Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Work in progress Followed By Death Chapter Two Developement Update
JMFStorm Offline

Threads: 8
Followed By Death Chapter Two Developement Update

Hi guys!

Followed By Death Chapter Two proceeds very well so I wanted to make a presentation for things to come. I've seen from many let's play videos that everybody seemed to like the Chapter One's "special" intro with "that one metal music in it" (BTW the song is Angra - Spread Your Fire) so it's coming back in Chapter Two. This time around there are more voiceactors in the story and I'm really going to tell the story much more in Chapter Two with flashbacks, diaries and notes. But if you are a guy who doesn't care too much about the stories but more about scary monster encounters, then no worries! In Chapter Two I'm going to give players much more challenegs with tough monster encounters and chase parts.

[Image: mkAsL.jpg]

The Chapter Two's last levels are based on the Old Harman's Castle's deepest dungeons where the brute monster is a constant threat. The player and the brute have much history because the brute killed the player's wife in the Chapter One so there will be many tense moments and in the end the player gets to kill the monster! The only remaining monster, the Suitor get's in to the story aswell and I'm keeping him constantly around the player. The Suitor comes into a much larger role in the Chapter Three when the story is revealed more.

[Image: SjpaD.jpg]

I try to make the best out of my level editing skills. The level making is exremely fun for me but also really time consuming. My goal is to make fun levels filled with many events, puzzles and good gameplay. Some events occur diffrently depending on players actions so I hope this gives the story some replayability. Chapter Two is currently about 60% done. The release is still going to take ages. Maybe even three months...

A little teaser I made. Just some little parts from the Chapter Two:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0jcdDfOlGE

Followed By Death ModDB Site:
(Download Chapter One, images and videos)
http://www.moddb.com/mods/followed-by-death

I hope you are going to enjoy Chapter Two as much as I've had enjoyed making it!
-JMFStorm

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2012, 06:26 PM by JMFStorm.)
03-07-2012, 04:08 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
RE: Followed By Death Chapter Two Developement Update

Looks really good. Good luck with the project Wink

Chapter 1 was really intense!

“Life is a game, play it”
03-07-2012, 06:27 PM
Find
Datguy5 Offline

Threads: 25

Looking great!But what are those areas outside of the walls and then the sounds?

03-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Looking really good so far, my LP of the first part was by far the one I've enjoyed playing the most this far.
03-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

First one was spectacular, one of my favorite CS's ever. Not to mention it had some of the best mapping I've seen in a custom story (which made me even more happy). So with that said, hope you really make this awesome Smile

Posting Freak
03-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Website Find
JMFStorm Offline

Threads: 8

(03-07-2012, 06:29 PM)Datguy5 Wrote: Looking great!But what are those areas outside of the walls and then the sounds?
The areas outside of the walls are timed sound positions.

03-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Find
Datguy5 Offline

(03-09-2012, 06:28 PM)JMFStorm Wrote:
(03-07-2012, 06:29 PM)Datguy5 Wrote: Looking great!But what are those areas outside of the walls and then the sounds?
The areas outside of the walls are timed sound positions.
Ok thanks : D

03-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Find