Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Issue.
kmaxx420 Offline

Threads: 1
Level Editor Issue.

So basically my problem is the key that i made won't unlock the door its supposed to.
It just says "Cannot use item this way."

Theres my .hps file.

Key's name = key_1
Key's sub name = key1
Door's name = mansion_1

If you need anything else let me know.
02-26-2012, 08:21 AM
Find
SilentStriker Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 26
RE: Level Editor Issue.

If you've named it right in the level editor then it's not the level editors fault that it wont work, you need to script it in a .hps file

02-26-2012, 10:12 AM
Find
kmaxx420 Offline

Threads: 1

I scripted it in that .hps file i posted. I was watching a tutorial on how to do it and i have the script set up the way its supposed to. I asked the owner of the video for help and he told me to send him my .hps file so i did. He tryed it and it worked for him. The key unlocked the door and everything. Worked fine for him. So i know it must be something on my side, yet i don't know what it would be. the .hps file is the same name as my map name. I'm not really sure what else could cause the problem besides the .hps file being wrong but it works fine for him so that can't be the case. Any ideas?
02-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

If you can't use the item, make sure your syntax is correct. In the function called by the UseItemCallback, it has to be
void Whateveryounamedit(string &in asEntity, string &in asItem)

If there's still a problem, delete your map_cache files. They have the nasty tendency to provide bugs.

02-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Find