Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
graykin Offline

Threads: 12
RE: [www.nextfrictionalgame.com] Amnesia Discussion

(02-24-2012, 06:54 PM)T_Neumann Wrote: Not sure any of us are in a position to question or even worse, criticize, FG for any decisions they wish to do. What do we know exactly about the collaboration ; hardly anything. I have doubts FG would 'sell their soul' and all their ideas to another developer, or that it automatically means that FG games will never be the same again, and it certainly doesn't mean that FG games are now going to turn into a new version of an exploration game that one of you hated.

It's all conjecture and baseless at this point.

I trust FG explicitly, they know what to do with horror games, that much is shown by what they have released so far. I wouldn't hold that candle up to every developer, particularly those that have a budget at least 15x as big. So therefore I have no reason to doubt anything until I see more.
This.

I think people need to chill-out until we get something concrete from them. Speculation can be fun, but there's no possible reason for anyone to be all "doom and gloom" at this point.

02-24-2012, 07:08 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

I didn't know there were so many people closed to innovations.
I think I'll go back to live under my good ol' rock.

02-24-2012, 07:26 PM
Website Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(02-24-2012, 07:26 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: I didn't know there were so many people closed to innovations.
Yeah, like the people at thechineseroom!

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
02-24-2012, 07:47 PM
Website Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Quote:If you don't like to work, then don't do it.

Yeah, people are so flat these days.
I can't say if you are being sarcastic or just really ignorant. If you are going to use that tone, don't post things against me, it won't be worth it. Good day.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
02-24-2012, 07:51 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(02-24-2012, 07:51 PM)nackidno Wrote: I can't say if you are being sarcastic or just really ignorant. If you are going to use that tone, don't post things against me, it won't be worth it. Good day.

I'm none of them, my friend!
I just represent epic games, you know.
And to have a new developer is frustrating by default. Of course, FG is watching the development, but the game lies in the hands of other people and I really doubt they have the skills to make a typical FG game.
I've also fear that the game will be too short after playing Dear Esther and reading about a release this year.
I'm not ignorant, but I really ignore some genres of games.
Good day also.

edit
Don't think I only see some negative in this project. I love FG for their work. But an other developer means to have an other game, different from the others. And at now, I can't believe that the next Amnesia will be same good as The Dark Descent or Penumbra series. Nothing against the devs, but other devs means other games.

We really have too less information about this game. We need some ingame scenes to take a glance.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2012, 08:10 PM by Googolplex.)
02-24-2012, 08:01 PM
Find
imgoneimdead Offline
Señor Member

Threads: 23

(02-23-2012, 02:25 PM)dph314 Wrote:
(02-23-2012, 09:16 AM)Dagrocks Wrote: I was just here a week ago. There was like 12 pages. What happened? Are there more people now? More room to feel less important .-.

You missed a lot. I'd skim through where you left off. Or --->http://fgsarg.wikidot.com/start
kay... But this place... Is like, full...
02-24-2012, 08:20 PM
Find
SquigPie Offline

Threads: 0

The only thing that can make this thread worse is the inevitable religious flamewar.
02-24-2012, 10:00 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(02-24-2012, 08:01 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(02-24-2012, 07:51 PM)nackidno Wrote: I can't say if you are being sarcastic or just really ignorant. If you are going to use that tone, don't post things against me, it won't be worth it. Good day.

I'm none of them, my friend!
I just represent epic games, you know.
And to have a new developer is frustrating by default. Of course, FG is watching the development, but the game lies in the hands of other people and I really doubt they have the skills to make a typical FG game.
I've also fear that the game will be too short after playing Dear Esther and reading about a release this year.
I'm not ignorant, but I really ignore some genres of games.
Good day also.

edit
Don't think I only see some negative in this project. I love FG for their work. But an other developer means to have an other game, different from the others. And at now, I can't believe that the next Amnesia will be same good as The Dark Descent or Penumbra series. Nothing against the devs, but other devs means other games.

We really have too less information about this game. We need some ingame scenes to take a glance.
Your mindset baffles me, if you want Amnesia then play Amnesia. Trying new things, working together, spreading ideas and influence other game developers is what have made the gaming industry what it is today. Innovation is something to cherish, not be afraid of. If you want a game essentially just like Amnesia, then try out some custom stories, there you can find exactly what you are looking for. You may not like the idea of the collaboration, but that won't change one thing.

I also really like how you first complain about the new gameplay (which haven't been seen yet) and then you tell us that we have too little info to draw conclusions. Go figure.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2012, 10:28 PM by eliasfrost.)
02-24-2012, 10:27 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(02-24-2012, 10:27 PM)nackidno Wrote: Your mindset baffles me, if you want Amnesia then play Amnesia. Trying new things, working together, spreading ideas and influence other game developers is what have made the gaming industry what it is today. Innovation is something to cherish, not be afraid of. If you want a game essentially just like Amnesia, then try out some custom stories, there you can find exactly what you are looking for. You may not like the idea of the collaboration, but that won't change one thing.

I also really like how you first complain about the new gameplay (which haven't been seen yet) and then you tell us that we have too little info to draw conclusions. Go figure.
Listen, there was a guy in the EA forums who said I should not criticize a game what isn't just released.

It was NFS The Run. And now, it is released and what did they made of it? A piece of crap!
When Amnesia 2 is released it's too late to criticize. And I don't say the game is bad!
Some people just aren't able to understand that. Dodgy

Are you a guy without critics?
When you read the next Amnesia will be a flamethrower monster blaster, then it also is no matter for you?
Because there is no gameplay video?

02-24-2012, 11:24 PM
Find
soulsweeper Offline

Threads: 0

The way I understood the interview, gameplay changes are introduced so that Amnesia: TDD veterans won't be able to use the same old tricks to avoid the danger and beat the game smoothly. And that's the good thing, because thorough understanding of mechanics means you can exploit it, and that makes the game considerably less scary.

Nothing I've read so far makes me wary of the new Amnesia - quite the contrary, I'm really lookin forward to it.
02-24-2012, 11:25 PM
Find