Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(02-20-2013, 12:34 AM)DogFood Wrote:
(02-19-2013, 11:36 PM)EnderShorts Wrote: Not sure if this has been discussed already but I read in an interview that there will be no inventory in this game. What are you fellas' thoughts?

how are we going to refill out lantern ? Smile

Maybe by pressing 'R'? [Reload]

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
02-20-2013, 01:11 AM
Find
Diz Offline

Threads: 4

(02-20-2013, 12:34 AM)DogFood Wrote: how are we going to refill out lantern ? Smile

As far as the lantern goes, is it not battery-powered with a switch on the side? =O

But yush, I think I read somewhere that A Machine For Pigs might focus more on interacting with physical objects than storing things in an inventory. A shame, as peeking into the inventory screen would give us a chance to breathe, and if that screen is no more, we no longer have any excuse to "pause" the game. This is going to make things feel much more real-time and terrifying, for sure! Big Grin

... and if that is the case, imagine if reading notes no longer pauses the gameplay. Things happening in real-time around you while reading notes. For instance, imagine reading an important note, and while doing so, you hear noises, or perhaps even something approaching. That would be so freaky, having to put away the note and act. I used to feel so safe whenever I found notes in The Dark Descent. No more ...!

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
02-20-2013, 01:15 AM
Find
Spaceman Offline

Threads: 1

(02-20-2013, 01:15 AM)Diz Wrote:
(02-20-2013, 12:34 AM)DogFood Wrote: how are we going to refill out lantern ? Smile

As far as the lantern goes, is it not battery-powered with a switch on the side? =O

But yush, I think I read somewhere that A Machine For Pigs might focus more on interacting with physical objects than storing things in an inventory. A shame, as peeking into the inventory screen would give us a chance to breathe, and if that screen is no more, we no longer have any excuse to "pause" the game. This is going to make things feel much more real-time and terrifying, for sure! Big Grin

... and if that is the case, imagine if reading notes no longer pauses the gameplay. Things happening in real-time around you while reading notes. For instance, imagine reading an important note, and while doing so, you hear noises, or perhaps even something approaching. That would be so freaky, having to put away the note and act. I used to feel so safe whenever I found notes in The Dark Descent. No more ...!

Oh god... I'm trying to imagine what it'll be like running through an area equivalent to Storage... having to carry the rods IN HAND while running, dropping it to open doors, and picking it back up again...

[Image: tumblr_meuosnsjDw1s01xwto1_500.gif]
02-20-2013, 02:28 AM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

To be honest, my heart sunk when I read about the Q2 release. But, whatever they need to give us a good game. If the game's going to be better in a couple months (which it will be) then it would be if they were to release it now, it's worth the wait.

To those who hate waiting, system shock 2, which one of the greatest predecessors to modern horror games, is finally available to purchase again:
http://www.gog.com/gamecard/system_shock_2
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2013, 02:35 AM by bluel0bster.)
02-20-2013, 02:34 AM
Find
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7

I was quite excited about it coming out sometime in Q1, but then I read about Q2 and thought: Meh, I'll just forget about it for a while. That's how I felt when they pushed it back from Halloween to Q1 2013. At least they're taking their time, in the end it makes for a more enjoyable game.
02-20-2013, 03:24 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Quote: Oh god... I'm trying to imagine what it'll be like running through an
area equivalent to Storage... having to carry the rods IN HAND while
running, dropping it to open doors, and picking it back up again...
If we ever have to carry multiple items like that, there probably is an inventory system(Albeit, one we cannot manually access) to help. Could you imagine carrying those rods all the way to the machine room, then backtracking?

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
02-20-2013, 03:30 AM
Find
Nyarlathotep Offline

Threads: 2

The wait's a bummer. But the re-release of System Shock 2 and the upcoming retail remake of Slender will hold me over in the meantime.

Anyone here check out Slender: The Arrival, by the way? I wasn't a big fan of the original at all, but the full game actually sounds promising.
02-20-2013, 05:22 AM
Find
Tesseract Offline

Threads: 7

(02-20-2013, 05:22 AM)Nyarlathotep Wrote: The wait's a bummer. But the re-release of System Shock 2 and the upcoming retail remake of Slender will hold me over in the meantime.

Anyone here check out Slender: The Arrival, by the way? I wasn't a big fan of the original at all, but the full game actually sounds promising.

I might play Bioshock Infinite to tired me over I think.
Ugh, I'm getting sick of how many Slenderman based games that are coming out ಠ_ಠ, Slender wasn't something I could enjoy in an immersive way.
02-20-2013, 05:28 AM
Find
Dr. Swinestein Offline

Threads: 0

"...It seemed as if whatever movement there was, it was very slow, but it felt as if its speed was entirely the same all the way. It did not feel like it was something walking, no, it felt as if something actually rolled or as if attached to some sort of machine. A few seconds later, I am sure I saw the exact same thing somewhere else, moving silently away in the same speed without actually looking like it was walking. This might be a machine, a creature or simply my silly mind. Once I picked up on that detail though ... it totally creeped me out!..."

Perhaps that one? ;-)
http://www.etoday.ru/assets_c/2009/11/pi...-66869.jpg

I really wanne know what is the reason for that "turning around" bathtub

http://www.demonews.de/userContent/Video...-HD-/0.jpg

Perhaps a sneaky Trap for getting human flesh? ;-)

Here some very creepy and horrible informations i found that day about our real world dystopic "inventions" in progress... ^^

http://www.google.de/imgres?q=flesh+robo...:429,i:307

reminded me of AAMFP somehow.. Wink
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2013, 05:54 AM by Dr. Swinestein.)
02-20-2013, 05:36 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Quote: Anyone here check out Slender: The Arrival, by the way? I wasn't a big
fan of the original at all, but the full game actually sounds promising.
Saw it, didn't care for it.

It's a Slenderman clone with better graphics. Apparently made by the same people who made the original.

I mean, I love the execution of it, but it's still the same game. Plus it will cost money. Not a good selling point IMO.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
02-20-2013, 05:43 AM
Find