Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

lets play video - questions
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87
lets play video - questions

I really want to do a lets play video... I have a few questions...

1. How good should my mic. be?
  2. Should I have face cam. for reactions or is it unnecessary?
  3. Tips/pointers?

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2012, 06:47 AM by darkely.)
02-21-2012, 06:34 AM
Find
StudMuffin Offline

Threads: 0
RE: lets play video - questions

(02-21-2012, 06:34 AM)darkely Wrote: I really want to do a lets play video... I have a few questions...

1. How good should my mic. be?
  2. Should I have face cam. for reactions or is it unnecessary?
  3. Tips/pointers?
1. Just make sure it records your voice clearly.
2. Personal choice, some people choose to use them and others choose not too Cry who is my favourite chooses not to and he still gets plenty of views.
3. make sure you keep talking even if it is irrelevant.
be prepared for trolls and possibly hard criticism and you will need a lot of determination as it wont be easy getting lots of views.

Good luck! (if you go through with it)
02-21-2012, 08:11 AM
Find
trollox Offline

Threads: 16

Also don't try to ask like pewdiepew , be original. I'd love to watch your first lets play.

trollox.
02-21-2012, 12:26 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Yeah indeed, it takes charisma and a personality that can actually stand constantly talking. I see way too many people on youtube running around going - OOOH MISTER CHAIR! STEPHANO! OoOOoooh~ I R FUNNY.
02-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Ok thanks guys Big Grin I need to think of which game (custom story) to do first. I am going to do it at 3am I tend to be more loose than Tongue.

02-22-2012, 10:01 PM
Find
trollox Offline

Threads: 16

Good luck mate. I'd love to give you some critisism on what i thought about it.

Trollox.
02-22-2012, 11:05 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Use the right software too. If you don't already know much about some good software then...

Fraps to record (very likely you know already)
Audacity to record audio (Not necessary but can save time having to convert files etc.)
Sony Vegas (has everything that anyone could ever hope for making lets plays)

You'll want to have a decent mic anyways, but you can use Audacity to remove noise...

I think having facecams can make scary moments funnier seeing peoples actual reactions etc. But you're gonna want to have a decent quality webcam and probably end up having to buy more software to record it.

I've noticed recently that there are LOTS of Amnesia LP'ers. And a lot of them struggle to get hardly any attention at all. People like PewDie, Cry, Morfar, will probably dominate the Amnesia scene for a while, and other big youtubers are trying out Amnesia such as ChrisArchie (one of the most famous RuneScape Youtubers) So it is probably harder than ever to break onto the scene if thats what you're aiming for.

All these big youtubers that play Amnesia also have different styles. Which is why some people prefer them to others. Its all about personality, and if you haven't got a good one then its going to be tough. That is the one thing putting me off making commentaries, knowing I don't have a entertaining personality. People say you should always be yourself. I kind of disagree, its okay to try something different but just don't lose yourself as it is easy to spot when people are acting.

If you are bound for lots of fans then you'll also be bound to find a few haters and trolls etc. Trolls are trolls and shouldn't be taken seriously, haters will always be there and should just be ignored.

Long post I know but meh, not like I have to wake up early tomorr- Oh shit >_<

[Image: luv.gif]
02-23-2012, 02:09 AM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Well for software I am using bandicam which is very good - my only problem with it is it makes the game lag a little bit however the quality is very good.
Sound I am using audacity beta.
Video editing software I am using PowerDirector 9

As for a face cam I have a ps2 eyetoy hooked up and it has very good quality (it was $4 at gamestop lol) and software for it - drivers were easily found and PowerDirectror can record it.

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2012, 02:28 AM by darkely.)
02-23-2012, 02:23 AM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Fraps is designed to reduce lag to the minimum and was made specifically for fullscreen recordings. So if you happen to want to buy it then it would be a great choice... Or you may have a friend who already has it and he could help you out (wink wink Tongue)

Hmm, i'll have to look into PowerDirector...

[Image: luv.gif]
02-23-2012, 04:52 PM
Find