Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

Bridge, Amnesia sold 2 million copies, Penumbra also sold many times. A production costs about 360'000 dollars, let AMFP cost a half million dollar.
That's nothing compared to the profit they did with Amnesia TDD.
01-04-2013, 07:34 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(01-04-2013, 07:34 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Bridge, Amnesia sold 2 million copies, Penumbra also sold many times. A production costs about 360'000 dollars, let AMFP cost a half million dollar.
That's nothing compared to the profit they did with Amnesia TDD.

And what if they have thus far spent the profits unwisely? Or the government decided to raise their taxes? Or thechineseroom have exceeded their budget? All I'm saying is: instead of making sweeping statements with no basis in any kind of truth, take into account that things can go wrong and allow for that. You don't know anything about the production side of AMFP.
01-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

(01-04-2013, 07:48 PM)Bridge Wrote: And what if they have thus far spent the profits unwisely? Or the government decided to raise their taxes? Or thechineseroom have exceeded their budget? All I'm saying is: instead of making sweeping statements with no basis in any kind of truth, take into account that things can go wrong and allow for that. You don't know anything about the production side of AMFP.

And what when they won in a lottery?
I'm sure, they wouldn't throw away their money! And if thechineseroom need more budget, it's a klax.

I don't know anything about the production side, but I know something about logics.
01-04-2013, 08:06 PM
Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

Well, they did make a blog post in September in which they basically announced that they now have a crapload of money. So unless they spent it all in these several months, it's pretty reasonable to think that they're quite financially stable. Tongue

^(;,;)^
01-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(01-04-2013, 08:14 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: Well, they did make a blog post in September in which they basically announced that they now have a crapload of money. So unless they spent it all in these several months, it's pretty reasonable to think that they're quite financially stable. Tongue

Personally, I don't read the blog because I have better things to do (not to impugn anyone who does - I waste my time in other ways). I'm just fed up with Googolplex airing his (often naive) opinions and observations as facts. The fact that they were in good financial standing 4 months ago does not mean that "Frictional Games also doesn't need the money "now", they have enough money that the release can wait." I just don't think he is qualified to make such an assurance.
01-04-2013, 08:41 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

Guess who's reading this thread

listen to boards of canada
01-04-2013, 08:48 PM
Website Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(01-04-2013, 03:40 AM)Statyk Wrote: Guys, they'll let you know when they get it, I'm sure they're not sitting there waiting for someone to ask before giving a 100% release date. All they have said was "early 2012". Be patient, they'll updates us when they're ready.

>2012
Statyk go to bed. Don't be so hard on yourself.

(01-04-2013, 09:00 AM)jens Wrote: Sorry, that is not a release date . The moddb date has not been set by us.
Any official statements this month regarding the release?

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
01-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

(01-04-2013, 08:41 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(01-04-2013, 08:14 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: Well, they did make a blog post in September in which they basically announced that they now have a crapload of money. So unless they spent it all in these several months, it's pretty reasonable to think that they're quite financially stable. Tongue

Personally, I don't read the blog because I have better things to do (not to impugn anyone who does - I waste my time in other ways). I'm just fed up with Googolplex airing his (often naive) opinions and observations as facts. The fact that they were in good financial standing 4 months ago does not mean that "Frictional Games also doesn't need the money "now", they have enough money that the release can wait." I just don't think he is qualified to make such an assurance.

Yeah, people stating their opinion as fact is a pet peeve of mine, too. I know I shouldn't bother caring, but I still sometimes get pretty frustrated reading some of the stuff here. Tongue

^(;,;)^
01-04-2013, 08:55 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

(01-04-2013, 08:41 PM)Bridge Wrote: Personally, I don't read the blog because I have better things to do (not to impugn anyone who does - I waste my time in other ways). I'm just fed up with Googolplex airing his (often naive) opinions and observations as facts. The fact that they were in good financial standing 4 months ago does not mean that "Frictional Games also doesn't need the money "now", they have enough money that the release can wait." I just don't think he is qualified to make such an assurance.

Perhaps you should read some more to get informed before trolling here what you mean and bash other users who know a bit more than you.
01-04-2013, 11:04 PM
Find
Stayler Offline

Threads: 0

Here's what they said in one of there blog posts.
(Taking all sales together is ''more'' than enough to support the company, financing A Machine For Pigs)

If anyone is interested.
http://frictionalgames.blogspot.com.br/2...later.html
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2013, 11:57 PM by Stayler.)
01-04-2013, 11:51 PM
Find