Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia Doesn't Scare Me...
ingedoom Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Amnesia Doesn't Scare Me...

(02-09-2012, 09:32 PM)Vithcommalobsel Wrote: But that doesn't mean it isn't fun as hell. I think the monsters are, dare I say...cute and funny. Please see this video for details.
[video=youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w3npeU_rAk[/video]
This video is BS

[Image: 23778.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2012, 09:29 PM by ingedoom.)
03-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Website Find
aimanfire Offline

Threads: 0

(02-10-2012, 10:30 PM)Vithcommalobsel Wrote:
(02-10-2012, 08:14 PM)Welsh cake Wrote: I dismiss the all too popular "balls of steel" claim on the grounds that you simply haven't immersed yourself in the game properly.

Likewise I CAN play through Silent Hill 2 and not find it eerily disturbing if I don't commit myself seriously to the story and claustrophobic atmosphere.

1. I play the game in the pitch black dark with surround sound headphones and nobody in the house at like 3 in the morning. And yet I still don't find it scary.
2. SH2 isn't scary either.
3. Fatal Frame is fucking scary
If you find Fatal Frame scary, and amnesia not scary, you need help (no offense because i see amnesia much scarier)
03-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Find
TheMadAsshatter Offline

Threads: 1

In my playthrough of Amnesia, I really didn't get scared too much. I mean some parts were startling, but I was probably a bit too cautious to actually be scared of any of the "tense" parts.

VOICE ACTOR
[Image: 4fe2a997c90f7249489943.png]
03-05-2012, 08:19 AM
Find
ingedoom Offline

Threads: 12

(03-05-2012, 08:19 AM)TheMadAsshatter Wrote: In my playthrough of Amnesia, I really didn't get scared too much. I mean some parts were startling, but I was probably a bit too cautious to actually be scared of any of the "tense" parts.
Plz explain; if it wasent scary, then why were you cautious?

[Image: 23778.png]
03-06-2012, 07:16 AM
Website Find
bugmenot Offline

Threads: 21

while playing I haven't jumped even once but i was really scared, it just that i don't react to scary things phisically, but it doesn't make me into someone ho has balls of steal. oh and you said that you were scared only when mob spawned close to you, that means you just want to win the game without being scared but in such moments you just get scared because everything happens very fast and your brain doesn't have time to think that its not real. Like on rollercoaster its real but if you try not to be scared and think that its not real you wont be cared. and when people are on rollercoaster they are screaming+happy because they don't think they are gonna die but still enjoy it. somitimes some people get really scared thats because they think they are gonna die for real. same in amnesia some get scared and have fun. some dont get let themselfs get scared and think they are cool andvery rare people ho literally shit their pants but its still depends how youll let it scare you. like when with my friends i try to look like a boss and dont get scared at all! its like this if your normal you let it scare you or you dont let it scare you 2 options. but if youre a pussy you can only be scared or dont play at all
03-17-2012, 09:14 PM
Find
Amnesiape Offline

Threads: 4

it doesn't scare him, because he watched all the playthroughs of the game!

03-30-2012, 04:34 PM
Website Find
Neophyte Offline

Threads: 1

I don't know what do you want to say with this topic! Everybody has a different Style to play Horror Games! and everybody can Joke with the Grunts! for ex. PewDiePie (is a famous youtuber) plays with Grunts! Brutes! Ok it's a game it's not real life! But play it like a horror game! enjoy the atmosphere, the situation of the game! wear the clothes of the character and!......Do not look amnesia's videos on youtube before play it! Because you can lose the surprise of the situation! (Script) (for ex.in your videos)you knew that the monster would come out! it's evident!
03-31-2012, 02:29 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

I suspect that people who don't at least get disturbed by Amnesia, have malfunctioning frontal lobes. There are genuine psychopaths who play Amnesia too. They take careless riscs because they don't register danger, and relate poorly to the characters (unless they get scared themselves, whereupon they become very aggressive). If PewDiePie isn't a psychopath, I'd be very, VERY surprised.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-04-2012, 03:51 AM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(04-04-2012, 03:51 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: I suspect that people who don't at least get disturbed by Amnesia, have malfunctioning frontal lobes. There are genuine psychopaths who play Amnesia too. They take careless riscs because they don't register danger, and relate poorly to the characters (unless they get scared themselves, whereupon they become very aggressive). If PewDiePie isn't a psychopath, I'd be very, VERY surprised.
PewDiePie a psychopath? how?

I also notice a behavior when my friend is playing where there's a scary part and he just runs RIGHT through it (or into a monster) without seeming to care, but I know that he does get scared and running through it is his way to just, I guess pretend he isn't scared and try to ignore his feelings. It is kinda frustrating when I want to see his reaction to a scary part and he just runs through it like that... but this is off topic lol

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
04-04-2012, 04:31 AM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(04-04-2012, 04:31 AM)Damascus Rose Wrote:
(04-04-2012, 03:51 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: I suspect that people who don't at least get disturbed by Amnesia, have malfunctioning frontal lobes. There are genuine psychopaths who play Amnesia too. They take careless riscs because they don't register danger, and relate poorly to the characters (unless they get scared themselves, whereupon they become very aggressive). If PewDiePie isn't a psychopath, I'd be very, VERY surprised.
PewDiePie a psychopath? how?

I also notice a behavior when my friend is playing where there's a scary part and he just runs RIGHT through it (or into a monster) without seeming to care, but I know that he does get scared and running through it is his way to just, I guess pretend he isn't scared and try to ignore his feelings. It is kinda frustrating when I want to see his reaction to a scary part and he just runs through it like that... but this is off topic lol
There are many signs that PewDiePie is a psychopath. The most obvious is that he doesn't care about the kid in Happy Wheels, that he can interrupt notes about the most grizzly events with "LOL!" because he doesn't care about NPCs, and that he doesn't respect the rules in challenges. While I can't tell how he's really like when nobody is looking, the charm that he puts up is very superficial and careless. I've had relations with at least eight(!) psychopaths, so I know one when I see one.

The sad thing about Amnesia's style of play, is that if you run into and die from a monster, that monster won't respawn. Some players are using this as a conscious tactic to get through the game without having to bother with the monsters.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

04-04-2012, 05:16 AM
Find