Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What do you think of my custom story ideas?
TheDevoidLife Offline

Threads: 1
RE: What do you think of my custom story ideas?

I like The Crypt and Descendit, those both sound like they have serious potential to make something absolutely awesome. With The Crypt you could make use of the coins, maybe some sort of score system or having to collect the money before he can leave or go down further.

Seeing as we're talking about ideas, anyone mind telling me what they think of this?
Spoiler below!
Telemarketer Steven Andrews spends a lot of time with phones, and is practically obsessed with them. He's lived his life fairly happily, but now, something isn't right. He's become plagued by terrible nightmares, and something is troubling him, eating away at him from the inside.

This would be more of an experience for the player, as he takes the role of Steven and slowly uncovers the story of his life, from his early childhood to present day life. I'm generally planning on having most of the plot be told by phone conversations, to fit in with Steve's own obsession and create a sort of motif. The nightmares themselves would also serve as major way to advance in the plot, with Steven's own house being a sort of hub that the player can explore and use to learn more about the character in between nightmares

Sure nice guys finish last, but doesn't that just mean they live longer?
03-11-2012, 03:02 AM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

(03-11-2012, 03:02 AM)TheDevoidLife Wrote: I like The Crypt and Descendit, those both sound like they have serious potential to make something absolutely awesome. With The Crypt you could make use of the coins, maybe some sort of score system or having to collect the money before he can leave or go down further.

Seeing as we're talking about ideas, anyone mind telling me what they think of this?
Spoiler below!
Telemarketer Steven Andrews spends a lot of time with phones, and is practically obsessed with them. He's lived his life fairly happily, but now, something isn't right. He's become plagued by terrible nightmares, and something is troubling him, eating away at him from the inside.

This would be more of an experience for the player, as he takes the role of Steven and slowly uncovers the story of his life, from his early childhood to present day life. I'm generally planning on having most of the plot be told by phone conversations, to fit in with Steve's own obsession and create a sort of motif. The nightmares themselves would also serve as major way to advance in the plot, with Steven's own house being a sort of hub that the player can explore and use to learn more about the character in between nightmares

It looks interesting, good luck! Smile

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
03-14-2012, 11:03 AM
Find
TheDevoidLife Offline

Threads: 1

(03-14-2012, 11:03 AM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote:
(03-11-2012, 03:02 AM)TheDevoidLife Wrote: I like The Crypt and Descendit, those both sound like they have serious potential to make something absolutely awesome. With The Crypt you could make use of the coins, maybe some sort of score system or having to collect the money before he can leave or go down further.

Spoiler below!

It looks interesting, good luck! Smile
Thanks! Good luck to you as well! Big Grin

Sure nice guys finish last, but doesn't that just mean they live longer?
03-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Find
Ahiam94 Offline

Threads: 2

they all sound pretty good, I'd give them a shot. Although,
The Star of Africa sounds a LOT like the plot to The Dark Descent.

I want a Flugelhorn!
03-14-2012, 10:28 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

(03-14-2012, 10:28 PM)Ahiam94 Wrote: they all sound pretty good, I'd give them a shot. Although,
The Star of Africa sounds a LOT like the plot to The Dark Descent.
Thanks! Smile
Updated OP with info about the features in the mods.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
03-15-2012, 08:22 PM
Find