Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Cry of Fear
Kazakarumariou Away
An angry man.

Threads: 8
RE: Cry of Fear

The "View New Posts" is getting lonely. I better bump this thread and people better fucking respond more. This mod is amazing and you guys are making it sounds like pewdiepie shit. Who played the 1.5.5 patch and the new campaings? Who here got the unlockables or any of the special endings? The 5th ending is funny who else got that one? Who here unlocked the Famas or the book?
10-06-2012, 03:28 AM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(10-06-2012, 03:28 AM)Harthex Wrote: The "View New Posts" is getting lonely. I better bump this thread and people better fucking respond more. This mod is amazing and you guys are making it sounds like pewdiepie shit. Who played the 1.5.5 patch and the new campaings? Who here got the unlockables or any of the special endings? The 5th ending is funny who else got that one? Who here unlocked the Famas or the book?
That's because it is pewdiepie shit. It's a one-dimensional shooter where ugly things jump out suddenly and run directly toward you, one or two at a time.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
10-06-2012, 04:07 AM
Website Find
Kazakarumariou Away
An angry man.

(10-06-2012, 04:07 AM)Sexbad Wrote:
(10-06-2012, 03:28 AM)Harthex Wrote: asfasf
That's because it is pewdiepie shit. It's a one-dimensional shooter where ugly things jump out suddenly and run directly toward you, one or two at a time.

Brainwashed by the frictional games forums.... This is no PewDiePie game, this is a mod that was worked on for 4 years for a normal person's horror experience. PewDiePie played it and made it stand out to most people. So instantly, the users of this forum conclude this is a awful shit game that hasn't been worked on.

Usually a pewdiepie map or game is rushed and its a 1 dimesional shooter where ugly things pop out and run towards you.

Also I don't understand if this is PDP shit then why isn't the Amnesia game? Not one custom campaign was made for PDP in CoF. You and I both know that in Amnesia... You get the point. I really don't want to create a negative reputation for me, but if Defending probably the best mod for no reason gets people hating me, so be it.
10-06-2012, 04:26 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I'm gonna have to go with Sexbad on this one. Personally I did enjoy it, but with that said it's not scary in the slightest. You enter a map, a monster at the end of the hall goes "EEERRUUUHRUWUWRU" and then runs at you, and then you shoot at it a bunch. And then repeat that, for like the entire game. On top of that, the story's almost non-existent for all of it but the last 10 minutes. Like I said, I did actually enjoy it, but I don't think it's as amazing as you and a lot of other people make it out to be, and it most certainly can't be compared with Amnesia.

Also on the note of "there not being any maps for PewDiePie"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...hOkc#t=78s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...Okc#t=296s

I'm sure they're just there for decoration.

Posting Freak
10-06-2012, 04:43 AM
Website Find
Kazakarumariou Away
An angry man.

(10-06-2012, 04:43 AM)Kman Wrote: IM JUST GONNA SHORTEN THIS SHIT
I'm sure they're just there for decoration.

If the devs of Cry of Fear used the engine used for this then the game would be ... You get the point.

"You enter a map, a monster at the end of the hall goes "EEERRUUUHRUWUWRU" and then runs at you, and then you shoot at it a bunch. And then repeat that, for like the entire game"
Please explain more...

"on top of that, the story's almost non-existent for all of it but the last 10 minutes."
Play the game a second time, This is probably why you don't think of it as good as others think.

This is probably a FIRST for it.
This was released on the first day modding SDK came out, this isn't a PewdiePie map from what I remember. Only haters would use a first against something on the internet.
10-06-2012, 05:20 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Well, almost every monster encounter in it was either 1. a monster running up to you from a direction you're not facing and screaming at you and attacking 2. a monster that's in plain view when you enter the area which then screams and attacks you or 3. a monster that pops out from a hiding space when you activate its script and screams and attacks you. Other than a few select encounters (the Saw Runner or the bosses) that pretty much sums up all of the encounters in it, and I'm sorry but I'd hardly consider that scary.

I actually did play through it multiple times to get the different endings out of curiosity, and I still stand by what I said. There's barely any connection to the story throughout the mod aside from the scene with Sofie and the scene with the Doctor, and even then those scenes aren't tied into the story until the the very end of the game. The most it offers story-wise for the rest of it is just "I don't know what's going on and I need to get home. Oh and I hate life and want to kill myself".

Also, even if most of the maps aren't specifically made for PewDiePie, I still don't think they're much better than PewDiePie custom stories. From what I've seen the majority of them revolve around those 3 scare tactics I mentioned up there along with throwing in a lot more Saw Runners, chase sequences, and jumpscares (though, to be fair, I'm basing this off what I saw of the first two sets of user made maps. For all I know they could have gotten a million times better in the latest patch, but by that point I'd lost interest in them).

Posting Freak
10-06-2012, 05:52 AM
Website Find
Kazakarumariou Away
An angry man.

(10-06-2012, 05:52 AM)Kman Wrote: THIS SHIT IS TOO LONG TO BE QUTOEEDA PROEPRELY
I really want to explain the story line to you but I think it's too much spoiling. The story line really connects to it if you realize what simon is actually doing. Also play the new custom map the Community Collab 2
10-06-2012, 06:03 AM
Find