Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Save game after worm chase please
fly0phoenix
Unregistered

Tongue  Save game after worm chase please

Hi all.

I'll be the first to admit it - I'm a lazy player and hate timed games. This includes chase scenes too....

Does anyone out there have a save game where they have outrun the big worm, but before they have collected any of the gear? (yeah, I have read through the walkthrough. ) I've only just entered Section C.

I'll probably not bother playing anymore, unless I can get the save game. But I'd love to finish it, as I'm so close to the end, but the idea of being chased by a worm and having to smash things, press buttons and other things just puts me off no end. Smile I'm a Nancy Drew type player.. LOL Just like to solve the puzzles. Wink

Cheers everyone, and thanks in advance. Big Grin
09-16-2007, 12:34 PM
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
RE: Save game after worm chase please

Your in the place where the Worm comes first time?
Just run back there where you came.

09-18-2007, 07:03 PM
Website Find
fly0phoenix
Unregistered

Scraper Wrote:Your in the place where the Worm comes first time?
Just run back there where you came.

Hi Scraper,

No, it's the second time, where you have to smash down planks, close a door, put barrels in goop etc, etc. The first time was pretty easy, and I had plenty of time to stop in the middle of the chasm and watch his slimy butt fall down the hole. LOL

Does the worm move fast? That's my biggest concern, because I'm not very adept at using the physics (can never grab properly - the items don't "dangle" properly) and when I run, I tend to run into walls! Tongue
09-19-2007, 01:10 AM
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

No. It doesn't move very fast.
I wrote Walkthrough for one guy into another Thread. He was in same place than you are...

Scraper Wrote:When you come through the door, and your heart starts to pump, and you walk straight... ...The Worm comes through the roof!

In the screen is text: "I've got seal that door!"
Well, when you come out of the "tunnel" where the Worm is chasing you, turn left.
There is a switch that you'll have to push to seal the door.

After that, you got little time to jump over the first acid pit.
Turn right in the first wooden planks before you do anything else, there is another switch to seal the second door.

After that break the wooden planks and go straight... Jump over the another one with the barrel or break it down too!

After the second wooden planks, there is another acid pit. Jump over it.
Now you supposed to see a door in front of you. Also there is a valve that you'll have to switch around many, many times before you can go through the door. (In this part the Worm comes and eats you if you try to switch the valve)
Well, there is that stone pilar holding the whole roof. Hit it with your Pick Axe...

Now you're finally safe from the Worm and you can peacefully turn the valve and continue your game!

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2007, 01:08 PM by Ano.)
09-19-2007, 01:06 PM
Website Find
fly0phoenix
Unregistered

Ok... I'll give it a shot. Big Grin Maybe I'll ask my 14 year old son to do it for me! LOL He's right into games - but the problem with that is, he might not get off my machine afterwards. Wink

It's on my work machine, which is here with me at work - Might even try it at lunch time! The boss is interstate, so I'm all alone anyway - except for the workers out the back. Think they would notice if I'm playing it when they come in to chat? LOL Tongue
09-20-2007, 04:05 AM
fly0phoenix
Unregistered

I did it.... after 3 tries. It was horrible!! I ended up running through the slime each time. The first time I got eaten at the second lot of wood. The second time I forgot the second door and was on the wrong side of the rock fall. Third times the charm!! (I have the trainer, so no damage was done Tongue)

I finished the game after that, and was a little disappointed in the ending. I am now wishing that I hadn't found this game yet, as I now want to carry on with the second installment... Sad

I've zipped up my save game after the worm chase, if any one wants it. But I won't upload it unless I have a few requests... he he.. I had to work for it.. It's before the chemicals, but it's after the crowbar..
09-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

OK, good to hear that you finally finished it. Smile
Information for the Episode Two can be found in Here!

09-20-2007, 02:53 PM
Website Find
madFive Offline

Threads: 3

I thought this scene was loads of fun! The only thing i didn't like was the way it locks the camera for several seconds at the beginning of it.

Probably took me 5 or 6 tries, but i got thru it eventually - died pretty much once for each step of the puzzle before i figured out how to do the next one, and i never did manage to get all the way thru without tripping into the last acid pool - luckily it doesn't hurt too much if you hop right out.

I think there's an artifact in the room at the end, so you should be able to save there.
10-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

madFive Wrote:I thought this scene was loads of fun!
I think there's an artifact in the room at the end, so you should be able to save there.

Yeah! It was funny place! Smile
And if you wanna try something new with the Worm, try to jump on the fence (that is in the same room than the first sealed door) with barrel and throw dynamites. Worm fears them! Tongue

Yes, there is artifact in the same room than the chemicals.

madFive:

'Cause you liked The Chase scene, I'll give you a summons! Try to get into the chemical storage (or what ever it is) without breaking the stone pilar and without dying into the Worm. Wink
I managed to do that! Tongue But I won't tell it to anyone before someone really tries this out! Smile

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2007, 04:03 PM by Ano.)
10-09-2007, 03:48 PM
Website Find