Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15
RE: [www.nextfrictionalgame.com] Amnesia Discussion

Has anyone followed their employee twitter lately?
Apart from that, I don't think there's much news to discuss, I suppose we just have to wait till Fall. But theories are welcome.

02-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Amnesia A Machine for Pigs sound design

High dynamic range, great!

Browsing your awesome site tells me that hpl engines sound system will receive some tweaks.

02-27-2012, 12:34 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Quote:All you need is an iOS device and an app called SoundMeter
I assume there is no alternative? Audacity is not a problem at all.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
02-27-2012, 01:06 PM
Find
Gharren Offline

Threads: 1

Awesome stuff, I'm waiting for the listen section on your website. Smile

Greetings,
Gharren

I'm a werewolf. Meow.
-----------
The Beauty of Nature.
-----------
02-27-2012, 01:07 PM
Website Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(02-26-2012, 05:28 AM)TheGrandHero Wrote:
(02-26-2012, 04:21 AM)Kein Wrote:
(02-25-2012, 07:21 PM)XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX Wrote: Retail, anyone? I sure hope so... Would love to put this in my best friends trick or treating bag Big Grin

I have a bad feeling about this. Doubt it will get retail/box release, most likely Steam/Frictional store only.

That and... well, remember what happened when Amnesia 1 got a box release? I mean seriously, look at that. What happened?

Okay, what I'm looking at and what I'm supposed to see?

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
02-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Find
Nyarlathotep Offline

Threads: 2

Quote:thechineseroom's (horrendous) development history is very relevant and
many users are just as worried as he is that A Machine for Pigs can turn
out to be dreadful.

What is so Horrendous about it? They're generally well received. Outside of the Dear Esther remake, they have only created free mods.

Korsakovia was a gameplay heavy horror mod that had amazing work done as far as dialogue, music, and general atmosphere was concerned. Its visuals weren't too great and it was unpolished, gameplay wise... But again, it was a free mod.

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs will be a commercial release. Likely has far more resources being put into it. I don't think there's much to worry at all.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2012, 01:14 PM by Nyarlathotep.)
02-27-2012, 01:13 PM
Find
samueljustice00 Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 2

(02-27-2012, 01:07 PM)Gharren Wrote: Awesome stuff, I'm waiting for the listen section on your website. Smile

Greetings,
Gharren
Hey Gharren,
A lot of my work can be heard/played already, if you go to the main page and click on each project most of them have a video (apart from a couple).
Also if you go to http://www.molecats.com you can play the game in browser featuring my audio. Be warned though - Molecats is extremely hard!

I have some old showreels up from a while ago at my Vimeo profile - https://vimeo.com/samueljustice/videos

(02-27-2012, 01:06 PM)Kein Wrote:
Quote:All you need is an iOS device and an app called SoundMeter
I assume there is no alternative? Audacity is not a problem at all.
Hey Kein - I had a look at your profile but unfortunately couldn't find the country your based in, but if you google SPL meter or go to an online electronics store in your country you should be able to find SPL meters reasonably cheap. Just a note that if you're using an SPL meter make sure you calibrate to 80db and not 83db like I've written (the extra 3db is to compensate for hand shake with the iPhone, admittedly the hand shake could be more or less than 3db, but you'll certainly get the right volume levels).

Audio Lead - Frictional Games
02-27-2012, 01:24 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

I haven't personally played Dear Esther, but it seems more story based than horror. If they can create a really intense and creepy setting and story and leave Frictional with the horror, monsters and design, then we could be in for a really great game here.

Think A Little, Change A Lot
02-27-2012, 02:31 PM
Find
dph314 Offline

Threads: 0

I agree. I don't think Frictional would change much of what has already worked for them. I'm sure that was made clear to TCR before they were brought on. So TCR helping can only make things better.
02-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Find
TheGrandHero Offline

Threads: 0

Greetings Sam! Good to hear from a member of the development team about their work on the game.

Quote:This means that when the scares happen, your underwear will be soiled because they will be loud!
Just as long as it's not too loud. I tend to play games like this with headphones on and I want to be scared, not in pain. Wink I trust you know what you're doing, though, so I look forward to playing the game later this year and listening to what you're cooking up for us.
02-27-2012, 02:47 PM
Find