Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.69 Average
[RELEASE][FIXED]Deterioration - Total Conversion
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: [RELEASE][FIXED]Deterioration - Total Conversion

Duly noted, sir. I thought about that, but I avoided subtitles because the text on the screen was reserved for thoughts the main character had, and the dialogue was purely spoken. Having the text be both would have felt kind of contrived. Before I even had voice acting, that cutscene used text with quote marks around it, and it felt really strange.

But one thing that did bother me in seeing all the playthroughs was that stupid clanking machinery. I should have dampened that sound. Captain hindsight to the rescue, huh?

This whole project, while it may have been a bit of a failure until I released like 6 versions of it to fix the stupid bugs I overlooked due to improper testing, was purely a portfolio piece. So, if I actually find a way to get into video game design for a major company (which would be pretty nice, considering how much time I have sunk into these projects, I feel I deserve a little payment for it Tongue ), these are all things I would be keeping in mind. This story, as it stands now (with the final release and everything), feels a bit like my magnum opus for now, and I am very creatively burned out. I just want to sit on it for a while until another good idea strikes me. I attempted to make a quick story this week, and made almost a full level (5-10 minutes of gameplay), before I just gave up due to boredom.

It's definitely time to take a break from editing and focus on real life, what with going to a new college and newly dating the girl of my dreams on my plate as of now. So thank you, everyone, for all the support. It's been wonderful. Smile

[Image: signature-2.png]
02-26-2012, 07:34 AM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

Quote: Duly noted, sir. I thought about that, but I avoided subtitles because
the text on the screen was reserved for thoughts the main character had
and the dialogue was purely spoken. Having the text be both would have
felt kind of contrived. Before I even had voice acting, that cutscene
used text with quote marks around it, and it felt really strange.
I'm a little confused by this, because generally subtitles in the original TDD appeared at the bottom of the screen, the main characters thoughts appear in the middle...could you not just have the subtitles appear at the bottom?'

Ultimately it's a moot point, as I think simply increasing the volume of the dialogue would do the trick

Quote: This whole project, while it may have been a bit of a failure until I
released like 6 versions of it to fix the stupid bugs I overlooked due
to improper testing, was purely a portfolio piece. So, if I actually
find a way to get into video game design for a major company (which
would be pretty nice, considering how much time I have sunk into these
projects, I feel I deserve a little payment for it [img]images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
),
I'd hire you if I was an employer, and I'd donate if I wasn't dirt poor, but that's life

Quote: these are all things I would be keeping in mind. This story, as it
stands now (with the final release and everything), feels a bit like my
magnum opus for now, and I am very creatively burned out. I just want to
sit on it for a while until another good idea strikes me. I attempted
to make a quick story this week, and made almost a full level (5-10
minutes of gameplay), before I just gave up due to boredom.
The story itself is quite excellent, as is the custom story, managing to create an interesting narrative, frightening atmosphere without cheap scares, and enjoyable gameplay without being too frustrating...most of the time.

So I'd say for the time that it's a safe thing to sit on as your magnum opus Smile

Quote: It's definitely time to take a break from editing and focus on real
life, what with going to a new college and newly dating the girl of my
dreams on my plate as of now. So thank you, everyone, for all the
support. It's been wonderful.
The custom story has been wonderful, now I wish you luck at college, and happiness with your new girl, and hope you come back to making us stories when you're done with all that, it may be a long shot, but there it is
02-26-2012, 07:55 AM
Website Find
xVaermina Offline

Threads: 1

Can't wait to start playing this Big Grin. Sounds awesome already C:
02-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Find
I ZapZap I Offline

Threads: 2

Incredible custom story! It wasn't the scariest but you can easily look past that when you're fully immersed into such a well structured story and level design. Definitely a mod for one who can truly appreciate the fiction and be captivated by something other than jump-scares and flying boxes. It had my focus completely directed at solving the mystery and fighting the insanity of my character. Excellent Job. 8.5/10.

Check out our playthrough!

04-21-2012, 10:56 PM
Find
Schyze Offline

Threads: 0

I must play this!
Sanity Reloaded!!
04-25-2012, 06:05 PM
Find
ShiningBlader Offline

I tried your total conversion and now I can't play the original amnesia.

I moved all the files in your rar file to their respective folders

And now whenever I click on the amnesia.exe file or on the deterioration.bat, both will bring me to the same menu

I haven't played the CS yet since I'm trying ti fix this problem. Which files should I change? Help in advance

Alright things went this way:

moved the Deterioration folder to the amnesia main folder like how you say on your text file

result: Didn't work

moved the contents of the deterioration folder in their respective folders, like how I did in previous full convertions

result: Can't load the original amnesia's menu

noticed that I kept the deterioration folder in the amnesia folder and moved it out of it

result: can't play deterioration and the window where you can choose to launch the game or the justine story is now glitched and shows no letters

Whatever I did, I did it terribly bad. Some1 help me plz? Sad

I guess I know what is going on: your config files have the same name as the ones of the original game

So when I moved them there, I replaced them Sad

ffffuuuuuu........

How can I revert all this?

I'm sorry for being annoying but can anyone give me the config files from the original amnesia: that is what is preventing me from seeing the original menu: The files in this CS had the same name as the ones from the original game and they were replaced.

In the meantime, I'll play this CS.
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2012, 06:44 PM by ShiningBlader.)
04-29-2012, 06:26 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

You installed it wrong, it's a fully isolated full conversion meaning you should just have to put the main deterioration folder in the redist folder and then run the .bat within that folder. Really the only way to fix this is to reinstall Amnesia.

Posting Freak
04-29-2012, 08:12 PM
Website Find
ShiningBlader Offline

(04-29-2012, 08:12 PM)kman Wrote: You installed it wrong, it's a fully isolated full conversion meaning you should just have to put the main deterioration folder in the redist folder and then run the .bat within that folder. Really the only way to fix this is to reinstall Amnesia.
*feels like a noob*

damn it!

Can't someone please just upload the config files please? I bought amnesia via steam. How do I reinstall it?

AHHH LOOOl! didn't even read the previous page xD

Apparently, other user had the same problem. Well, I guess I'll just backup my CS and reinstall amnesia them

As for the CS, I'm enjoying so far but I'm stuck in the light house puzzle. Guess I'll have to «cheat» them...
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2012, 09:11 PM by ShiningBlader.)
04-29-2012, 08:38 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(04-29-2012, 08:38 PM)ShiningBlader Wrote: Guess I'll have to «cheat» them...
Sad

[Image: signature-2.png]
04-30-2012, 09:37 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

hmmm....
Need some help here,....
I found a head in the desk.. probly i have NOT o-ened it with drill-parts..
cause still have them in my inventory...
have 2 of the drill.. BUT the desk is opened with the head..
NOW>. i am crooked.. well.. like i am falling.. that feeling...
don;'t know the right word for it..
i am NOT standing UP.. like half way...
What to do? or does it have to be like this...
when i go into anoter map... still crooked.....
HELP?
05-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Find