Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texture, Model & Animation Help Help! custom model's texture doesn't show up!
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85
Help! custom model's texture doesn't show up!

Hey there... i have downloaded a custom model that i wanted to use in my custom story... i opened it in maya as i usualy do whit custom models... and i open hypershade to load the texture and attach it to the model... i export it into .dae and put it in my custom enteties file... then i make the mat file for the texture whit the exact same file name has the diffuse texture... normaly after i have done all this the model shows up texturated in model editor.... but this time it doesn't! if i select every thing... my model is there... but the texture doesn't show up! i tried every thing (or every thing i know... cuss i am really new whit maya so i don't even know how to model correctly in it.... i just know how to apply a texture to a model) but nothing worked... can some one please help?
03-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Website Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60
RE: Help! custom model's texture doesn't show up!

I was uncapable of reading the post, since it was so badly structured :>

My recommendation though is to go into the UV texture editor and make certain that the model does not contain multiple UV maps. That is one of the common issues when importing models.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

03-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

(03-04-2012, 06:18 PM)Acies Wrote: I was uncapable of reading the post, since it was so badly structured :>

My recommendation though is to go into the UV texture editor and make certain that the model does not contain multiple UV maps. That is one of the common issues when importing models.
and how do i see that? remenber i know almost nothing of maya :3?

03-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Website Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

Spoiler below!

[Image: twtrc.jpg]

Then in that menu go to "UV Sets". If it is more than one you have a case of multiple UVs.

Edit: Fixing that means copying UV shells and merging the two images so that you have one UV set at the end.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2012, 06:46 PM by Acies.)
03-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

no.... i only have one... and it still doesn't work...

03-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Website Find