Piggeh room and i founded Mr.Chair Chairmode activated *pup*
Yay! Lantern **** i hate mazes! so a girly scream a guy a wolf i arrived to a door i opened the door and i just shited my pants after and nice idea dude Wink i tried to use the water in the hammer but i dind't worked D:! so i founded a bone saw really hard to found i cutted the guy head i tried the head and the water but i didn't work D:! and i got your Secret room 1 Waiting for Part 2
Use spoilers please c:
02-06-2012, 11:30 PM
Find
Mattias Offline

(02-06-2012, 10:44 PM)ThePatoAS Wrote:
Spoiler below!

I Tested your story:
Bug1:You CAN take the keys... but this is the first post that i put in the forums so... i don't know how to put screenshots :/ if somebody could say me how i will put the screenshot here but i can explain how to i did it:take some drawers and throw them to the closet after trhow some boxes and now just advance to the closet and the closet will not close and you can take the keys so i continued avancing and OMFG! that monster really scared me...Good job

some voices actings that i dind't understand so i found a door and i advanced to the next area:
Next area a lot of doors! i read a note: Stephano!Piggeh!and Mr Chair (pewdiepie reference) so i choosed stephano and you put the notes wrong i arrived and get piggeh he's pump i had curiosity so i searched in the other doors i go to Piggeh room and i founded Mr.Chair Chairmode activated *pup*
Yay! Lantern **** i hate mazes! so a girly scream a guy a wolf i arrived to a door i opened the door and i just shited my pants after and nice idea dude i tried to use the water in the hammer but i dind't worked D:! so i founded a bone saw really hard to found i cutted the guy head i tried the head and the water but i didn't work D:! and i got your Secret room 1 Waiting for Part 2

Regarding that PewDiePie part Smile (love that guy)
Spoiler below!

I didn't put the notes in the wrong place. I tricked you by placing the notes in the wrong place ^^ when you chose your favorite character that you want to survive, and you enter the next room, you will realise that you just killed your favorite one Smile

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2012, 02:34 PM by Mattias.)
02-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Find