Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Machine is real -attention! sadly emotions!
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: The Machine is real -attention! sadly emotions!

(02-26-2012, 02:39 PM)Hardarm Wrote: If you find a video called: "Farm to Fridge" or something like that, don't watch it. It's for your own good.

I watched the video, you get me crying.

How can people do that? I swear, I would shoot all the people who worked there.
Don't they have any feelings about the animals, no love?
This is not only for money and meat. It seems like they have fun to torture the animals.
Animals not needed to torture to get their meat. The workers are humans without a heart.
I would see what they were thinking when someone did the same with their children.
Humans are evil. I hope, god will let them feel the same what they do with the animals.
This video really let me thinking to get a vegetarian.

This is the dark side of actions people can do. This is pervert.
Hope the next Amnesia will not have pervert story like this.
Where is that meat production? People should be killed for what they do there.
This is by far the most sad video I ever seen. A shame what humans can be.
02-26-2012, 03:09 PM
Find
Fomzo Offline

Threads: 13

(02-26-2012, 03:09 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(02-26-2012, 02:39 PM)Hardarm Wrote: If you find a video called: "Farm to Fridge" or something like that, don't watch it. It's for your own good.

I watched the video, you get me crying.

How can people do that? I swear, I would shoot all the people who worked there.
Don't they have any feelings about the animals, no love?
This is not only for money and meat. It seems like they have fun to torture the animals.
Animals not needed to torture to get their meat. The workers are humans without a heart.
I would see what they were thinking when someone did the same with their children.
Humans are evil. I hope, god will let them feel the same what they do with the animals.
This video really let me thinking to get a vegetarian.

This is the dark side of actions people can do. This is pervert.
Hope the next Amnesia will not have pervert story like this.
Where is that meat production? People should be killed for what they do there.
This is by far the most sad video I ever seen. A shame what humans can be.
Okay, I share your feelings towards people torturing animals and having fun of this.
But, think, what can we do about it?
Every second on this planet dozens of cute, fluffy animals die out of cold, suffocation, heart attack, broken bones, stone throwing, butchering and are ran over by cars.

02-26-2012, 05:23 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(02-25-2012, 07:31 PM)Lucke Wrote: Sad but it must be done for food.
Not exactly... have you ever heard of vegetarians?

02-26-2012, 06:30 PM
Website Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I don't see the bad thing about the video in the OP. They are dead when it happens so there are no torture going on, they are just speeding up the production process?

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
02-26-2012, 06:47 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

Quote: Okay, I share your feelings towards people torturing animals and having fun of this.

But, think, what can we do about it?

Every second on this planet dozens of cute, fluffy animals die out of
cold, suffocation, heart attack, broken bones, stone throwing,
butchering and are ran over by cars.
People too, that's life, death rules here
02-26-2012, 08:48 PM
Website Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(02-26-2012, 06:30 PM)Danarogon Wrote:

Yep, and I would never be one either Tongue

Meat tastes too good to not be eaten. But I do hate not being able to finish every meal, although I never really think about the animals... More about how its wasting money Tongue

People have different opinions about this sort of thing, and people say they wont ever eat meat again when seeing animals be slaughtered but it doesn't really phase me one bit. I even did my work experience for a company that slaughters chickens Wink

As the animal torture being in the new Amnesia... Torturing humans was included in TDD so its likely there will be a fair amount of animal torture in the new Amnesia Tongue Wouldn't really make sense if their wasn't XD

[Image: luv.gif]
02-27-2012, 02:12 AM
Find
Gasjockey Offline

Threads: 1

(02-27-2012, 02:12 AM)Lucke Wrote:
(02-26-2012, 06:30 PM)Danarogon Wrote:

Yep, and I would never be one either Tongue

Meat tastes too good to not be eaten. But I do hate not being able to finish every meal, although I never really think about the animals... More about how its wasting money Tongue

People have different opinions about this sort of thing, and people say they wont ever eat meat again when seeing animals be slaughtered but it doesn't really phase me one bit. I even did my work experience for a company that slaughters chickens Wink

As the animal torture being in the new Amnesia... Torturing humans was included in TDD so its likely there will be a fair amount of animal torture in the new Amnesia Tongue Wouldn't really make sense if their wasn't XD
Well, there already was animal torture in TDD. Remember the study? Alexander was experimenting with extracting vitae from animals, mainly dogs if I remember correctly. But I think you're looking at it a bit too literal. Even though the new Amnesia game is called "A Machine For Pigs" doesn't mean that there's literally pigs being slaughtered in the game. As has been mentioned several times already (although maybe not in this thread), it could very well be a metaphor for humans. Actually, considering Frictionals history, I'd say that's likely.

Member of the secret society of TCaMtRLHfPSMUYRYRtWWtPtKYOoPFatHHG
02-27-2012, 09:17 AM
Find
TheGrandHero Offline

Threads: 0

It is a metaphor for humans. The very first concept art we saw on the site was a human torso being led down a corridor on a meat hook. D:
02-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Find
jfcwilson Offline

Threads: 0

Firstly--the pigs are not dead before beheading. In most slaughterhouses a so-called "stun-gun", a pnumatic bolt gun, is used to paralyze the animal by blunt trama to the cranium. The animal is still alive and is usually aware of what is happening, but is unable to move. Very similar to how a bee sting might paralyze your arm. The animal is only dead after its head is cut or its throat slit, and sometimes the extreme pain of either of these operations can force the animals brain to kick-start and the body may start thrashing.

Secondly--I have to say that the casual attitude of some people here toward killing and pain disgusts me. Maybe we need meat, but that does not mean we can laugh about how great meat tastes and how icky veggies are. Respect the animals who are the only reason you are alive, or drop meat altogether(yes, it is possible).

02-27-2012, 09:41 PM
Find
Gasjockey Offline

Threads: 1

(02-27-2012, 09:41 PM)jfcwilson Wrote: Firstly--the pigs are not dead before beheading. In most slaughterhouses a so-called "stun-gun", a pnumatic bolt gun, is used to paralyze the animal by blunt trama to the cranium. The animal is still alive and is usually aware of what is happening, but is unable to move. Very similar to how a bee sting might paralyze your arm. The animal is only dead after its head is cut or its throat slit, and sometimes the extreme pain of either of these operations can force the animals brain to kick-start and the body may start thrashing.

Secondly--I have to say that the casual attitude of some people here toward killing and pain disgusts me. Maybe we need meat, but that does not mean we can laugh about how great meat tastes and how icky veggies are. Respect the animals who are the only reason you are alive, or drop meat altogether(yes, it is possible).
Personally, I have great respect for animals, and I think that a lot of the things we humans do to them "just because we can" are pretty fucking despicable. But I also realize that, in a world where atrocities and horrible things happen every single day, you can't let all of it go to your head. That would make you insane. There's also the fact that (at least in this case) it's over pretty quickly, so it's not really all that much of a problem. Also, we are omnivores, not herbivores. That isn't much of an argument in and of itself, but think about it. It's engrained in our culture, you can't easily make people relinquish something that has been enjoyed by humans for literally millennia. Also, many (maybe even most) people love the taste of meat (me included), and that fact alone I think is enough to hinder any major anti-meat campaign. There's also the trend among some vegetarians and vegans to rub it in the faces of everyone else. Which sure as fuck doesn't help their case very much, even if just a few do it. That said, people are free to do whatever the fuck they want. If they want to go vegan, sure. Just don't try and force me to go vegan as well.

Member of the secret society of TCaMtRLHfPSMUYRYRtWWtPtKYOoPFatHHG
02-27-2012, 10:50 PM
Find