Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs trailer...?

This will probably cause a dumb gossip like "Amnesia 2 is announced, it will take place in China"

03-29-2012, 10:14 AM
Website Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs trailer...?

..... still better then the Mass Effect 3 ending....
03-29-2012, 01:04 PM
Website Find
dph314 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: [www.nextfrictionalgame.com] Amnesia Discussion

(03-29-2012, 03:06 AM)Damascus Rose Wrote: I hate how much nextfrictionalgame is teasing me... but I love it too.. I've been desperate for news on a new game for a while because I loved amnesia so much and it's been over a year since it's release Big Grin
Me too. I found Amnesia first though, so I got a horror fix after it by being able to then get Penumbra. Played each of them through 3-4 times, so another entry in the game library is definitely going to be awesome.
03-29-2012, 04:32 PM
Find
Mastersarge Offline

Threads: 7

I don't know bout some of you guys, but I kinda like the trial and error mechanisms in videogames. Not all games have to be immersive. And a gamer like me, loves a good challenge.
Just wanted to say that in response to previous posts made here.
And on topic;
I'm skeptical. Not sure of thechineseroom would be appropriate for creating this game. I don't know what path they are going for but after Dear Esther, I have doubts. I did not like that game, nor did I like the construct, concept, writing and 'gameplay' of it. I could go into length as to why but I'll just wait and see.

Hey, how ya doing?
03-29-2012, 06:46 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(03-29-2012, 03:06 AM)Damascus Rose Wrote: I hate how much nextfrictionalgame is teasing me... but I love it too.. I've been desperate for news on a new game for a while because I loved amnesia so much and it's been over a year since it's release Big Grin

If you are so desperate for news, have some Slowtaku: http://feeds.gawker.com/~r/kotaku/full/~...en-scarier
03-29-2012, 06:49 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

I still don't understand why thechineseroom is doing all the development... with fricitonal in a production role? Is frictional doing any development on the actual game? After making so many great games they're just gonna hand it over to thechineseroom? Seems kinda weird to me, does anyone understand this and can explain?

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
03-29-2012, 08:03 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(03-29-2012, 08:03 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: I still don't understand why thechineseroom is doing all the development... with fricitonal in a production role? Is frictional doing any development on the actual game? After making so many great games they're just gonna hand it over to thechineseroom? Seems kinda weird to me, does anyone understand this and can explain?
I think they do that so that they can focus on making their next title. You know, to bring in some extra bucks.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
03-29-2012, 09:01 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

(03-29-2012, 09:01 PM)nackidno Wrote:
(03-29-2012, 08:03 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: I still don't understand why thechineseroom is doing all the development... with fricitonal in a production role? Is frictional doing any development on the actual game? After making so many great games they're just gonna hand it over to thechineseroom? Seems kinda weird to me, does anyone understand this and can explain?
I think they do that so that they can focus on making their next title. You know, to bring in some extra bucks.
Oh, I guess that makes sense, considering the website says they have another unannounced project.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
03-29-2012, 09:36 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Frictional Games is not making games to get some extra bucks. They are not EA!
They make games because they love it and they wanted to present us some good stuff.
They also don't need extra bucks for their next title. They earned enough money with TDD.
When you remember, they have created Penumbra without any bucks.
Games are expensive, but it's possible to work efficient. The money doesn't have any influence on the quality of the game. The only thing what is important are the devs itself.

I know, after Amnesia was successful, they will have greater expectations with the next title. But it's not a must, that they will have it. You can not always be more successful every time than before, you also can make a lost. But I think, they earn more money than a normal worker and that's enough to make games. I mean, games like Penumbra, without any budget, should be sufficient.
03-30-2012, 04:16 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(03-30-2012, 04:16 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Frictional Games is not making games to get some extra bucks. They are not EA!
They make games because they love it and they wanted to present us some good stuff.
They also don't need extra bucks for their next title. They earned enough money with TDD.
When you remember, they have created Penumbra without any bucks.
Games are expensive, but it's possible to work efficient. The money doesn't have any influence on the quality of the game. The only thing what is important are the devs itself.

I know, after Amnesia was successful, they will have greater expectations with the next title. But it's not a must, that they will have it. You can not always be more successful every time than before, you also can make a lost. But I think, they earn more money than a normal worker and that's enough to make games. I mean, games like Penumbra, without any budget, should be sufficient.
If they need money they will find a way to get it. It makes complete sense that they hire another dev team to create a game for them to save time and money to continue making their new game. And for the record, the gaming industry is huge, loads and loads of money go into the making of a game. I know TDD brought in a large amount of money but that doesn't mean that there's no space to make yet more money. It's only realistic.

Also, this is not Penumbra, both Penumbra and Amnesia had extremely low budgets, they had financial problem during the making of Amnesia and was near quitting at a point if I'm not mistaken. This time they have a nice budget and they have a sufficient fanbase that is ready to pay them for a new game, they know this and like any other business they "take advantage of that" (might be cynical way to phrase it).

This is not really negative or cynical, it's how business work and I'm sure Frictional Games know that as well (otherwise they would not be running a company)

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2012, 06:42 PM by eliasfrost.)
03-30-2012, 05:16 PM
Find