Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help with custom story!
pandasFTW Offline

Threads: 21
need help with custom story!

Hi!
so basically, i aint very good at scripting, so what i really need is some of you guys to help me with some stuff! i already got locked doors with keys and such... i looked that up on the wiki Smile i also got how to make level doors and enemies spawn and follow a path... there are some other stuff that i think i know too... but i really need help to make a note! because i think there is something wrong with my .lang file... in the start i only had the name and description for my key, and then i make the note... and when get into the game, both the items appear blank... but when i remove the code for the note... they key works again...
i also need to know how to make scary noises like footsteps and such...
please respond!
thanks Smile
02-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48
RE: need help with custom story!

Can you post your .lang file?

02-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Find
jessehmusic Offline

Threads: 102

(02-23-2012, 02:12 PM)pandasFTW Wrote: Hi!
so basically, i aint very good at scripting, so what i really need is some of you guys to help me with some stuff! i already got locked doors with keys and such... i looked that up on the wiki Smile i also got how to make level doors and enemies spawn and follow a path... there are some other stuff that i think i know too... but i really need help to make a note! because i think there is something wrong with my .lang file... in the start i only had the name and description for my key, and then i make the note... and when get into the game, both the items appear blank... but when i remove the code for the note... they key works again...
i also need to know how to make scary noises like footsteps and such...
please respond!
thanks Smile

Please Link your Lang and hps Wink

http://www.moddb.com/mods/jessehmusic - Hospital of horror , WIP
02-29-2012, 05:24 PM
Website Find
Datguy5 Offline

Threads: 25

If you want to make a note check this tutorial http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tut...omakenotes

02-29-2012, 06:51 PM
Find
Stepper321 Offline

Threads: 26

These script functions are a great step for scripting: Engine scripts [Frictional Game Wiki] There you can see script functions to put in there Big Grin (remember don't put the void there.)

Signature to awesome to be displayed.
03-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Find