Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87
RE: [www.nextfrictionalgame.com] Amnesia Discussion

(02-23-2012, 01:40 AM)Dewi Wrote: I don't believe this article has been linked to yet: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/22/buildi...of-amnesi/
It was posted after the one that was linked to a few pages ago.

Either way, I think FG is keeping a close eye on the development. In my opinion, we shouldn't worry about it being a "walking simulator" at all!
The only thing that worries me is that they changed the gameplay. Then again, I've never liked it when things I love change, while it works out well at times.
This sweet we went down in history more or less Big Grin

______

What are the system requirements do you think? :/

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2012, 01:48 AM by darkely.)
02-23-2012, 01:47 AM
Find
Nyarlathotep Offline

Threads: 2

TheChineseRoom is a brilliant choice for this. Dear Esther was a very impressive game. Sure, walking/exploration was the only actual gameplay element... It's an experimental title. I felt DE was no less immersive than a game like Amnesia. It had a creepy/unsettling atmosphere, great acting and writing, beautiful music and environments...

Korsakovia was a more gameplay heavy mod they'd made as well. Again, brilliant writing and music. A remake of that on the level of Dear Esther's would make for an amazing game. You guys need to give them a chance, you haven't seen what they can do when working on an actual commercial title outside of Dear Esther. Which, is what it is. It's not pretentious - if you want that, go look at Tale of Tales' library.
02-23-2012, 01:49 AM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I can see where the negativity is coming from... I have only seen reviews of Dear Esther and the only thing I can give it praise for is its beautiful landscapes and graphics etc. Which is something which FG's games so far have lacked.

Atmosphere of Amnesia + Puzzles of Penumbra + Beautiful scenary of Dear Esther = Promising.

[Image: luv.gif]
02-23-2012, 01:50 AM
Find
Sebatiger Offline

Threads: 9

The Chinese room will do a great job if they are developing it. Dear Esther wasn't even made to be creepy and yet it was. If they try to actually make a "scary" game, it might even be more scary then what FG can do. Might be. (probably not lol)
02-23-2012, 01:51 AM
Find
GetAgrippa Offline

Threads: 2

(02-23-2012, 01:40 AM)Dewi Wrote: I don't believe this article has been linked to yet: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/22/buildi...of-amnesi/
It was posted after the one that was linked to a few pages ago.

Either way, I think FG is keeping a close eye on the development. In my opinion, we shouldn't worry about it being a "walking simulator" at all!
The only thing that worries me is that they changed the gameplay. Then again, I've never liked it when things I love change, while it works out well at times.
This article makes me very happy. The fact that Frictional thinks that they can top Amnesia should put all of us mortals on edge. I am now BEYOND excited! GIVE US MORE, FRICTIONAL!

If Fate frowns, we all perish.
02-23-2012, 01:56 AM
Find
TheGrandHero Offline

Threads: 0

From the interview:
Quote:At its core, A Machine for Pigs follows the same terror-inducing principles as the first, but changes the gameplay to keep things fresh for veterans. "People going in will not know what to expect," Grip says, noting that elements from The Dark Descent have been ripped out of the game, and new ones have been added. Neither will budge on details, only to say it remains a first-person horror title.
This actually makes me excited and all the more eager to see what they've got. Changing things up as far as gameplay goes not only keeps the series fresh, it also makes sure--as they mentioned--that you don't know what to expect going in. You don't know the "rules" of the game from the get-go, so you won't know what they're going to throw at you.
02-23-2012, 02:20 AM
Find
TaCTiCaLxReFLeX Offline

Threads: 6

http://www.nextfrictionalgame.com/ the picture is finally clear!!! yesss! cant wait!!!
02-23-2012, 03:28 AM
Find
dph314 Offline

Yeah it has been for a bit.
When's interview getting posted? Or has it already?
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2012, 03:48 AM by dph314.)
02-23-2012, 03:47 AM
Find
TheGrandHero Offline

(02-23-2012, 03:47 AM)dph314 Wrote: Yeah it has been for a bit.

When's interview getting posted? Or has it already?
Check the second Joystiq article linked above.
02-23-2012, 03:56 AM
Find
dph314 Offline

!!!!! So excited. They'll be disappointed if there's not as many freak-out you tube videos of the new game as Amnesia had? Godamn it sounds like they really tried to go extremely above and beyond the horror bar that Amnesia TDD set. (It's so awesome to have to write "TDD" now to distinguish which Amnesia I'm talking about! Big Grin) .
So, in the article they said "But it's doing quite a few things that mean players won't be able to play it like Amnesia". I wonder what this could possibly mean? I can't wait to see what they're talking about, all the new things that were added to the engine/gameplay.

And why is it being set in the same universe? I mean, I think that's great and all, but it's 60 years later, and doesn't have anything to do with TDD's story right? Is there something to having it in the same universe if the plot is completely different and there's no connection to the first one?
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2012, 04:27 AM by dph314.)
02-23-2012, 04:24 AM
Find