Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game crashing map
lamb Offline

Threads: 4
Game crashing map

So I have a map where whenever the player enters another map, or is teleported to one, the game crashes. It says something about a fatal error at atioglxx.dll.

This only happens at this specific map and it doesn't matter which map I try to load into, so there's no problem with the goal map, but with the start map. I'm guessing it's not a scripting error, otherwise it wouldn't let me load the map at all.

However, I have no idea how to fix this or what could be causing the problem. At first I thought it was something to do with the ChangeMap function, but this happens when I enter level doors as well. Basically anytime there's another map to load.

I tried erasing different scripts/functions to see what was causing the problem, but it still prevails no matter what.

Anyone any ideas?
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2012, 11:37 AM by lamb.)
02-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Find
Tripication Offline

Threads: 19
RE: Game crashing map

If you have torrented or pirated the game, that could do the trick. A .dll is a driver file, usually found in system32 and if it is not found in system32, shit goes wrong. But it could be something else, confilcts, missing files. Take a screenshot of the error and the error log at
Documents>Amnesia>Main>hpl.log (at the bottom of the text document)

I did read somewhere that MATRESSES can cause game crashes, but i dont know if it gives an error report.

[Image: speedart__2___yoshimitsu_by_kamofudge-d4yo6kk.png]
02-16-2012, 01:49 PM
Find
lamb Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Game crashing map

Okay so I found loads wrong in my hpl.log and it still doesn't work. I also found two threads with people having the same problem, so sorry for not finding those before. I have the retail version of the game by the way, so it can't be that.

I have decided for now to make the problem map the last map of the game so it doesn't have to deal with changing a map. Everything else works fine, so I don't just want to throw it away.

I just hope this never happens again and I guess I will consider this solved for now.
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2012, 11:38 AM by lamb.)
02-18-2012, 11:36 AM
Find