Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change/Modify Game Mechanics
GreyFox Offline

Threads: 23
Change/Modify Game Mechanics

First and foremost, If this is not allowed from the games conditions or something, Please tell me.

Moving On

I was wondering if anyone knows how to change/Modify some Game Mechanics, I know it can be done since theres a video on youtube of someone doing the thing I want. But I wanted to know what file I need to edit and stuff.

Thank you
-Grey Fox

Current Project
Forgotten
03-05-2012, 03:05 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Change/Modify Game Mechanics

Yes and no.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
03-05-2012, 03:22 AM
Website Find
GreyFox Offline

Threads: 23

Lol,

Alright heres what I'm thinking, Make a Physic/Collision based Property/script so I can Break down a door with Any thing that has a Body/Weight (IE, a Chair. Sledgehammer) anything really.

Thanks
-Grey Fox

Current Project
Forgotten
03-05-2012, 04:09 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(03-05-2012, 04:09 AM)GreyFox Wrote: Alright heres what I'm thinking, Make a Physic/Collision based Property/script so I can Break down a door with Any thing that has a Body/Weight (IE, a Chair. Sledgehammer) anything really.

That's something i've planned for one of my projects, and it works in the same way as plate and glass entities. In the entity's user defined variables, you can specify the force required to cause damage to the entity being hit.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
03-05-2012, 04:32 AM
Website Find
Stepper321 Offline

Threads: 26

Did you know (it's very hard) that you can add guns? I have tried already, you can't make it in the custom story itself but you have to edit everything. I haven't found out how you can shoot, but it checks if you have your gun wield, and then your lantern turns off. And you get your gun, when you walk you have an animation. I can't let it have the lantern turn on, it can't wield 2 things. I have no idea why but ok.

The reason why i have tried this is because i saw on the script of the grunt a damage of gun, and hit of a thing or something. Sledgehammer.

Signature to awesome to be displayed.
03-05-2012, 04:10 PM
Find