Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
Nintendo Castle Horror
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Nintendo Castle Horror

(04-12-2012, 04:10 PM)Skashi Wrote: 1. it's not for pewdiepie
2. he's german
3. there's no rule to use own music
4. stop trolling
1. It doesn't matter if it is, I believe that regardless of what reasons maps are made for quality is important.

2. As opposed to Cranky's post, I can believe that his English isn't that good, but if he really wanted his story to have even better quality than before, he could have his story proofread-ed. A note for all CS makers out there.

3. I actually don't mind the music, but it putting aside the topic at hand (Since I'm not sure what the CS's maker was going for), whatever music you use will set the mood. If you use comical music, the mood will be hard to take seriously as horror. Again, this is talking in general.

4. I have to back up Cranky on this, even I don't entirely agree with his vague way of responding to this sentence. He was just expressing his opinion, and though it was rather extreme/harsh, it was all well in place.

Though Cranky I think if you want people to respond better to your criticism, you can be nicer with your words, so that people will know you are trying to help them in a friendly way, rather than interpret your post as hostile.

04-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(04-12-2012, 04:38 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Though Cranky I think if you want people to respond better to your criticism, you can be nicer with your words, so that people will know you are trying to help them in a friendly way, rather than interpret your post as hostile.
I'm trying to be impartial in these reviews, and I started doing them so that people wouldn't download maps they would later find out that they wouldn't like. I could call it a jumpscare map, but you are opening doors with carpets, you are at one point assaulted by a *wall* of 10 flying Jesuses, and a voice goes "Boom! Headshot!". This is at most some sort of bizarre comedic jumpscare map. It's everything that's not Amnesia. I'm suspecting that the creator is doing this on purpose to mess with the players.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2012, 05:13 PM by Cranky Old Man.)
04-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10

(04-12-2012, 12:48 AM)ThoseRandomGuyz Wrote: I don't think so. In fact, I kind of doubt it. Just follow the instructions, and it should be rather easy to do. Just hit combine folders and stuff like that. So if you downloaded this and it has a redist folder, all you have to do is open it, and drag all of the documents into your redist folder, or find the place with the same named folders. Sorry, I might have confused you, but if you still have problems, go to the problem-shooting page or look up how to download these. Big Grin Good luck!
Oh, so I don't have to replace anything?
I thought I had to replace original Amnesia folders, and that felt bad. But I probably misread it, then! Smile
Btw I use Steam not retail.

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
04-12-2012, 08:07 PM
Find
ThoseRandomGuyz Offline

Threads: 2

(04-12-2012, 08:07 PM)Tommyboypsp Wrote: Oh, so I don't have to replace anything?
I thought I had to replace original Amnesia folders, and that felt bad. But I probably misread it, then! Smile
Btw I use Steam not retail.
Oh, ok! You can probably look up how to download CS on youtube or on google or something if you still need help. And trust me, it doesn't erase all of your stuff (just make sure you don't overwrite or something like that, just hit the thing that tells you to combine them). Big Grin

As I was reading this thread, I saw a lot of arguments and people fighting over their opinion. I just wanted to say I think people should respect other's opinions of the CS (although some of them don't have to be that rude, just saying Big Grin ). Some people will absolutely hate this map (and I can see the CS from their point of view, and I respect their opinion), and some people will like it. Personally, I thought it was an entertaining map, because I saw it as a different type of CS, more for the fun and the wtf rather than for serious gameplay. Also, I consider it to be a nice break in the horror of the serious stories and main gameplay. I am not saying I don't like the serious CS's (in fact, I really like them and give them a lot of attention), but sometimes it's nice to have a nice little break. Big Grin
Just wanted to say that.

I will review all of your custom stories (when I find time!)!
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2012, 12:42 AM by ThoseRandomGuyz.)
04-13-2012, 12:37 AM
Find
Ultimegastriker Offline

Threads: 5

(04-12-2012, 05:00 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: I'm trying to be impartial in these reviews, and I started doing them so that people wouldn't download maps they would later find out that they wouldn't like. I could call it a jumpscare map, but you are opening doors with carpets, you are at one point assaulted by a *wall* of 10 flying Jesuses, and a voice goes "Boom! Headshot!". This is at most some sort of bizarre comedic jumpscare map. It's everything that's not Amnesia. I'm suspecting that the creator is doing this on purpose to mess with the players.
Dont spoiler my Cs asshole -.-

My maps are 4 some Fun and quick Scares.
If you don't like it leave this Thread.

Edit: The Power Castle Horror ... Sorry that you are all waiting so long but you have to wait a bit, right now I do not much time for mapping and scripting. I beg your understanding

On my YT Channel you can find all Storys from here.
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2012, 05:32 AM by Ultimegastriker.)
04-13-2012, 05:25 AM
Find
Kaizy Offline

Threads: 0

I keep seeing this on the forum though I haven't downloaded/played it yet. From what I'm hearing, it's basically joke mod...I suppose I should give it a shot whenever I'm streaming again because this seems like the kind of map I'd want to play for friends as opposed to alone.

I play Amnesia Custom Stories a couple times a week on Livestream
Its great fun
http://www.livestream.com/kaizy
Steam account: Krazyw0lfie
04-13-2012, 06:52 AM
Find
Nickshrike Offline

Threads: 1

I just played this whole custom story and found it interesting and a bit unique at the start, yeah it's a joke story and that isn't really my thing but it was much better than a lot of joke stories i've played.

Spoiler below!
At first, I found the story funny with all the naked guys attacking the suitor and I enjoyed Luigi's mansion as a fun game so I really thought everything fit quite well.
I didn't particularly like the outside bit at all as it got really tedious, once I got inside the house it was still pretty tedious.
The captain falcon bit was quite funny and I laughed at that but afterwards it started to get tedious and boring again.
When I saw the monster I knew it was a poofer because of the way the custom story was made, that is probably a bad thing as it didn't scare me at all.
Consider getting some proof reading for your notes, some of them made little to no sense, i'd be happy to help with that if you wanted.
If you were to create a sequel that kept the originality that some parts of your story had along with making it a bit less tedious then I reckon the story could be a lot better.

I'll give this map a 3/5 as it leaves a fair bit to be desired but I could see some good map making skills in it.
04-13-2012, 08:42 AM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10

Hehe, just completed it.
Pretty funny, though I felt like I missed out on some things:
Spoiler below!
-Before going through the door to go outside, there is a room to your right, but there's nothing in it?
-What's in the desk with the glowing red coming out of it, right before the end? :O Couldn't figure out how to open it Tongue

Nice job on the deformed things like the tinderboxes and the giant cockroach Tongue Haven't seen that before.The jumpscares got me good a few times, but I had seen PewDiePie's Let's Play, so I knew some of them beforehand. I had the sound on really loud though, so they still managed to scare me Tongue

Oh and when you take the elevator down, the light goes off and on again, as if there's some kind of technical issue. The light however is coming from a candle, so that doesn't make sense Tongue I don't know if this was a joke or a mistake, it's funny though : P

Oh and one of those falcon punches kicked me right into what was supposed to be a jumpscare, haha! So it went "Falcon PUNCH" *loud scream*
Cool story!

Spoiler below!
Edit: Oh and the money didn't serve any purpose, did it?

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2012, 11:46 PM by Tommyboypsp.)
04-13-2012, 11:44 PM
Find
GoldenEditionStephano Offline

Threads: 0

(04-12-2012, 04:10 PM)Skashi Wrote:
(04-12-2012, 10:29 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: Review:
"Abysmal" comes to mind when watching the PDP LP (because I'm sure as hell not downloading something with "Nintendo" in the title).
This is a story made by a PDP fan, for PDP, and besides Stephanos and lots of barrels, the creator has also made it a point to saturate his "story" with flying Jesuses, that also goes "Boom! Headshot!" or just screams obnoxiously. The mood music seems to come from "Luigi's Mansion", and the creator isn't even educated enough to write proper english. Avoid this map at all costs, even if people pay you money. I'd rather watch a screamer.
1/5
1. it's not for pewdiepie
2. he's german
4. stop trolling
2. He's Swedish :idea:

04-14-2012, 11:30 AM
Find
Skashi Away
Pirate

Threads: 28

(04-14-2012, 11:30 AM)GoldenEditionStephano Wrote:
(04-12-2012, 04:10 PM)Skashi Wrote:
(04-12-2012, 10:29 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: Review:
"Abysmal" comes to mind when watching the PDP LP (because I'm sure as hell not downloading something with "Nintendo" in the title).
This is a story made by a PDP fan, for PDP, and besides Stephanos and lots of barrels, the creator has also made it a point to saturate his "story" with flying Jesuses, that also goes "Boom! Headshot!" or just screams obnoxiously. The mood music seems to come from "Luigi's Mansion", and the creator isn't even educated enough to write proper english. Avoid this map at all costs, even if people pay you money. I'd rather watch a screamer.
1/5
1. it's not for pewdiepie
2. he's german
4. stop trolling
2. He's Swedish Idea
no the maker of this story is german Idea
04-14-2012, 11:33 AM
Find