Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
RE: [www.nextfrictionalgame.com] Amnesia Discussion

(05-11-2012, 01:22 AM)Gasjockey Wrote: In regards to the Episode 2 SDK, it comes with Team Fortress 2, which Valve made Free To Play half a year ago. Just download that first, and you'll be fine, Googol.
Remember when The Orange Box was actually worth money? Now it only contains two games that you can get ( / have gotten) for free, and one giant five year long cocktease.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

05-11-2012, 07:42 AM
Find
Gasjockey Offline

Threads: 1

(05-11-2012, 07:42 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote:
(05-11-2012, 01:22 AM)Gasjockey Wrote: In regards to the Episode 2 SDK, it comes with Team Fortress 2, which Valve made Free To Play half a year ago. Just download that first, and you'll be fine, Googol.
Remember when The Orange Box was actually worth money? Now it only contains two games that you can get ( / have gotten) for free, and one giant five year long cocktease.
True. While I think it's nice to see Valve making things cheaper (or free for that matter) it sure as fuck doesn't help anyone who's already bought their games.

Member of the secret society of TCaMtRLHfPSMUYRYRtWWtPtKYOoPFatHHG
05-11-2012, 08:58 AM
Find
Nyarlathotep Offline

Threads: 2

Quote:True. While I think it's nice to see Valve making things cheaper (or
free for that matter) it sure as fuck doesn't help anyone who's already
bought their games.

It doesn't hurt either. I think it's just good business on their part. So what if you paid more? You also had the games much sooner.

I pre-purchased Portal 2 the moment it was available. I have absolutely no regrets even while seeing it marked down to 19.99 USD standard and on sale for just under 7 this week.

TF2 went free to play a long time after its release. I don't think it's a bad thing in the slightest. It just keeps the game living far longer than it normally would have. Community wise.
05-11-2012, 11:34 AM
Find
Gasjockey Offline

Threads: 1

(05-11-2012, 11:34 AM)Nyarlathotep Wrote:
Quote:True. While I think it's nice to see Valve making things cheaper (or
free for that matter) it sure as fuck doesn't help anyone who's already
bought their games.

It doesn't hurt either. I think it's just good business on their part. So what if you paid more? You also had the games much sooner.

I pre-purchased Portal 2 the moment it was available. I have absolutely no regrets even while seeing it marked down to 19.99 USD standard and on sale for just under 7 this week.

TF2 went free to play a long time after its release. I don't think it's a bad thing in the slightest. It just keeps the game living far longer than it normally would have. Community wise.
Yes, that was sort of my point. It didn't come across that well, true, but still...

Member of the secret society of TCaMtRLHfPSMUYRYRtWWtPtKYOoPFatHHG
05-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(05-11-2012, 07:35 AM)Brennenburg Wrote:
(05-11-2012, 04:00 AM)Damascus Rose Wrote:
(05-10-2012, 10:46 PM)Brennenburg Wrote:
(05-10-2012, 02:39 PM)Oscar House Wrote:
(05-10-2012, 02:26 PM)Brennenburg Wrote: Tapio from KaamosSound is making new Amnesia MFP sounds. Smile

Where did you get this incorrect information?

Nope, he is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKfS8Cr0d...e=g-user-u
Not necessarily for AMFP.

So what you are saying is that the original sound developer isn't working on MFP but makes a video with the Shadow from Amnesia roaring at the beginner? Also the game that will use HPL3 isn't revealed yet and it actually might not be another Amnesia.

I honestly tried to follow your thought and your point but I failed. Care to elaborate a bit straightforward what are you trying to imply?

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
05-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

(05-11-2012, 07:35 AM)Brennenburg Wrote:
(05-11-2012, 04:00 AM)Damascus Rose Wrote:
(05-10-2012, 10:46 PM)Brennenburg Wrote:
(05-10-2012, 02:39 PM)Oscar House Wrote:
(05-10-2012, 02:26 PM)Brennenburg Wrote: Tapio from KaamosSound is making new Amnesia MFP sounds. Smile
Where did you get this incorrect information?
Nope, he is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKfS8Cr0d...e=g-user-u
Not necessarily for AMFP.

So what you are saying is that the original sound developer isn't working on MFP but makes a video with the Shadow from Amnesia roaring at the beginner? Also the game that will use HPL3 isn't revealed yet and it actually might not be another Amnesia.
The audio designer for AMFP has already been revealed and I recall reading him saying that Tapio is not working on it, and Tapio saying it himself. The reason the shadow sound is there at the beginning could be because he is best known for amnesia sound design. The new game that will use HPL3 could literally be anything, another amnesia is a possibility but Frictional has said they want to move on and try new things. And you say it might not be another Amnesia as if somebody thought it was going to be? What...

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
05-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
What do you think will be in Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs?

In this thread discussion, at least until the game is out, anybody in the forum may pitch in what they think/have heard on what will be in Amnesia 2. If you haven't already, you should check out their site (http://www.nextfrictionalgame.com/) Below are my a few of my thoughts:

1: Using Penumbra, as Frictional Game's first series, terminology I expect to see some form of Flashlight and Glowstick. Amnesia 1 had the Lantern (which took a lot of oil like batteries for the Flashlight) and Tinderbox (while it didn't light on its own, it lit up candles that never went out). Seeing that the year will take place in 1899, I'm not sure exactly what lighting they will have, but I expect something in between the two games. Something like early Flashlights and Tinderboxes.

2: Both Penumbra and Amnesia 1 had someone talking to you at certain times. Penumbra Red in the first game, and Amabel in the sequel (granted Clarence also talked to you, but he wasn't out to help you). In Amnesia 1 it was more of you remembering what your character did before taking the Amnesia Potion. Considering how the main character starts out in the teaser, I'm thinking something in between the two. Flashbacks to the tragedy in Mexico, and maybe somebody in the building Oswald's in.

3: Both Amnesia 1 and Penumbra both had an enemy of some sort that you couldn't easily stop and can kill you in one shot. In Penumbra it was a Rock Worm, it had major 3 times damage than your health. The downside is he can't see beyond vibrations and is so big that he can't easily sneak up to you in corridors. Amnesia 1 actually had two monsters that fit this category, the Brute and Shadow. While the Rock Worm is stronger, the Brute is scarier because it is humanoid so it can fit in corridors and pop up unexpectedly. As for the Shadow, it's only when it is moving rapidly does it fit in this category. It can slip through all sort of places and kill you in one hit, but Shadow reminds me more of the Rock Worm. If I had to pick a monster I would pick something like this fella from the Call of Cthulhu LCG http://www.cardgamedb.com/slir/h288/foru...421187.jpg

4: I like the idea of multiple endings Amnesia 1 introduced, so I expect one in this game.

5: Both Penumbra and Amnesia 1 were H.P. Lovecraft style stories/universe. I would like to the Lovecraft Universe in the next game. Now I've so far have not read any Lovecraft book, but the Call of Cthulhu LCG does show off a lot of Lovecraft monsters and elements that would easily fit in these games. Just the Rock Worm is based on the Lovecraft Dhole.
05-13-2012, 04:03 AM
Find
Xanthos Offline

Threads: 9
RE: What do you think will be in Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs?

1.) Breakable closets.
2.) Won't spoil the monsters as much.(Scarier not knowing what is your possible fate.)
3.) Always make you restart the map on death.
4.) Monster has a better sense of detecting sounds.

These are what I hope will be in Amnesia sequel. Tongue

05-13-2012, 04:23 AM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83

(05-13-2012, 04:23 AM)Xanthos Wrote: 1.) Breakable closets.
2.) Won't spoil the monsters as much.(Scarier not knowing what is your possible fate.)
3.) Always make you restart the map on death.
4.) Monster has a better sense of detecting sounds.

These are what I hope will be in Amnesia sequel. Tongue
I love each of these Big Grin . Smarter monsters = more dangerous monsters. Maybe slowly reveal the monsters as you play (well as least the really nasty ones). I would like all of the walls (well except the outer level walls) be breakable (Scarier knowing that no room is safe).
05-13-2012, 04:48 AM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

(05-13-2012, 04:03 AM)The Rock Worm Wrote: 5: Both Penumbra and Amnesia 1 were H.P. Lovecraft style stories/universe. I would like to the Lovecraft Universe in the next game. Now I've so far have not read any Lovecraft book, but the Call of Cthulhu LCG does show off a lot of Lovecraft monsters and elements that would easily fit in these games.
I don't get what you mean by "I would like to the Lovecraft Universe"? Also how can you say you know about the Lovecraft universe when you have just played a card game?

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
05-13-2012, 05:14 AM
Find