Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra Collection Graphics Bugs
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Penumbra Collection Graphics Bugs

Hello y'all, i'm having the following graphical glitches in all the penumbra games (bought the Penumbra collection at Best Buy) alongside annoying FPS (will also enclose the log):

Screenshot with bloom and shaders on high
(yes, that's a picture, if you look real closely you can see the grainy bits)

Bloom off, shaders high with the flashlight on

Bloom off, shaders high, standing in the dark before nightvision

Bloom off, shaders high, standing in the dark after nightvision kicks in

I know how to ''fix'' it (turning off bloom and putting the shaders on medium and for the FPS turning off a few settings) but I should be able to run it maxed out and it's patched. Besides that I have pored over the FAQ's, threads in this forum and others, experimented, reinstalled the game and patch numerous times and same thing.
''Funnier'' still is that I have noticed the change in the ''date modified'' area of the exe but with or without the patch it does the same things and runs the same way.

My specs:

[
Processor & Chipset
Processor Manufacturer: Intel
Processor Type: Core i5
Processor Model: i5-2450M
Processor Speed: 2.50 GHz
Processor Core: Dual-core (2 Core)
Cache: 3 MB

Memory
Standard Memory: 4 GB
Maximum Memory: 8 GB
Memory Technology: DDR3 SDRAM
Memory Standard: DDR3-1066/PC3-8500

Display & Graphics
Screen Size: 14"
Display Screen Type: Active Matrix TFT Color LCD
Display Screen Technology: CineCrystal
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Screen Mode: WXGA
Backlight Technology: LED
Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768
Graphics Controller Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Graphics Controller Model: GeForce GT 540M
Graphics Memory Capacity: 1 GB
Graphics Memory Accessibility: Dedicated

Software
Operating System: Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
Operating System Architecture: 64-bit]

I can run S.T.A.L.K.E.R complete (latest version) on max with a tolerable FPS (should turn graphics a bit off so I can get better FPS now that I think about it) and Ages Of Empires 3 on max, so i'm pretty sure it's not my laptop.

I want to run it max, use my laptop's horsepower so to speak, so not being able to experience Penumbra as it should annoys me, I feel petty about it but still. Is there any fix? There are three segments/areas in the log that look obviously screwed up. So far, it just seems like an issue that was never resolved.

Also, it's interesting how I had the *same* issues with an old Acer desktop (with a demo) and now with a much better performing Acer Laptop (full collection).

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 13.58 KB / Downloads: 96)
(This post was last modified: 02-29-2012, 04:41 AM by Cuyir.)
02-24-2012, 06:08 PM
Find