Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

double-image? (just making sure)
madFive Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago double-image? (just making sure)

I'm getting this weird efect most of the time now, generally whenever i walk near bright lights or use the flashlight/glow-stick - it's pretty cool looking, but sometimes a little obtrusive. Just wanted to make sure whether it's supposed to be there or not. Getting a double-image overlay of the scene - kindof a less-pronounced version of the filter used during the inspect-item feature. Not really wanting to take measures to get rid of it just now, i'm mostly just curious if this was intentional or some kind of artifact from my video card...

see screenshot:
10-05-2007, 03:36 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: double-image? (just making sure)

For some reason Bloom is not working as it should on your computer. Turn it off and the problem should go away.
10-05-2007, 08:54 AM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4

I had this happen in other games too. In my case the "alternate pixel center" setting was causing Bloom effects to shift off the actual image, for some reason I don't know.
But when I turned it off, everything looked ok again.

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
10-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

Try using a custom screen resolution. When I set my screen resolution for the game to 1400x900, I got a strangely ghostly effect similier to that.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
10-06-2007, 06:26 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

One reason might be that when you set some resoultion, for example 800x600, the graphics card sets to some other instead for whatever reason, lets say 800x480. Then the engine will use the wrong resolution when doing the post rendering effects causing problems like this.
10-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Find
madFive Offline

Threads: 3

I'm modding the ini to get the game into 1600x1200 - turning off bloom didn't fix the problem, just altered it a little. Turning off post-processing, but leaving on bloom, seems to have fixed everything.

I'm considering turning it back on next time I play thru the game, as it was a pretty cool effect. This is what the world sort-of looks like if my glasses are really dirty, which makes the game more horrific when turned on - maybe the protagonist also has bad eye-sight, in addition to his below-average melee skills… Tongue
10-08-2007, 04:29 PM
Find