Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Item Names
DaAinGame Offline

Threads: 11
Item Names

Well, I've spent the last 5 hours trying to get my .lang file to work correctly. All I'm simply trying to do is giving a key a name and a description. What really confuses me is that it worked just fine yesterday, but when I got on today it no longer worked. I'm almost 99.99% positive I never changed anything. Well otherwise, here's the file.

<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">
All you rememeber is that your name is Zanzibar. As you explore a familiar place, secrects become unraveled, and an even darker truth is revealed...
</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
<Entry Name="ItemName_bedroom_key">Bedroom Key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_bedroom_key">The word BEDROOM is inscribed in its side.</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_storage_key">Storage Room Key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_storage_key">The word STORAGE is inscribed in its side.</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_study_key">Study Room Key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_study_key">The word STUDY is inscribed in its side.</Entry>

I'm still really new to this so look for common mistakes =P. No point in posting my .hps seeing as how it works flawlessly.

***EDIT*** Fixed it. was missing a </CATEGORY> Below the Entry names, above the last <Language>

Realm Of Another Chapter 1: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-14142.html
Realm Of Another Chapter 2: Postponed
Adder Halls: 5%
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2012, 12:10 AM by DaAinGame.)
03-09-2012, 11:32 PM
Find
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18
RE: Item Names

You appear to be missing a:
</CATERGORY>
And the language tags:
<LANGUAGE>
  ..Stuff here...
</LANGUAGE>
You might want to consider using a tool for editing .lang files in future, I created one which you can get in this thread

Edit: Forum stripped out the tag.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2012, 11:52 PM by Apjjm.)
03-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Find
DaAinGame Offline

Threads: 11

If you mean like this, then it still didn't work. Still just says Picked Up _____. Doesn't give the item name or description.

<LANGUAGE>
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">
All you rememeber is that your name is Zanzibar. As you explore a familiar place, secrets become unraveled, and an even darker truth is revealed...
</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
<Entry Name="ItemName_bedroom_key">Bedroom Key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_bedroom_key">The word BEDROOM is inscribed in its side.</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_storage_key">Storage Room Key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_storage_key">The word STORAGE is inscribed in its side.</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_study_key">Study Room Key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_study_key">The word STUDY is inscribed in its side.</Entry>

</LANGUAGE>

EDIT: Got that tool and this is the error its telling me.
ERROR: The 'CATEGORY' start tag on line 8 does not match the end tag of 'LANGUAGE'. Line 20, position 3.
Sorry if this is just a silly little mistake, but I cannot figure this out. (Just started all of this yesterday) still unsure of where all the little <> goes.

Realm Of Another Chapter 1: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-14142.html
Realm Of Another Chapter 2: Postponed
Adder Halls: 5%
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2012, 12:03 AM by DaAinGame.)
03-10-2012, 12:00 AM
Find
JenniferOrange Offline

Threads: 43

EDIT: NEVERMIND, I just realized you put that you fixed it. You really should have put it on your last post but okay.

Ba-da bing, ba-da boom.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2012, 01:12 AM by JenniferOrange.)
03-10-2012, 01:10 AM
Find