Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AMNESIA HELP - text to the side, crosshair not moving???
roachkiss Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago AMNESIA HELP - text to the side, crosshair not moving???

nothing different happened with the game on startup, but once i hit continue, it loads as normal, except theres a bunch of text to the site, and when the crosshair goes over something it puts a bunch of white lines on it, and i cant move the crosshair, but i can move with WASD, but cant look around.
and if i edit the settings and try to go back to the game, it crashes.
Also, I don't even see the brute there, but when i put move my crosshair over with WASD, it show's his lines.
I didn't mess with the files at all, except last night i exited it really fast and turned off my computer.
Is there a way I can fix this? thanks.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/0...4q9i40.jpg
02-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: AMNESIA HELP - text to the side, crosshair not moving???

You have developer options enabled, a feature of the game. Hit F1 on the keyboard, and if the debug menu shows up, just tick off any of the check boxes.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
02-19-2012, 08:13 PM
Website Find
roachkiss Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: AMNESIA HELP - text to the side, crosshair not moving???

(02-19-2012, 08:13 PM)Your Computer Wrote: You have developer options enabled, a feature of the game. Hit F1 on the keyboard, and if the debug menu shows up, just tick off any of the check boxes.
When i hit F1, nothing happens.
02-19-2012, 08:22 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Then edit the main_settings.cfg file and make sure LoadDebugMenu equals true and save changes. This file is located at Documents/Amnesia/Main in Windows. Restart the game and try F1 again.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2012, 08:28 PM by Your Computer.)
02-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Website Find
roachkiss Offline

(02-19-2012, 08:28 PM)Your Computer Wrote: Then edit the main_settings.cfg file and make sure LoadDebugMenu equals true and save changes. This file is located at Documents/Amnesia/Main in Windows. Restart the game and try F1 again.
It still doesn't open a menu, it just makes my mouse show up and doesn't let me walk.
02-19-2012, 08:32 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Interesting. Well, this is more of a last resort, but delete the main_settings.cfg file, restart the game and create a new profile in game and use that profile. You should be able to copy over your saves (files that end in .sav) from the old profile to the new profile.

02-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Website Find
TaCTiCaLxReFLeX Offline

Threads: 6

Make sure you dont have 2 amnesia's running at the same time on accident, the same thing happend to me on penumbra until i saw that there were 2 penumbra applications going at the same time
02-20-2012, 01:19 AM
Find
roachkiss Offline

(02-20-2012, 01:19 AM)TaCTiCaLxReFLeX Wrote: Make sure you dont have 2 amnesia's running at the same time on accident, the same thing happend to me on penumbra until i saw that there were 2 penumbra applications going at the same time
I did that, no second amnesias running, and i deleted the main settings file and it still stayed the same.
I copied my save file to the desktop and actually deleted the whole main amnesia folder, and when i loaded my save, it was back to the same stuff. i guess its my save file? i was thinking if i deleted newer saves so it loads to a previous point in the game when this wasn't happening, but doesn't start from the beginning, it might fix it?
02-22-2012, 01:56 AM
Find