Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Surround Sound?
madFive Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Surround Sound?

The FAQ here says that penumbra: overture should have support for surround sound, but i haven't figured out how to turn it on yet. Is there an option in-game to turn this on? "Use Hardware?" Or do i need to tweak the settings.cfg to get it up and running?

I'm using an Audigy 2 sound card with Creative 5.1 speakers. I may need to update my drivers, and will look into that asap. Just want to make sure i know how to turn it on.

The game crashed the one time i tried checking the "use hardware" option - if that's how to turn it on, i definately need to update my drivers...
09-28-2007, 03:55 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Surround Sound?

Surround is enabled by setting use hardware. However, to get the best results you will need the latest sound card drivers. So update your drivers and try again.
09-28-2007, 07:12 AM
Find
madFive Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Surround Sound?

yep - updating the sound drivers got the 'use hardware' option stabilized, and surround is now working - thx

creative drivers are sooo temperamental... *resisting urge to rant on the headache that is updating drivers...
10-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Find