Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.69 Average
[RELEASE][FIXED]Deterioration - Total Conversion
lizard lips Offline

Threads: 12
RE: [RELEASE]Deterioration - Total Conversion

Make a patch or something for the lantern, it still crashes when you use it.
02-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Hello everyone, I've been noticing a LOT of issues with the final level. I can honestly say, I am very happy with all the feedback. I'm glad everyone enjoys it, and consequently, I am glad that enjoyment means that everyone is so willing to point out ways to improve the final level.
Spoiler below!
Am I correct in thinking that NO ONE has finished the lighthouse level? That honestly blows my mind, considering the amount of times I ran through that level myself must run up to the dozens, trying every combination. It seems that people can't get the lever on the main power junction to work? The way my script works as such:
1. The main power box on the bottom floor is on at the level start. The lever on it is stuck.
2. The player has two choices as to how to turn the valve on the second power box: clockwise and anticlockwise.
a)Anticlockwise jams the system (as noted in the instructions), and the lever on the base floor must be flipped and the wheel then turned the opposite way to unlock the generator on the roof.
b) Clockwise merely unlocks the generator without jamming the system.
Note: Turning it either way spawns the monster.
3. The generator on top has a lever, which is flipped. This causes the light to turn off, and the deterioration gunk fades away. It must be turned back on.
4. Go to the bottom floor (after saving your father from the electrocution puzzle) and flip the lever on the main box. This unlocked the valve on the second floor.
5. The valve can only be turned one way. This unlocks the generator again.
6. Flip the generator lever and be treated to the ending cutscene.

If people have been doing these steps and things are going wrong for them, that means something is wrong. Please let me know which step things go wrong for you, and I'll look into it and put up another version! Sorry, everyone! I never expected the difficulty curve to be this infuriating. I meant to make the last level hard, but never unbeatable!

[Image: signature-2.png]
02-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

It would be very nice of you to make a new config folder and a subfolder for the maps, that could make it much easier for me to install.

Thanks in advance! Smile

This mod looks awesome!
EDIT: I don't need it anymore...

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2012, 07:31 PM by CorinthianMerchant.)
02-11-2012, 06:52 PM
Find
Vesanic Offline

Threads: 1

I'm stuck at the top of the lighthouse.

Spoiler below!
I touched the guy (his father ?) on the bed, he disappeared. The lever downstairs is stuck, the levers upstairs are inoperational. I can't get inside the space where the valve is. Tried to force the door with the crate, but nothing. And I can't seem to do anything with the upper generator. So: what the f*** do I do ? Big Grin

EDIT:

Spoiler below!
So yeah, I did in that order: I got into the lighthouse, went upstairs, touched the guy. Then I went into the space with the valve, I turned it clockwise, grunt appeared. Then I got on the roof, switched the lever, generator kicked in. Now, the lever at the bottom floor is still stuck, and there's nothing more I can do.

If one of you needs a voice for a custom story, contact me:

romain_hammond@hotmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/Vesanique
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2012, 10:07 PM by Vesanic.)
02-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(02-11-2012, 06:25 PM)Streetboat Wrote: Hello everyone, I've been noticing a LOT of issues with the final level. I can honestly say, I am very happy with all the feedback. I'm glad everyone enjoys it, and consequently, I am glad that enjoyment means that everyone is so willing to point out ways to improve the final level.
Spoiler below!
Am I correct in thinking that NO ONE has finished the lighthouse level? That honestly blows my mind, considering the amount of times I ran through that level myself must run up to the dozens, trying every combination. It seems that people can't get the lever on the main power junction to work? The way my script works as such:
1. The main power box on the bottom floor is on at the level start. The lever on it is stuck.
2. The player has two choices as to how to turn the valve on the second power box: clockwise and anticlockwise.
a)Anticlockwise jams the system (as noted in the instructions), and the lever on the base floor must be flipped and the wheel then turned the opposite way to unlock the generator on the roof.
b) Clockwise merely unlocks the generator without jamming the system.
Note: Turning it either way spawns the monster.
3. The generator on top has a lever, which is flipped. This causes the light to turn off, and the deterioration gunk fades away. It must be turned back on.
4. Go to the bottom floor (after saving your father from the electrocution puzzle) and flip the lever on the main box. This unlocked the valve on the second floor.
5. The valve can only be turned one way. This unlocks the generator again.
6. Flip the generator lever and be treated to the ending cutscene.

If people have been doing these steps and things are going wrong for them, that means something is wrong. Please let me know which step things go wrong for you, and I'll look into it and put up another version! Sorry, everyone! I never expected the difficulty curve to be this infuriating. I meant to make the last level hard, but never unbeatable!
So yeah, I think it's a bug because
Spoiler below!
I followed those exact instructions and no matter what I do the lever at the bottom is always stuck Sad

Posting Freak
02-11-2012, 10:30 PM
Website Find
Chagedpking Offline

Threads: 0

[Image: dbqgs2.jpg]

Anyone? I really wanna play this.

02-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

I made changes and tweaked the code. The thing that's throwing me off is the fact that every script works flawlessly on my end; I follow those instructions, and no lever is ever stuck on my end. However, I moved some lines of code around, and hopefully this upload should work. I also made some cosmetic changes.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1p5l3bwx93eigvi (Also added to first post)

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2012, 02:35 AM by Streetboat.)
02-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Find
Mangetsu Offline

Threads: 0

Still didn't worked correctly I guess. This time levers didn't get stuck, but when I turn the valve second time, it just says something went wrong and I must start everything from the beginning again. Sad

Btw, I also found glitch at the part where you must open the fathers desktop. It can be opened without hand drill if you get your mouse cursor on the tight spot between the desktop and the desktops door. (Very hard to explain. :p) I think I did that by accident in my playthrough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...hRk#t=565s

I just say to let the Streetboat know about this. Smile
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2012, 12:03 PM by Mangetsu.)
02-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Find
Vesanic Offline

Threads: 1

Tried your new upload.

Spoiler below!
I entered the lighthouse, I went uptairs, then I went on the roof to see the light and the generator. I didn't do anything lever wise at that point. Then, here's what I did:

1) I got into the space with the valve, and turned the valve clockwise.
2) I went on the roof and used the lever.
3) I went back down, and touched the guy.
4) Went downstairs, used the lever. Hooray, it worked !
5) Went back up, turned the valve, everything shutted down.
6) Went back on the roof... And the lever is fucking stuck.

What now ?

If one of you needs a voice for a custom story, contact me:

romain_hammond@hotmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/Vesanique
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2012, 01:09 PM by Vesanic.)
02-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

What the hell. The thing that's really getting to me is that these things are clearly written in the script file. Why is it doing this? Why is the game just completely ignoring certain things in the file?

All right, I put up one more upload. If this one doesn't work, I'm just stumped. Really sorry about all of these edits, guys, it really does annoy me to no end that the version I have on my computer is so wildly different than the one other people download. It's also very frustrating that this one bug in the script is keeping you guys from enjoying the ending, which all of you are so very close to.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9fyxf36d8xco67b

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2012, 03:32 PM by Streetboat.)
02-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Find