Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lots of Amnesia-themed music
JenniferOrange Offline

Threads: 43
RE: Lots of Amnesia-themed music

(03-03-2012, 12:01 AM)SgtYayap Wrote:
(03-02-2012, 11:56 PM)JenniferOrange Wrote: Guest Room Journals is probably my favorite.
I have no idea how you've created such masterpieces, but by all means:
DON'T STOP DOING IT.
I really appreciate the encouragement, especially as I needed it right now.

Guest Room Journals was a suite, and I'm willing to provide you the individual movements if you want them. Wink
You're welcome.
It's nice of you to be willing to provide them! Though I cannot create music to save my life, so I wouldn't have a use for them. If you really wanted some constructive criticism I enjoyed every song/clip with Amnesia in the front. I didn't particularly like the futuristic ones as it threw off the Amnesia feel but I'm sure others like them. Personally I didn't think any of the other ones belonged in the same album as the Amnesia ones. But I must say; you have a fantastic ear for making creepy music. I did recognize some sounds I've heard on my sister's keyboard, though I'm not entirely sure you're using a keyboard yourself. As I listened to them I was reminded of Amnesia almost immediately, as they all sound quite similar to the actual songs. If you plan to make more music there is a lack of decent creepy piano songs on the market these days.. keep it in mind.

Ba-da bing, ba-da boom.
03-03-2012, 12:24 AM
Find
PythonBlue Offline

Threads: 13

(03-03-2012, 12:24 AM)JenniferOrange Wrote: You're welcome.
It's nice of you to be willing to provide them! Though I cannot create music to save my life, so I wouldn't have a use for them. If you really wanted some constructive criticism I enjoyed every song/clip with Amnesia in the front. I didn't particularly like the futuristic ones as it threw off the Amnesia feel but I'm sure others like them. Personally I didn't think any of the other ones belonged in the same album as the Amnesia ones. But I must say; you have a fantastic ear for making creepy music. I did recognize some sounds I've heard on my sister's keyboard, though I'm not entirely sure you're using a keyboard yourself. As I listened to them I was reminded of Amnesia almost immediately, as they all sound quite similar to the actual songs. If you plan to make more music there is a lack of decent creepy piano songs on the market these days.. keep it in mind.
Well, the ones beginning with Amnesia were meant for the game, so.... XD

As for the futuristic-style ones, I admit I was throwing in some of my own preference to it. I'll keep that constructive criticism in mind for future songs to distribute. Wink

For the keyboard, what keyboard does your sister have? I do mostly use software, but most of the instruments are based off of older hardware.

And the creepy piano music, it's ironic: I just finished this piano-heavy piece. XD

http://soundcloud.com/sgtyayap404/mysterious-papers

03-03-2012, 01:54 AM
Find
PythonBlue Offline

Several of the Bancamp pieces, and more, are now available for download on moddb.com. These are specifically formatted to work with Amnesia (i.e. ogg vorbis format).

http://www.moddb.com/members/sgtyayap/ad...-mod-music

03-03-2012, 10:49 PM
Find
JenniferOrange Offline

Threads: 43

(03-03-2012, 01:54 AM)SgtYayap Wrote:

As for the futuristic-style ones, I admit I was throwing in some of my own preference to it. I'll keep that constructive criticism in mind for future songs to distribute. Wink

For the keyboard, what keyboard does your sister have? I do mostly use software, but most of the instruments are based off of older hardware.

And the creepy piano music, it's ironic: I just finished this piano-heavy piece. XD

I figured. :]
I believe she owns a Yamaha. I can't remember the model, I just know the brand. It has selections for many different things like a choir, music box, even nature sounds.
As for the piano music you made, I love it. It creeps me out almost as much as Room Of Angel from SH 4. Now THAT song.. I'm still freaked out 8 hours later.

Ba-da bing, ba-da boom.
03-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Find
PythonBlue Offline

(03-03-2012, 11:20 PM)JenniferOrange Wrote:
(03-03-2012, 01:54 AM)SgtYayap Wrote:

I figured. :]
I believe she owns a Yamaha. I can't remember the model, I just know the brand. It has selections for many different things like a choir, music box, even nature sounds.
As for the piano music you made, I love it. It creeps me out almost as much as Room Of Angel from SH 4. Now THAT song.. I'm still freaked out 8 hours later.
Well, I DO have Korg sounds, whose owner company works closely with Yamaha, but otherwise....

Thank you! XD It was inspired by a mix of the original music and an instrumental B-Side by Gary Numan titled "Asylum". Nice to know I gave the right effect. XD

03-04-2012, 12:11 AM
Find
Gamemakingdude Offline

Threads: 82

Another guy i know that makes creepy music is lapfox trax. But only one of their "artists" does it. Aurastys.
http://lapfox.bandcamp.com/album/idea-l-s

This is a free album, and Aurastys music is creepy as hell.

Rep if like me or im helpful or you love my stories!
Stephanos house
03-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Find
PythonBlue Offline

Does Aurastys have an account, here? If not, I'm hesitant to use even free music depending on the permission given. Is it Creative Commons?

03-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Find
Gamemakingdude Offline

Threads: 82

No i dont think he has an account here, he has his own youtube channel with all his music and does give out free tracks. I used one of his songs in my Stephanos house and acredited him of course.

Rep if like me or im helpful or you love my stories!
Stephanos house
03-05-2012, 09:46 PM
Find
PythonBlue Offline

Figured I'd update this thread to prove that the currently-available Bandcamp material won't be the last.

This piece will be included in an upcoming mod, but is still free to listen to.
http://soundcloud.com/sgtyayap404/the-caves

In addition, I am tempted to restart my music mod attempt of the original game. If I do decide to follow through with this temptation, then DEFINITELY stay tuned for more.

03-17-2012, 03:29 AM
Find
xPICKLEMONSTER Offline

What do you use to create and record your music?

[Image: monthebiffybackgroundss.jpg]
Voice Actor in
Poisonous
Confusion

03-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Find