Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Machine for pigs trailer out :D

@Saffire192

If you wana post your thoughts, check this thread out if you haven't: http://frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-...#pid145320

Think A Little, Change A Lot
06-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Find
hainesftw Offline

Threads: 0
RE: [www.nextfrictionalgame.com] Amnesia Discussion

Stoked. Watched the trailer as it went live - must say, I enjoyed the quick flash of the Grunt with the "BOO!" as the trailer appeared. I'm very impressed with how the game looks, and can't wait for it to come out. Pigmanmonster could be quite scary, because pigs are horrible and disgusting and make the worst noises you could possibly imagine.

Then again, they could slow the pig squeal down to half-speed and get a deep, disturbing sound.
06-15-2012, 03:02 PM
Find
imgoneimdead Offline
Señor Member

Threads: 23

Pffft, Too many of you are busy thinking that this is exactly how the finished game will be when It's coming out into October Tongue
06-15-2012, 03:09 PM
Find
PrinceCola Offline

Threads: 8

(06-15-2012, 03:09 PM)Dagrocks Wrote: Pffft, Too many of you are busy thinking that this is exactly how the finished game will be when It's coming out into October Tongue
I don't want to wait that long Undecided
06-15-2012, 03:12 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83

(06-15-2012, 03:12 PM)NoName Wrote:
(06-15-2012, 03:09 PM)Dagrocks Wrote: Pffft, Too many of you are busy thinking that this is exactly how the finished game will be when It's coming out into October Tongue
I don't want to wait that long Undecided
I'm sure Frictional Games will post more trailers and such to help pass the time.
06-15-2012, 04:24 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
Monsters of Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs

This thread will serve to discuss any monsters known in the Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs (or AAMP for short). To give an idea on what I mean, I will start. Below is a category example of AAMP Monster discussion topics...

1: Monster Rarity
2: Monster Intelligence
3: Monster Stats
4: Monster Appearance

For now, I'll start with the rarity.

Monster Rarity

Penumbra (Overture and Black Plague) and Amnesia The Dark Descent (or ATDD) both had a variety of monsters, each more seen than the other. A pattern can be seen between the two games (as shown below).

Strongest Monster: The Grey Rock Worm from Penumbra and the Brute from ATDD shared many traits. Both could kill you in one strike, both were rarely seen in comparison to the other monsters, and both were physically better than the others. For the Worm, it was sheer amount of health. The Brute, however, had a huge amount of regeneration aiding him. Even though the Grunt shares the same health and regeneration amount, he can't kill a Brute due to his attacks being less than the regeneration speed. As seen between the Brute and Worm, the strongest monster can be any size and its physical powers can be greater or equal to the other monsters in their games.

Common Monster: The monster most averagely seen is a bit weaker than the strongest, yet still tough enough to be a serious problem for you. The Grunt of ATDD, the Dog and Tuurngait Infected from Penumbra (Overture and Black Plague respectively) fit this category. They were regularly seen throughout the game play and were quite dangerous. The common monster, as seen with these three, can be anything in terms of size and if it's humanoid or not.

Annoying Monster: This category defines the weakest monster in terms of physical strengths and rarity. They are more common than the strongest monster, yet not as regularly seen as the common monster. They are also quite troublesome when one or more are around you, but you can usually escape it easier than the common monsters. Penumbra: Overture had Spiders while ATDD had Water Horror/Kaernk. Spiders had weak attacks and low healths, but comes in swarms. Kaernks can usually be easily avoided by leaving the water or actually being killed as they have no regeneration.

Now that we've defined the Monster Rarity, it would be comparing the Pig-like monster from AAMP into this category. Right now it's a bit early to tell for certain, but we can guess. My guess, seeing that you can travel outside, I would assume something bigger is lurking outside while the Pig Monster is inside... so I think he's a Common Monster. Now what is the big, strong monster I'm not sure, but big enough to roam the streets.

PS: This is my 200th post! Cool

EDIT: Rechecked the regeneration speeds for Brute and Grunt. While both have 100 max regeneration health, they recharge it by 5 points at a time. The outcome of a Grunt (30-60 dmg) vs Brute (50-120 dmg) would still, in most cases, be the Brute. The Brute can still deal more damage than the Grunt per swing.
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2012, 05:42 PM by The Rock Worm.)
06-15-2012, 04:59 PM
Find
Tapetenmetzger Offline

Threads: 0

Very nice trailer (especially regarding music and sound in general (kudos to Mr. Justice!), + I've to admit I'm pleased to see some outdoor areas).

Keep up the great work so that even guys like me, who really like pigs and find nothing frightening or disgusting about them or the noises they make, shit their pants when they play the game!
06-15-2012, 05:02 PM
Website Find
Gharren Offline

Threads: 1

Can't wait to see the piggeh-monsters penis, lol. Big Grin

I'm a werewolf. Meow.
-----------
The Beauty of Nature.
-----------
06-15-2012, 05:04 PM
Website Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Monsters of Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs

(06-15-2012, 04:59 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: Now that we've defined the Monster Rarity, it would be comparing the Pig-like monster from AAMP into this category. Right now it's a bit early to tell for certain, but we can guess. My guess, seeing that you can travel outside, I would assume something bigger is lurking outside while the Pig Monster is inside... so I think he's a Common Monster. Now what is the big, strong monster I'm not sure, but big enough to roam the streets.
They haven't even released a proper trailer yet, and you're already speculating what the number, type and frequency of the enemies will be (when we haven't even seen any enemy yet)? More than a bit premature.

EDIT: I also disagree that the Kaernks are the "annoying special enemy" you make them out to be. In fact, they are the strongest enemy in my opinion. Yes, you can jump on boxes to be safe, but when you are in their domain (the water), you are fucked (like being in the home of Mind Flayers). Running away from the Brutes in game is almost impossible but that's just because of the areas you encounter them in. You can still close doors and hide from normal enemies, and be relatively safe if you act quickly enough. But with Kaernks, if you are in the water they know you're there and there is no escape. Plus, you only really encounter a Kaernk once; the Kaernk in the well and the one that sometimes walks around in the Cistern (but doesn't come after you) don't count. So why aren't those the Strongest Monster, like the Rock Worm that only appears twice?
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2012, 05:24 PM by Bridge.)
06-15-2012, 05:14 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs teaser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5-28vunL...re=g-all-u

!!
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2012, 05:18 PM by Rapture.)
06-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Find